How is the Gameplay?

#1Dlite83Posted 12/7/2012 3:45:15 PM
I want to get this game, and I was thinking about trying to get into using Akira, Eliot and Gen Fu...The gameplay almost reminds me of Virtua Fighter...but I heard that Dead or Alive 4 was a joke among fighting fans (no tournaments etc..) But the add for this game was "I'm a Fighter" Anyways how is this game??
#2jhaze2Posted 12/7/2012 5:18:26 PM
One of the best fighters I've ever played
#3YoshioKSTPosted 12/7/2012 5:49:28 PM
Short answer: Excellent.
---
' Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.' - Sun Tzu
#4monkeypahngPosted 12/7/2012 5:57:10 PM
jhaze2 posted...
One of the best fighters I've ever played

---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#5yjyjPosted 12/7/2012 6:50:30 PM
Its not very competitive online. The gameplay is good but you have to know that in higher level of gameplay is only about guessinh game like rock paper scissors
---
3DS FC: 0430-8332-5944 YaNJuN
PSN: pohyj88
#6SpaceXoDDityPosted 12/7/2012 6:54:09 PM
Speed-wise: Slower than DOA4, faster than DOAU.
And I prefer them both to this game honestly, but it's still an excellent fighting game.
#7EmiliaTheSagePosted 12/8/2012 12:10:12 AM
DOA 5 is definitely the best among the series. Team Ninja fully utilized the consoles' capabilities by enhancing the character renders. Furthermore, Power Blows were added to the gameplay to allow players make a comeback and turn the tables against their opponent. You can now choose Easy difficulty when playing against the AI which was non-existent in DOA 4. But in harder difficulties, the AI still abuse the hold system with its input reading mechanics.

The only drawback in this game is content which contains only a few unlockable costumes and still lacks customization.
---
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/ps3/EmiliaTheSage/
Women shouldn't stay in the kitchen and make sandwiches. We should join the "Battlefield."
#8z827Posted 12/8/2012 4:17:54 AM
Well , comparing it to other fighter series it definitely is different.
The defense mechanics allows you to have a "comeback" as long as you are still standing - you wouldn't be helplessly juggled like a ball if you manage to counter your foes whilst their whacking you on your feet.

The game is also slightly less about combos and more about relying on your reflexes.

If you're... uhh... broad-minded enough to accept the semi-realistic boob physics then yeah , it's one of the best fighters I've played in a while. ( Along with stuff like Melty Blood and Unlimited Codes )
#9monkeypahngPosted 12/8/2012 8:51:24 AM
z827 posted...
Well , comparing it to other fighter series it definitely is different.
The defense mechanics allows you to have a "comeback" as long as you are still standing - you wouldn't be helplessly juggled like a ball if you manage to counter your foes whilst their whacking you on your feet.

The game is also slightly less about combos and more about relying on your reflexes.

If you're... uhh... broad-minded enough to accept the semi-realistic boob physics then yeah , it's one of the best fighters I've played in a while. ( Along with stuff like Melty Blood and Unlimited Codes )

Pretty much this.

It's about reading your opponent, adapting and mixing it up. There's still some focus on combos, but it's not like other traditional fighting games where you can just remember one standard bnb and constantly get away with it.

Whilst just to elaborate the parry/hold mechanic only works as long as you aren't hit into the air, critical burst'd or have your back turned.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#10grap3fruitmanPosted 12/8/2012 12:06:16 PM
It's just a fraction more tolerable than DOA4 but still terrible.

If you're into 3D fighters then you should be looking at Soulcalibur V, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown. Those are all solid, respectable games.