Board dying already?

#21gokumadara1313Posted 11/29/2012 8:09:12 AM
wave1000 posted...
Maybe it will pick up with talks of The Korean back dashing going on once its used in a major tournament or someone gets blown up online by this when people master it.

What's Korean backdashing wave?
---
We have an uncanny, proclivity to long for relief from an arduous life. While we forget that existence in it's entirety, may be, what truly cannot be escaped.
#22StarBladeEdgePosted 11/29/2012 9:38:49 AM
see sig
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw&feature=fvwrel Proud user of the korean sackflash move in ttt2 !
#23xOmniCloudx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2012 11:11:17 AM(edited)
The online netcode for DOA5 has been fine for me. I get flawless matches constantly. The problem is the online structure and bugs they need to work out. I knew the community was small compared to major fighter sbut even more tight knit and smaller communities have FAR more dedicated fanbases. Even the dedicated fansite, FreeStepDodge, is missing so much information and it is formatted horribly. I nicely brought some of the site layout issues up and how ultimately unlike a dedicated fighting game sites like TekkenZaibatsu, their handling of where to go and where to find information was terrible. It doesn't have a set up designed to have a new player find the info they need. Wiki isn't updated, no specific game details, no sticky for the basics and overall mechanics of the game. No proper general DOA5 gameplay board. It's just a mess.

Meanwhile go to TZ and it's all there, where it needs to be and can be found in vast quantities in a matter of seconds. Community is too tight knit and unwelcoming to newcomers when it comes to them finding what they need. They should haven't to ask a question for EVERY little thing. But apparently, if you look and don't find the info since it's not where it should be, they'll call you lazy just because you're new... And this is why it will stay small and not have a chance to grow. A shame since I am enjoying the game. But both TN and the dedicated community have failed to properly branch out to the bigger market.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#24EmiliaTheSagePosted 11/29/2012 8:38:50 PM
xOmniCloudx posted...
Meanwhile go to TZ and it's all there, where it needs to be and can be found in vast quantities in a matter of seconds. Community is too tight knit and unwelcoming to newcomers when it comes to them finding what they need. They should haven't to ask a question for EVERY little thing. But apparently, if you look and don't find the info since it's not where it should be, they'll call you lazy just because you're new... And this is why it will stay small and not have a chance to grow. A shame since I am enjoying the game. But both TN and the dedicated community have failed to properly branch out to the bigger market.

Yeah, people from Shoryuken forums and TekkenZaibatsu forums are unwelcoming to new players. That's why I stay here in gamefaqs. We share alot of our customization pics in TZ though.
---
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/ps3/EmiliaTheSage/
Women shouldn't stay in the kitchen and make sandwiches. We should join the "Battlefield."
#25_tanjil_Posted 11/30/2012 12:55:06 AM
someone mentioned youtube... yeah you can see where the DOA's mind is at. There are more gallery type videos then there are gameplay videos =S Even a game that allows huge level of perviness like soul calibur 5 has a good balance between gameplay footage and people posting sexy costumes...rather its usually themed costumes
#26wave1000Posted 11/30/2012 3:20:39 AM
it originated in Tekken tag tournament and has been in almost every tekken since. Its the ability to dash back while blocking this is great for whiff punishing attacks while staying mostly safe. It was first done by korean plays thats why its called KBD. It has been found out the DOA5 as a version of this but more broken and mostly the new characters have the best. There are talks on is this good new tech or will TN patch it out.

Same talkes happend with tekken but the devs left it in. This is not a unaversal move like tekken so they may patch it out. So its kind of iffy now but people are using it too win.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#27wave1000Posted 11/30/2012 3:35:47 AM
xOmniCloudx posted...
The online netcode for DOA5 has been fine for me. I get flawless matches constantly. The problem is the online structure and bugs they need to work out. I knew the community was small compared to major fighter sbut even more tight knit and smaller communities have FAR more dedicated fanbases. Even the dedicated fansite, FreeStepDodge, is missing so much information and it is formatted horribly. I nicely brought some of the site layout issues up and how ultimately unlike a dedicated fighting game sites like TekkenZaibatsu, their handling of where to go and where to find information was terrible. It doesn't have a set up designed to have a new player find the info they need. Wiki isn't updated, no specific game details, no sticky for the basics and overall mechanics of the game. No proper general DOA5 gameplay board. It's just a mess.

I feel the same while I don't hate the sites I don't join because the spilt of fans from players.

why is there a DOA world and a FSD? why is there TZ and Tekken Nation? they all should come together but each have there own views and the more elite look down the the casual and thats just wrong thats why im still at GAme Faq there should be no split in the community thats what threads are for if you don't like the topic don't enter but don't look down on others for what you may think is not elite level thinking. If they came together both sites would have the people they need to fix the problems and have a friendly enviroment. when all you do on the site is talk about tech no one will join. you have to get people at the fan level first then let them work there way up.

At the end of the day it is a game and everyone should be in it for fun.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#28wolf riderPosted 11/30/2012 5:53:44 AM
xOmniCloudx posted...
The online netcode for DOA5 has been fine for me.

Depends on where you live. I live in Australia and the online is dead. If I'm lucky, I'll get to fight one guy the whole night on three or four bars. If I'm unlucky, I won't find anyone on ranked, simple or via throwdowns.

I even started a thread a while back looking for fellow Aussies to play with. They've all dropped the game. Many of them were new to the series as well, so they definitely weren't prejudiced due to previous DoA games and were willing to give this game a chance.

Tbh, if the next patch (whenever it comes) doesn't improve the online I'll probably drop it as well.
---
Capcom. Square-Enix. Bioware. Blizzard.
There was a time when these companies were spoken of with respect and admiration.
#29xOmniCloudx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 6:03:42 AM
wave1000 posted...
it originated in Tekken tag tournament and has been in almost every tekken since. Its the ability to dash back while blocking this is great for whiff punishing attacks while staying mostly safe. It was first done by korean plays thats why its called KBD. It has been found out the DOA5 as a version of this but more broken and mostly the new characters have the best. There are talks on is this good new tech or will TN patch it out.

Same talkes happend with tekken but the devs left it in. This is not a unaversal move like tekken so they may patch it out. So its kind of iffy now but people are using it too win.

Mila's and the VF characters backdash is insane. Saw some player using Mila's Korean BDC to amazing effect in a tourney. Gives him so much room to breathe and eliminates wake up game possibilities for the opponent entirely.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#30monkeypahngPosted 11/30/2012 6:21:01 AM
xOmniCloudx posted...
Mila's and the VF characters backdash is insane. Saw some player using Mila's Korean BDC to amazing effect in a tourney. Gives him so much room to breathe and eliminates wake up game possibilities for the opponent entirely.

Just watched a youtube video of the BDC. I learn something new everyday :)

Then again it's not like some characters don't already have moves that can eliminate wake-up games anyway.

I probably need to go watch some footage of it being use in a real fight though.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang