Combo holds....useless?

#1HappyUnicorn101Posted 9/26/2012 11:14:34 PM
Well are they? You have forever to break them. And I have tried it, you can mash hold once you get grabbed and the game will still let you escape.
---
White Horses + Swirly Horn + Wings = Joy and Peace
#2awesomephatmanPosted 9/26/2012 11:17:30 PM
What's a combo hold again?
---
I was floating in a peaceful sea
Rescued by a sinking ship
#3Darkriku666Posted 9/26/2012 11:21:38 PM
An advanced hold that can lead to more holds. Like advanced throws (You learn about them in one of Ryu's fights in story mode)
---
Of course, if being better than your own photocopies excused bad behavior, your ass wouldn't have gotten fired after last year's holiday party.
#4Phoenix1985grPosted 9/26/2012 11:32:46 PM
The thing is that there is a just frame that if you got it becomes unbreakable, so yeah im guessing the cpu on harder levels is programmed to do it every time...
#5Phoenix1985grPosted 9/26/2012 11:37:09 PM
And just now i saw you re having the opposite problem... I havent got this game yet, but i read that there is an option in practice mode thet lets you make the cpu break from the chain throw, you could try to practice there and get these just frames so even players nor the cpu can break them
#6awesomephatmanPosted 9/27/2012 12:04:25 AM
Darkriku666 posted...
An advanced hold that can lead to more holds. Like advanced throws (You learn about them in one of Ryu's fights in story mode)

What would be an example of an advanced hold in terms of button presses?
---
#7MelficeSeph2Posted 9/27/2012 12:13:32 AM
IZUNA DROP!
---
Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride, you're in good hands.- Gene Starwind
#8Darkriku666Posted 9/27/2012 12:18:20 AM
awesomephatman posted...
Darkriku666 posted...

Have you gone through story mode? They tell you there
---
Of course, if being better than your own photocopies excused bad behavior, your ass wouldn't have gotten fired after last year's holiday party.
#9awesomephatmanPosted 9/27/2012 12:21:08 AM(edited)
Darkriku666 posted...
awesomephatman posted...
Darkriku666 posted...

I haven't gotten there in story yet, but I wanted to know NOW. I can't sleep at night not knowing.

:P

And also, sometimes I forget those tutorials. It's hard to learn, let alone master, a new concept in just one fight alone.
---
#10Darkriku666Posted 9/27/2012 12:22:16 AM
awesomephatman posted...
Darkriku666 posted...
awesomephatman posted...
Darkriku666 posted...

I haven't gotten there in story yet, but I wanted to know NOW. I can't sleep at night not knowing.

:P

Don't remember off the top of my head. I think Hitomi had Up+Forward+Hold and Lei Fang had Down+Forward+Hold and Ryu has some stupid one that's like Forward > Up+Back+Hold
---