I know some people don't like the VF characters...

#1mansell92Posted 2/1/2013 8:21:34 AM
but TN should give them their other 2 default costumes from VF5 FS as DLC seeing as they've got the licence from Sega to do that, always liked Sarah in her little red top with the daisy dukes and cowgirl boots.
#21111qqPosted 2/1/2013 3:52:06 PM
they can have DLC when they make more sense and be more DOA like.
---
Windows has detected that you are using a Microsoft product and is forced to shutdown
#3mansell92(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:15:08 PM
1111qq posted...
they can have DLC when they make more sense and be more DOA like.

Well they're guest characters because DOA was inspired by VF in the first place, controls are pretty much the same apart from the counter system in DOA.
#41111qqPosted 2/2/2013 6:44:31 AM
So they all say, while most fighting games have the same basics overall,
the only thing obviously DOA shared with VF is that
VF2 and DOA used the same SEGA core engine.
i only seen much talk about this since DOA5 has VF guest chars,
before that i have never seen this fact mentioned anywhere.
also if it was the case and there was a noticable similarity how come i like playing DOA
but i cant even have fun for mere 5min playing any VF game.
i would have also expect SEGA and TN make a collaboration much sooner or have some
recognition from TN towards SEGA for being inspired by VF to make DOA.
It seems so unsubstantiated, unless i see anything said by either Shimobori or Itakagi
stating that then no sir i find it extremely hard to believe DOA was inspired by VF.
---
Windows has detected that you are using a Microsoft product and is forced to shutdown
#5BurningFlareXPosted 2/2/2013 7:11:09 AM
Well, I guess **** weren't so easy to do back then, so they could have used the same engine in the past games, even though they still altered it. Also, as 1111qq said, fighters have the same basics, so you can't make something completely different. DOA has Danger Zones, Holds and all that BS for itself. And as far as I know, none of the fighters have stage interaction like DOA. Also, DOA5 has another thing that makes it different from other fighters: COSTUME VARIETY SUCKS!
---
<Insert random pointless signature here>
#61111qqPosted 2/2/2013 8:09:51 AM
DOA1 and DOA:U had alot of costumes but most of them were recolors of one another.
DOA1 had even several 3 and 4 recolors of same one,
after that only the infamous Leifang dress had more than 1 recolor (for the same char)
---
#7BillbertGundamPosted 2/2/2013 6:08:09 PM
1111qq posted...
So they all say, while most fighting games have the same basics overall,
the only thing obviously DOA shared with VF is that
VF2 and DOA used the same SEGA core engine.

Not only that. Both games have similarity in P, K, G (H in DoA) button. Punch/Kick beats throw, throw beats guard/counter, guard/counter beats punch/kick. The basic concept is similar. I don't think you'll find that in Tekken or any other fighter.

But yeah, both games eventually grow into different thing. I like both, but VF is still the better game IMO.
---
Gundam Extreme Versus, my favorite fighting game ever. That's right, FIGHTING game.
#81111qqPosted 2/3/2013 2:00:46 AM
Because no other fighting games uses block vs strikes, strikes vs grabs and grabs vs blocks.
It is SO innovating now is it, NOT.
---