So, Is survival mode the same as other DOA games?

#1Video_Game_CzarPosted 9/25/2012 5:38:19 PM
I only ask because I was reading the achievement and trophies and saw "clear 1 course in survival mode"

So...Whats this whole "course" thing? Does anyone know? Is it an endless number of fighters like in DOA 2,3 or 4 with health pick-up's and whatnot?

Thanks.
#2RyuuHou25Posted 9/25/2012 5:48:29 PM
Course refers to clearing it with one character. All courses, means all characters.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#3Video_Game_Czar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 5:49:30 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Course refers to clearing it with one character. All courses, means all characters.

But is it set up like the other DOA games in terms of scoring/power up's?
#4Yarnball289Posted 9/25/2012 6:03:42 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

But is it set up like the other DOA games in terms of scoring/power up's?

You beat ten opponents and then your done with your characters course. LOL survival mode FAIL.

Seriously, that is just fail. And you people are surprised at game informer's review. No team battle, no tag survival, and survival mode sucks.

Something other than the girls is looking SKIMMMMMMMMMPPPPPYYYYYYYY!

FGOTY NOT!
---
Xbl Tag: SaberXPendragon
#5Video_Game_Czar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 6:15:59 PM
Wow, So "survival mode" is only 10 fighters?! I hope you're joking...
#6SunburstPosted 9/25/2012 6:17:51 PM
I really miss tag survival. :(
---
There can be only one.
#7Video_Game_Czar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 6:21:01 PM
That guy is just missing with me...Right? I mean a DOA game that screws up survival mode? That can't be true.

I've been sitting on the game for a few hours now and was just about to open it and play it...But if this is the case...and I only play the DOA games for there survival mode...Yeah, It's going back. It looks really fun, but I don't care for online play with fighting games.
#8Video_Game_Czar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 6:27:59 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping for some more posts. This is starting to bug me.
#9Yarnball289Posted 9/25/2012 6:34:32 PM(edited)
Video_Game_Czar posted...
Yeah, I'm hoping for some more posts. This is starting to bug me.

Check the "replay" section of this review.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/dead_or_alive_5/b/user_reviews/archive/2012/09/25/dare-to-compare-to-tekken-tag-2.aspx
---
Xbl Tag: SaberXPendragon
#10Video_Game_Czar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 6:38:26 PM
I will say however, I was diappointed in the Survival mode. Only having 10 characters to survive through before it ends. I miss the unending Survival that ends when you are defeated.

Man, I'm really upset...I mean the 3DS DOA has it...This is pretty shocking. I mean, I pre-ordered it for a reason. Thanks guys.