Edge Kick Combo Triple

#1Team_NinjaPosted 10/9/2012 1:17:06 AM
I had 1 more move to complete Sarah's training. Unfortunately after spending 1+ hours on just that 1 move, I can officially confirm that Sarah's edge kick combo triple in command training is impossible. In flamingo stance, P2KKK. Sounds easy, but the last 2 kicks, especially the last 1 is impossible to pull off. I read around here that it requires timing because it deals with frames and whatnot. When I look at the demonstration, the 3 kicks are a very fast combo low mid high, yet it still requires timing? What timing? There is no time to time it. There's no pause of any sort. It's bang bang bang! I've only managed to get the 2nd kick in a handful of times, but the last 1 seems impossible.

I've already done Pai and Akira's training, and compared to Sarah's, they were pretty easy.

Anyone who says they've finished Sarah's training is an official liar.
#2JolteonPosted 10/9/2012 1:26:36 AM
If I recall correctly, you have to pause in between the first and second kicks. It's like P 2K, KK

It's something along those lines anyway. I'd help you out but I'm not at home right now. :/
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#3y3kmanPosted 10/9/2012 1:47:51 AM(edited)
Make sure to turn on the hit effect. That should aid you as a cue when to press the K button.

Flamingo Stance
P
press 2+K when the P hits
press K when 2+K hits
press K when the last K hits
---
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6997-7741
Currently playing: Torchlight 2, Dead or Alive 5
#4BoodendorfPosted 10/9/2012 2:46:35 AM
I got it pretty easily, there is a timing to it, you just gotta find it.
---
PSN ID: Boo-ZAWARUDO
MHTri ID : UT9LMJ EU Servers currently HR : 53+
#5alphagamblePosted 10/9/2012 4:16:48 AM
press kick when she screams and it will connect every time

most importantly don't mash kick, only press it three times
---
"Pretty sure we have incest laws so we don't have babies with dicks growing out of their armpits running around everywhere.."
#6Team_Ninja(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2012 6:02:54 AM
lol

Why do you guys lie so much? None of you were able to do it! Lies! All lies!

Jolteon posted...
If I recall correctly, you have to pause in between the first and second kicks. It's like P 2K, KK

It's something along those lines anyway. I'd help you out but I'm not at home right now. :/

Are you suggesting that the 3 kicks are kind of like, bang....bang bang? I landed the 2nd kick a handful of times after I noticed that it would occassionally land if I pause a bit. Very inconsistent, but at least it would land occassionally, giving me a chance. But like I said, I was never able to connect the 3rd and final kick.

Can someone else confirm if it's bang....bang bang? I might try it out later today when I get home. I'm definitely going to start with this particular move first before I proceed to do the rest. I ain't making the same mistake again having done 111/112 before quitting. It's a damn shame that command training can't be saved.
#7JolteonPosted 10/9/2012 6:29:27 AM(edited)
Heck, I'm at home now, I might as well fire it up and check.

Edit: Ok I wasn't totally right. But yeah you basically stagger the kicks. P2K (TINY PAUSE) K (TINY PAUSE) K. It can even come out much slower than the demonstration (and still count) once you're used to the timing, so if you can consistently connect the second kick, just use that same timing for the third. As soon as the first kick hits, pause VERY briefly then kick again, pause again for the same VERY brief amount of time, and then connect the final kick. The first kick (2K) should be almost immediately after P though.

Best of luck!
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#8alphagamblePosted 10/9/2012 6:33:41 AM
Team_Ninja posted...
Are you suggesting that the 3 kicks are kind of like, bang....bang bang? I landed the 2nd kick a handful of times after I noticed that it would occassionally land if I pause a bit. Very inconsistent, but at least it would land occassionally, giving me a chance. But like I said, I was never able to connect the 3rd and final kick.

Can someone else confirm if it's bang....bang bang? I might try it out later today when I get home. I'm definitely going to start with this particular move first before I proceed to do the rest. I ain't making the same mistake again having done 111/112 before quitting. It's a damn shame that command training can't be saved.

Joltoen is both right and wrong. you can do it with a steady timing between the kicks or as Jolteon suggested one kick followed by two quick kicks.

The computer video shows the move done very fast but there is no need to press it so quickly a longer pause in between the kicks will still give you the same results.

Try to listen for Sarah's yell and press kick the next kick as she shouts
---
"Pretty sure we have incest laws so we don't have babies with dicks growing out of their armpits running around everywhere.."
#9Team_Ninja(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2012 5:36:19 AM
Aight so I was able to complete it last night. Then I proceeded to the cookie jar and awarded myself a cookie. I'm never touching Sarah again though........unless I need her critical burst, power blow, cliffhangers, for cheap titles to unlock Alpha. I'll leave her last to see if I'm able to get to 300 without her or not. She really left a bad taste in my mouth. Go back to Virtua Fighter (you know what)!!!!
#10Orlandu25Posted 10/10/2012 1:01:00 PM
Wow, I was having this same trouble. I'll try it again later...