The rap music...

#11Sputnick99Posted 10/4/2012 9:48:48 PM
Because most people these days aren't aware that there are other types of music in existence these days. I guess they just want to appeal to the general population who refuses to listen to anything different. It's not even music IMO.
#12DingKingPosted 10/4/2012 10:09:06 PM
Be thankful its not Shoryucan't from TvC
---
Currently Playing:Dead or Alive 5, Warhammer 40,000:Space Marine, NiGHTS into Dreams HD(soon)
TECHNODROME:LET'S KICK SHELL PSN:DingKingDS
#13AfroPrimePosted 10/4/2012 10:13:23 PM
I wouldn't mind it if Chosen1's song had some interesting lyrics.
---
LP LP -> LK HP
#14GhostOfOdinPosted 10/4/2012 10:36:03 PM
I hate it. I actually think this game would be pretty great with a hard rock and metal soundtrack, just because it would seem to fit. And no, that is not bias on music genre, as I don't think metal would suite Street Fighter, Soul Calibur or Tekken. Tekken = Techno, Soul Calibur=Rock-ish Classical and Street Fighter.... hmmm... not really sure
#15notrandomPosted 10/4/2012 11:27:33 PM
RUNNERSHIGH posted...
I've noticed a serious trend among gamers to hate the rap/hip hop genre.

I don't understand why. Personal taste is one thing, but it seems to be a pretty pervasive theme for the broad swathe.

Because most gamers are socially awkward or social out cast or just flat out nerds or emo.
Since most people happen to be one or many of the the above they in turn listen to any type of metal or rock. It might seem like a stereotype but believe me it's not.
---
Say no to EA and Ubisoft's online passes. Say no to Capcom and Activision's scummy DLC ways. Say no to NISA's terrible and unfaithful localizations.
#16xOmniCloudxPosted 10/4/2012 11:37:21 PM
TheRaging_Gamer posted...
Why is there rap music in this game? None of the other Dead Or Alive games had rap music. Its so out of place and annoying.

I said the same thing about Aerosmith and Excite Factory being featured on Dead or Alive soundtracks. It's a Japanese video game, what the hell are non-Japanese music artists doing in the game period? Rock music doesn't fit DOA either. Needs an ACTUAL video game soundtrack and Japanese sounds. Wait. What's this? NONE of that is true and all personal opinion? Team Ninja agrees hence why they choose the music they do. Well go figure...
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#17freshE39Posted 10/4/2012 11:41:14 PM
What they need to do is add some Kanye or Big Sean.

SWERVE.
---
PSN: PlzNoAutographs
#18OhhSnapPosted 10/4/2012 11:41:30 PM
DOA5 and TTT2 should switch soundtracks.
#19TheDarxHeroPosted 10/4/2012 11:50:16 PM
The horrible music wont prevent me from kicking someone's behind and that's all that matters. ^__^
---
Mugen Punch!
#20DegalonPosted 10/5/2012 12:15:56 AM
RUNNERSHIGH posted...
I've noticed a serious trend among gamers to hate the rap/hip hop genre.

I don't understand why. Personal taste is one thing, but it seems to be a pretty pervasive theme for the broad swathe.

Its not hate against rap, its

a) This series is known for aerosmith, rock, and techno. So hearing rap is like suddenly hearing Garth Brooks in Street Fighter 4. It's jarring and awkward.

b) This particular rap is freaking terrible.
---
GT: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa