New DLC is out (in Japan)

#31pkmastah15Posted 11/27/2012 1:06:17 AM
TantrumBull posted...

Dream on. Next pack is Christmas theme (which I'm going to guess all the girls will be getting a costume while the guys get zero).

After that maybe 1 or 2 more. Or maybe even none. Either way, expect more costume and palette swaps.
#32GeneReaverPosted 11/27/2012 1:11:14 AM
AlphaPatroklos posted...

9. and some other costumes ....

What does that mean?
---
PostCount++
#33pirajacintoPosted 11/27/2012 1:19:39 AM
Actually, not that bad! Compared to the past few releases, this time at least half of them are something I'm interested in. Eillot, Bass, and Jane Lee got some great outfits. Sure their just suits, but they still look great.

But totally agree on some of them being really lazy. Not so much for outfits from past games (as they have to remodel them so it's not so much just copy and pasting), but a black Kasumi bunny outfit? AND a paid colored version of a free, no TWO free dlc outfits? Are they..really serious about that? Blah, whatever.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena
#34GeneReaverPosted 11/27/2012 1:21:35 AM
pirajacinto posted...
Actually, not that bad! Compared to the past few releases, this time at least half of them are something I'm interested in. Eillot, Bass, and Jane Lee got some great outfits. Sure their just suits, but they still look great.

But totally agree on some of them being really lazy. Not so much for outfits from past games (as they have to remodel them so it's not so much just copy and pasting), but a black Kasumi bunny outfit? AND a paid colored version of a free, no TWO free dlc outfits? Are they..really serious about that? Blah, whatever.

They're pretty much all lazy. Either costume swaps or costumes pulled from previous games (yes they have to remodel, but they don't have to redesign).

And no Bayman yet!
---
PostCount++
#35pirajacintoPosted 11/27/2012 1:42:21 AM(edited)
I still wouldn't call remodeling lazy...alot of us were hoping for returnable outfits, such as how there is a joy for Christie's stripper outfit, and if anything I think this is more of an outcry for lack of sexy outfits.

Personally, I don't mind returning outfits, just as long as their actually good outfits. I hate Hitomi's DLC dress outfit thing from DOA4 (or looks like it's from it) myself, but in return I love Hitomi's school girl outfit so I'm glad they brought that back.

For me, it's like the dlc outfits for Street Fighter 4. Sure they were original, but most of them were TERRIBLE. In fact, the only Chun-li outfit I liked was when she got, finally, her Alpha outfit, which was the DLC outfit I wanted all this time for that game.

Edit: Oh, and I should say that, I actually do hate alot of the DLC outfits. Most of which I still won't pay for right now, I just don't like the idea of remodeling being lazy.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena
#36FormanPosted 11/27/2012 1:56:40 AM
OhhSnap posted...
DarkPriest posted...
ResidentGear31 posted...
DarkPriest posted...
Aaaaaaaaand TN continues to put zero effort into these and just copy/pastes/and changes colors and expects full price for it. Stay classy

So dont buy them.

$15 to me is like pennies in the street.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" I believe the saying goes?

So true. Sadly, blinded by their own pathetic arrogance, these people always end up having to learn the hard way. Can't do much but pity them really.

The true arrogance here is believing that you've any right at all to say how someone else spends their money.

A fool and his keyboard soon publicly whine about others doing what they like.
---
'I usually quite like women, but this advert makes me want to kill about 900 of them with my bare hands.' - Charlie Brooker.
#371111qqPosted 11/27/2012 3:26:23 AM
why am i not even a bit surprised. they did exactly what i said they would
old suits - christie DOA4 C4 with sleeves instead of gloves and no boot change (shame on TN)
bard wong , jan lee and bass all wear slightly (like 5% change max) altered versions of
old costumes they had from various DOA titles.
color swaps . kasumi black bunny , genfu white china suit and golden zack-teletubbie (very lazy of them)
char swaps - mila in bass biker , lei fang in same dress as mila and hitomi got, eliot got same as rig did and in itself is an altered version of jan lee waiter.
helena in leifangs dress only white colored.
and the only thing i call not exactly new but still more modified than anything is
tina in a teacher variation of lisa's lab outfit all and all nothing new .
well 2 more weeks till x-mas pack.
---
Windows has detected that you are using a Microsoft product and is forced to shutdown
#38soujiro_junhuaPosted 11/27/2012 3:49:21 AM
You know...sometime I wish TN could make the dlc into female and male packs.

I really don't want the male costumes. >_>
I always end up buying all the packs bcz it's mix together. >:I
---
PSN - JUNHUA / XBL - TCH soujiro *Only use female characters*
SSF4-Sakura / Blazblue-Litchi / TTT2&SFxTK-Xiaoyu&Asuka / DOA-Ayane
#39JillVPosted 11/27/2012 4:36:10 AM
Too bad the US PSN doesn't get updated until 6:00 pm eastern time or 9:00 pm sometimes at the latest.
#40G_gglypuffPosted 11/27/2012 4:49:26 AM
Only good thing about these packs is that at least one of them (the China pack) is filled with recolors (and wardrobe borrows), so you could actually save some money by not buying that (unless you play as Helena, then I could see the point).

Of course, you save more money by not buying anything at all until there's a price drop.

TantrumBull posted...
Outfits I'd like to see again:

Ryu: his c2 from xbox DoA2, the NG1 and 2 versions of his black falcon and the blue skin curse from NG1.

Helena: her c2 from DoA2, her c12 from xbox DoA2 and her c5 from DoA4.

Kasumi: her c8 and 17 from xbox DoA2 and her c7 from DoA4.

Ayane: her c2 from DC DoA2, and from xbox DoA2 her c6, 7 and 17.

Tina: From xbox DoA2 her c2, 7 and 15.

Bass: his Hulk Hogan look from xbox DoA2

Hitomi: her c9 and 13 from DoA2

Kokoro: her c7 from DoA4.

Lei Fang: her c18 and 20 from xbox DoA2.

First time I see you having these fan wishes.