Character Speeds?

#1Kenn66Posted 2/7/2013 6:57:03 PM
I haven't been able to play this game yet, ( Gamefly is taken a very long time to ship this out) but I have been watching some videos of online matches on Youtube. Now I've noticed thus far from all the matches I seen, that the majority of people play with fast or medium speed characters and the people that do pick the slower characters always tend to lose the match. So are slow characters even worth picking? Does anybody who play with slow character have to put more effort and strategy when they play with them? What are the pros and cons with fast, medium and slow characters?
#2tee316Posted 2/7/2013 7:10:31 PM
Bayman is deadly online with a good player.
---
http://img.imgcake.com/Cheapone/miriajpgny.jpg
#3yjyjPosted 2/7/2013 7:12:32 PM
Kenn66 posted...
I haven't been able to play this game yet, ( Gamefly is taken a very long time to ship this out) but I have been watching some videos of online matches on Youtube. Now I've noticed thus far from all the matches I seen, that the majority of people play with fast or medium speed characters and the people that do pick the slower characters always tend to lose the match. So are slow characters even worth picking? Does anybody who play with slow character have to put more effort and strategy when they play with them? What are the pros and cons with fast, medium and slow characters?

nope..atk speed only matter because of abusing them online due to lag. i play 'slow' character too and have no problem dealing with 'fast' character. its about your reaction to those atks. different ppl have different playstyle, so you can't judge from character speed.:)
---
3DS FC: 0430-8332-5944 YaNJuN
PSN: pohyj88
#4Kenn66(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:21:11 PM
yjyj posted...

nope..atk speed only matter because of abusing them online due to lag. i play 'slow' character too and have no problem dealing with 'fast' character. its about your reaction to those atks. different ppl have different playstyle, so you can't judge from character speed.:)

Oh okay thanks, what's your psn ID once I get this and practice I will be challenging you.....and everyone else
#5yjyjPosted 2/7/2013 9:54:45 PM
Kenn66 posted...
yjyj posted...

Oh okay thanks, what's your psn ID once I get this and practice I will be challenging you.....and everyone else

My psn is below
---
3DS FC: 0430-8332-5944 YaNJuN
PSN: pohyj88
#6YoshioKSTPosted 2/7/2013 11:07:04 PM
Well, I can think of at least one slow character with a key advantage:
He's just too...damn....STROOOOOONG!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy-hI6dByJE&feature=channel&list=UL

As you can see, they're quite viable.
---
' Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.' - Sun Tzu
#7Kenn66(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:24:10 AM
YoshioKST posted...

Thanks for the link, I read about Bass profile earlier today. So far my favorite back story for the characters is that Ayane character.
#8BurningFlareXPosted 2/8/2013 2:35:54 AM
Kenn66 posted...
YoshioKST posted...

Thanks for the link, I read about Bass profile earlier today. So far my favorite back story for the characters is that Ayane character.

I suggest checking out Ryu Hayabusa if you don't know him.
---
<Insert random pointless signature here>
#9YoshioKSTPosted 2/8/2013 2:42:31 AM
You're welcome. You might want to check out DoA: Dimensions on youtube, its Chronicle mode is basically a reworking of the entire DoA story up to 4. Very entertaining and good looking, even if the graphics and animation can't hold a candle to DoA5.
---
' Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.' - Sun Tzu