What makes this game as good or better than Tekken?

#1BradoshadoPosted 10/3/2012 2:54:38 AM
Seriously. I don't know much about the two games but what would make DOA better than Tekken Tag 2?

Boobs used to be a big factor but now that they "toned down the sexiness" that no longer puts DOA ahead by default. ;)

So gameplay wise...what's better?
---
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like banana.
Yep, that tasted purple.
#2ayamhijauuuuuPosted 10/3/2012 2:56:40 AM
Sweat boobs
#3vivi2magicPosted 10/3/2012 2:56:41 AM
Apples or Oranges. You can't really objectively say which one is better. It's more of what you want out of a fighting game.
---
"You are no longer alive when you are dead."
#4Bradoshado(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:02:25 AM
vivi2magic posted...
Apples or Oranges. You can't really objectively say which one is better. It's more of what you want out of a fighting game.

Right but my novice eyes don't see any difference. All I see is two 3D fighters. So what are the differences in gameplay between the two?

I'm interested in grabbing one but I don't know which so I'm seeking more informed opinions.
---
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like banana.
Yep, that tasted purple.
#5Fenrir423Posted 10/3/2012 3:10:04 AM
This game is a lot more welcoming to people who haven't played before. It was the first DoA I played and I picked it up really fast. Tekken Tag 2, on the other hand... well, I haven't really played Tekken since the original Tag Tournament, but it was like having to learn how to walk all over again and I used to play the hell out of Tekken.
---
"The sun is a rock, dammit!"
#6DingKingPosted 10/3/2012 3:11:02 AM
If you're a fighting game fan you'll enjoy both. I got DOA 5 first simply because I was intrigued by it and I am happy with my purchase. Can't wait to get TTT 2 though.
---
Currently Playing:Dead or Alive 5, Warhammer 40,000:Space Marine, NiGHTS into Dreams HD(soon)
TECHNODROME:LET'S KICK SHELL PSN:DingKingDS
#7JMartinhoPosted 10/3/2012 3:26:52 AM
I still don't see where they "toned down the sexiness" as this is the most fan-service DOA game (excluding Xtreme series for obvious reasons) I've ever seen, thanks to nice graphics and other "mechanics". *coughwetandsweatcough*
---
360 Gamertag: xRuneXero
#8reptyle101Posted 10/3/2012 3:47:43 AM
I like DoA gameplay a lot more but I've never like Tekken's very much. Comparing them:

DoA is faster paced (probably the fastest 3D fighter)
Juggles don't work too well due the quick falling physics
Attacks that can hit you on the ground are limited and you get up again fast (compared to Tekken)
normal combos are escapable and as such don't last long (adding to the fast pace)
Wall combos are limited (only two wall hits can be in a combo)
Attacks flow into each other very well (especially compared to Tekken's slow and rather clunky combos)
There are a lot of attack and defense options (compared to Tekken's limited block-poke-juggle)

Are all reasons I like DoA more. Most of these could be turned around if you like the other side of them more (I know some people prefer the slower pace and Juggle focus of Tekken for example) but here are my opinions.

They are very different games overall.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#9Lacrymosa143Posted 10/3/2012 5:22:26 AM
reptyle101 posted...
I like DoA gameplay a lot more but I've never like Tekken's very much. Comparing them:

DoA is faster paced (probably the fastest 3D fighter)
Juggles don't work too well due the quick falling physics
Attacks that can hit you on the ground are limited and you get up again fast (compared to Tekken)
normal combos are escapable and as such don't last long (adding to the fast pace)
Wall combos are limited (only two wall hits can be in a combo)
Attacks flow into each other very well (especially compared to Tekken's slow and rather clunky combos)
There are a lot of attack and defense options (compared to Tekken's limited block-poke-juggle)

Are all reasons I like DoA more. Most of these could be turned around if you like the other side of them more (I know some people prefer the slower pace and Juggle focus of Tekken for example) but here are my opinions.

They are very different games overall.

I agree. Half the reason why i stopped with tekken after 3
#10Rydis-ShikoPosted 10/3/2012 5:34:27 AM
This game is newb friendly.. less complicated/ technical.. but more fast paced and better mix up game. Tkken has bigger move sets and cast..but that's because they have 2 punch and kick buttons.. we have one. However that honestly makes it needlessly more complicated the way hon is more then league of legends .

That being said..tekken still has less of a mixup then DOA...both have great play styles.. both require great practice for high level.. DOA easier lower level..I blame bounds in tekken for its limitations.. worst idea ever
---
If good things come to those who wait - arn't they just the leftovers of those who got there first?
There is not good or bad, just perspective and opinion.