Why are they trying to make Zack look weak in this game?

#1DegalonPosted 2/7/2013 12:47:02 AM
I mean..he WON at least two of the past tournaments, and I think he ALWAYS placed as a finalist.

As in, he's a damn better fighter than most of the cast. He's just eccentric.

But they try to make him the laughably weak comedy relief goofball in this game, but it just doesn't work because we've SEEN him in past games, and he whoops a LOT of ass.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#21111qqPosted 2/7/2013 2:00:14 AM
ask Bin Shimada maybe he likes his chars that way.
just like Ryusei Nakao likes his chars with purple and while weird like colors on them
---
Windows has detected that you are using a Microsoft product and is forced to shutdown
#3Vegeta2517Posted 2/7/2013 5:14:50 AM
Japanese Stepin Fetchit stereotype. Zack's always seemed like a goof, but it's grossly exaggerated in this game, from the stupid moonwalk entrance to his bumbling manservant antics in the story mode.
---
I am Schtoltenheim Reinbach III.
#4Lacrymosa143Posted 2/7/2013 5:25:11 AM
Kasumi won the first. Ryu won the 2nd. Ayane won the 3rd. Helena won the 4th (zack saved her from a burning building with a helicopter, but Helena did the winning). None of the ninjas participated though. Jannlee won the 5th. But he lost to rig, who didnt participate, and was beaten by the ninjas, who also didnt participate. Helena didnt participate either. So Zack didnt really win any of the tournaments.
#5pkmastah15Posted 2/7/2013 5:32:21 AM(edited)
Degalon posted...
I mean..he WON at least two of the past tournaments, and I think he ALWAYS placed as a finalist.

Wut....?

Lacrymosa143 posted...
Kasumi won the first. Ryu won the 2nd. Ayane won the 3rd. Helena won the 4th (zack saved her from a burning building with a helicopter, but Helena did the winning). None of the ninjas participated though. Jannlee won the 5th. But he lost to rig, who didnt participate, and was beaten by the ninjas, who also didnt participate. Helena didnt participate either. So Zack didnt really win any of the tournaments.

At least one person paid attention to the story.
#6echa_OnePosted 2/7/2013 5:51:33 AM
That's how Japanese people view black people as. Many Japanese shows that feature black people portray them... like Zack (comedy relief, etc). Dunno why.
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#7BurningFlareXPosted 2/7/2013 5:57:20 AM
echa_One posted...
That's how Japanese people view black people as. Many Japanese shows that feature black people portray them... like Zack (comedy relief, etc). Dunno why.

What about Lisa??
---
<Insert random pointless signature here>
#8echa_OnePosted 2/7/2013 6:01:28 AM
Ah, it just happens those shows introduce males. That's a good question, though. I've never seen how they portray a female black person.
---
There is a board for RPG, you know:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/220-rpgs-everything-else
#9Lacrymosa143Posted 2/7/2013 9:31:19 AM(edited)
echa_One posted...

There arent many foreigners in japan, compared to USA were nearly everyone is foreign. The natives are almost extinct. But even though most people in USA are foreign, the media mostly portrays white people. Now who sounds messed up?

And even though black people stereotypes might be played up in japanese media, at least in the video games i play they tend to be good morale people. And tend to be the most human of the cast. Not in doa though.
#10Degalon(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:36:43 AM
Lacrymosa143 posted...

I know that Zack officially won the 3rd DOA because Ayane backed out after beating Genra without actually claiming victory of the tournament, so it went to the runner up, Zack.

Coulda sworn he officially won another, as well...
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa