DOA can't get a break huh?

#31antking61Posted 9/13/2012 10:28:52 PM
chocogerman777 posted...
Still doesn't make it a necessity. Sure money makes life easier but you won't die without it.

That doesn't negate the seriousness of the official tournaments held, such as EVO.
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#32FormlessGodPosted 9/13/2012 11:13:50 PM(edited)
I can't keep up with all the editing =(((((

I never said those things were necessary for living either.

Of course a human being only needs food, water and shelter to sustain, capt. obvious. One theoretically doesn't need anything else, but I guess I don't have to explain why it's a dumb and backwards way of thinking. You don't need that chair. You don't need that computer. You don't need all that electricity. You don't even need that toilet. Why aren't you already living in a mountain? Primitive life is the only life. Right.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone here who needs video games in their lives. LOL.

Goddamn how dare people enjoy things. Lynch them all.
#33G_gglypuffPosted 9/13/2012 10:39:03 PM
Not like we aren't similar enough to monkeys anyway.
---
Looks like Gamefaqs moderators are taken directly from reformatories for insane juvenile delinquents.
#34DrkVrtxPosted 9/13/2012 11:31:30 PM
No Fighting Game is a serious fighter until it is being hosted at an MLG event with a 100K pot.

#E-Sports
#35chocogerman777Posted 9/14/2012 12:05:51 AM
FormlessGod posted...
I can't keep up with all the editing =(((((

I never said those things were necessary for living either.

it's a dumb and backwards way of thinking.

well that's your opinion.
---
WANT - Dead or Alive 5
Currently Playing -- Tekken Tag Tournament 2,Dead or Alive Online
#36Lacrymosa143Posted 9/14/2012 4:08:19 AM
finaleve posted...
chocogerman777 posted...
antking61 posted...

Of course, if you have enough money to say playing for $50k isn't serious then I kindly ask for a donation of 50 grand.

People have survived for thousands of years without video games..that's how I know video games aren't serious.
But whatever..I'll quit derailing this topic any further..

At the end of the day..we all play video games to have fun..so **** all of those people who think they're better just because their favorite game is more complex or more difficult or whatever. **** them because they will always be idiots.

People have survived thousands of years without sports and yet look at all the players making millions of dollars to swing a stick at a ball and millions of people watch it. Tell those people that their things aren't serious.

If you want to take a game seriously, cool. I take mine seriously sometimes because it's my hobby. I like to take my hobbies seriously.

Not true. We always had sports as long as we lived. In a hunter gatherer society we actually had more time for playing than we do now. Humans arent supposed to work 40 hour work weeks. Back then it was more like 12. Play is actually nessecary to survive as a species.
#37RRFCaptainPosted 9/14/2012 5:14:23 AM
Lacrymosa143 posted...
I know some of those women, and they are better fighters than most male fighters. The flaw in most male fighters is they are stuck trying to prove their manliness by focusing on being tough. And they end up thinking to much in a fight as well. For women it tends to be easier to relax, they can respond quicker. But you wont see that on tv, they are just women trying to be men afterall. And yes women can be tough too.

Yeah... wow. That's so completely untrue. As somebody who is ACTUALLY involved in the martial arts community and knows female fighters (yes, even some pro fighters), they spend most of their time struggling with the fact that they can't get as strong or as fast as the better male fighters due to physiology.
---
Official "NOBODY CARES WHICH GAME CHARACTER YOU WISH YOU WERE, GET A LIFE" of GFAQs.
#38Stefa777Posted 9/14/2012 7:43:40 AM
RRFCaptain posted...
Lacrymosa143 posted...
I know some of those women, and they are better fighters than most male fighters. The flaw in most male fighters is they are stuck trying to prove their manliness by focusing on being tough. And they end up thinking to much in a fight as well. For women it tends to be easier to relax, they can respond quicker. But you wont see that on tv, they are just women trying to be men afterall. And yes women can be tough too.

Yeah... wow. That's so completely untrue. As somebody who is ACTUALLY involved in the martial arts community and knows female fighters (yes, even some pro fighters), they spend most of their time struggling with the fact that they can't get as strong or as fast as the better male fighters due to physiology.

They simpry rack disciprine!
---
"Every problem a grain of sand, every night I inherit the desert."
#39Lacrymosa143Posted 9/14/2012 2:05:32 PM
RRFCaptain posted...
Lacrymosa143 posted...

Im also involved in the martial arts community and im not about to be involved in an argument about this on gamefaqs. I did before and it was stupid.
#40DegalonPosted 9/14/2012 3:58:52 PM
antking61 posted...
chocogerman777 posted...
People have survived for thousands of years without video games..that's how I know video games aren't serious.
But whatever..I'll quit derailing this topic any further..

At the end of the day..we all play video games to have fun..so **** all of those people who think they're better just because their favorite game is more complex or more difficult or whatever. **** them because they will always be idiots.

I'm not saying video games are serious and I dunno why you got all defensive about this game versus that game since I made no such remark.

The TOURNAMENTS for THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS are serious is all I said.

The real problem is the kiddies thinking online matches are serious just because they watch tournament vids online and then try to copy the winners' tactics.
---
GT: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa