Trying to decide if I should get DOA5+

#1The_DARK_FoXPosted 3/13/2013 8:25:52 PM
Alright, so I've always loved DOA (my cousins and I played the crap out of 3 and 4), and I even preordered the collectors edition from Gamestop for 5. However, I don't play that much anymore. I do play it still, with friends on a casual level.

I also don't know anyone who plays this game. I'm the only fighting game player left in my area (the others moved on with their lives) and online is all I have. I absolutely detested the online after first patch. I really wanted to get good at this game, but I feel like there's WAY too much guessing involved for me to truly take the game seriously, or even play properly online a la UMvC3. I do realize though that the game has different rules from what 2D has taught me, so I can learn over time. By buying plus, I can practice on the go and take it online when I get home from school or get a solid network connection.

So the question remains: Is it worth the effort getting back into this game?
---
I was once a scuba diver in a sea of words, now I zip along the surface like a guy on a jet ski. - Nicholas Carr
PSN: ChaosxPaladin
#2GlLGAMESHPosted 3/13/2013 9:32:22 PM
I'd say if you want it to be able to play multiplayer, there are better fighters out there. I like DOA not because I am a fan of fighters, but because I am a fan of boobs. The whole fighting thing is just a fun little bonus.
#31111qqPosted 3/14/2013 1:51:26 AM
eh? weren't you a fan of feet?
---
Windows has detected that you are using a Microsoft product and is forced to shutdown.
P.S. I miss freedom of speech
#4The_DARK_FoX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 3:45:13 PM
I appreciate the characters as much as the next guy, but to me the deadliness of the females is where I find them most attractive :)

In all seriousness though, I really don't know whether or not to get back into the game.
---
I was once a scuba diver in a sea of words, now I zip along the surface like a guy on a jet ski. - Nicholas Carr
#5DefaultUserNamePosted 3/14/2013 7:10:06 PM
I've just recently made the decision to get this game soon. My thought process: "It's 30 bucks, who cares if I hate it."
---
I suck at most games, so please don't hate.
#6The_DARK_FoX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 7:26:19 PM
DefaultUserName posted...
I've just recently made the decision to get this game soon. My thought process: "It's 30 bucks, who cares if I hate it."

...That's actually a very good point. Alright, I'll get the game lol.
---
#7Ding6Posted 3/16/2013 4:11:02 PM
The selling point here is the offline multiplayer...
Do you want to play with friends in your home or online?

And I do love the combat in DoA5, it's violent and ruthless, the game has the best stages I've ever seen in a fighter (because of the various cool interactions).

The gameplay feels fine for newbs and rewarding for masters.

I bought it for PS3 to make small tournaments with friends... it's just awesome...
---
My Gaming Wallpapers -- http://biodio.deviantart.com/
My Rapelay Episodes Webseries (Hentai) -- http://primus-prime-time.deviantart.com/
#8The_DARK_FoX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 4:24:43 PM
Yeah I know. I have the collectors edition for PS3, but I fell out of it when I found out the online wasn't that good. Still, I'm willing to pick up the game again.
---
#9DeeNinjaaPosted 3/16/2013 5:18:49 PM
The_DARK_FoX posted...
Yeah I know. I have the collectors edition for PS3, but I fell out of it when I found out the online wasn't that good. Still, I'm willing to pick up the game again.

The DOA5+ version actually has a fully blown tutorial mode. It teaches you every single thing about DOA5. Everything.
#10The_DARK_FoX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 6:25:23 PM
I already ordered the game (the game hasn't been released yet in Canada sadly) so I'm looking forward to that tutorial mode. The mind games in this game are something else, seriously.
---