so people who have DOA 5 will have to buy another disc or can we dl as dlc?

#1yahya_no_1Posted 5/9/2013 4:30:20 PM
So are we getting a chance to get it via DLC for people who actually supported the game with full price or are they pulling a Capcom? Coz I would drop support in a heart beat
---
PSN:yahyano1
#2istuffedsunnyPosted 5/9/2013 6:27:00 PM
If you already spent like $200 on DOA5 what's another $40 :P

I say this because NG3RE wasn't DLC, and DOA5U isn't a simple patch. They're adding a crapton of stuff that's yet to be revealed
---
I have a radio in my car.
#3yahya_no_1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 6:49:23 PM
istuffedsunny posted...

I say this because NG3RE wasn't DLC, and DOA5U isn't a simple patch. They're adding a crapton of stuff that's yet to be revealed

I am not buying another disc based game that renders the one I got useless, if this is the route they chose to take they lost alot of fans who wanted to support their "NO DLC characters as it not fair for players balance" so called attuide they advertised with.

Their next move might be their last
---
PSN:yahyano1
#4finalfantasy94Posted 5/9/2013 7:01:44 PM
istuffedsunny posted...

Its just all the costumes from DOA5 and some new characters and stages. This should be dlc no question. Now its just a question if they will follow capcoms retarted way of doing it or do it the smart way like other fighters have done it like NRS for example. Its thier move hopefully they will do the smart one and dont F everyone over.
#5pkmastah15Posted 5/9/2013 7:35:09 PM(edited)
yahya_no_1 posted...

Oh ****. You scary. Oh noes, yahya_no_1 is threatening TN. Oh the horror.

finalfantasy94 posted...
Its just all the costumes from DOA5 and some new characters and stages. This should be dlc no question. Now its just a question if they will follow capcoms retarted way of doing it or do it the smart way like other fighters have done it like NRS for example. Its thier move hopefully they will do the smart one and dont F everyone over.

It's not just new costumes and character. Go watch the trailer and you can see Kasumi has a new move in her 66KK string. There is going to be gameplay changes too most likely. Not to mention other features that is being ported from DOA5+ like custom music and more training option.

Oh yeah, you guys don't really play this game. Only care about aesthetics like costume and character though so what do you know. People are *****ing about DOA5 having too much DLC and now you want this ALL these new contents for DLC?

You kiddies just can't be satisfied can you? Seriously, if this was all announced individually as DLC and weren't free, next you would be *****ing about how it should be free instead.
#6JinteisamaPosted 5/9/2013 7:35:01 PM
I'll buy another disc only because I didn't buy any of the DLC at all...
---
http://i.imgur.com/kYq0k.png
#7finalfantasy94Posted 5/9/2013 7:47:28 PM
pkmastah15 posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...

Oh ****. You scary. Oh noes, yahya_no_1 is threatening TN. Oh the horror.

finalfantasy94 posted...

It's not just new costumes and character. Go watch the trailer and you can see Kasumi has a new move in her 66KK string. There is going to be gameplay changes too most likely. Not to mention other features that is being ported from DOA5+ like custom music and more training option.

Oh yeah, you guys don't really play this game. Only care about aesthetics like costume and character though so what do you know. People are *****ing about DOA5 having too much DLC and now you want this ALL these new contents for DLC?

You kiddies just can't be satisfied can you? Seriously, if this was all announced individually as DLC and weren't free, next you would be *****ing about how it should be free instead.

Other games have had dlc characters these characters have new moves those games didint have to re release an entire game to have that in it. Heck that giant patch Blazeblue got basicly changed the entier play style of characters and guess what noone had to buy another version of it to see it.There is such thing as blindly defending something and thanks for being that prime example. If they go this route this is them going the capcom route basicly the retarted route.
#8pkmastah15Posted 5/9/2013 8:14:23 PM(edited)
But like I said, it's not JUST gameplay changes. It's a lot of changes involving costumes, new characters, gameplay changes, new stages. That's a LOT for just a DLC patch. Blazblue didn't make just patches and a lot of the new characters came out for its sequel which were all standalone discs. DOA5U isn't a sequel, but it's not someting simple that can be done with couple patches and DLC.

I don't know how much money you wasted on DLC, but why don't you just tell TN how you're pissed. I don't know why you're whining and moaning here when most of us don't care. And is this like the first time you saw fighters being updated? Blueblue gets updated constantly, Mortal Kombat did the whole Komplete Edition, and we all know how Capcom loves to make new versions.

Welcome to fighting games...and the 21st century where DLC is sucking the life out of everything.
#9finalfantasy94Posted 5/9/2013 8:31:44 PM
pkmastah15 posted...
But like I said, it's not JUST gameplay changes. It's a lot of changes involving costumes, new characters, gameplay changes, new stages. That's a LOT for just a DLC patch. Blazblue didn't make just patches and a lot of the new characters came out for its sequel which were all standalone discs. DOA5U isn't a sequel, but it's not someting simple that can be done with couple patches and DLC.

I don't know how much money you wasted on DLC, but why don't you just tell TN how you're pissed. I don't know why you're whining and moaning here when most of us don't care. And is this like the first time you saw fighters being updated? Blueblue gets updated constantly, Mortal Kombat did the whole Komplete Edition, and we all know how Capcom loves to make new versions.

Welcome to fighting games...and the 21st century where DLC is sucking the life out of everything.

Blazelblue I could still buy the characters and use them without going a brand new disk.Most of the time unless it was a actual sequel. Same goes for NRS they just do updates and the characters I bought sepreate and theres zero difference between MKKE and MK regauler. its the same game. I have bought zero dlc for DOA5 it just pisses me off that now to use 1 character I gatta drop like 40 bucks. I dont give a crap about the costumes.

Capcom is the prime example of how to do dlc wrong I just dont want other fighting devs to follow in that route.
#10pennywise666Posted 5/9/2013 8:43:58 PM
Actually Capcom made a smart move...They made a huge expansion for Dragon's dogma. Instead of putting it as DLC they take the whole game, they add the expansion,add in a HD texture disc and sell it for 40 bucks. (plus bonus to those who have saves from the original game release)
A bit like they did with the DMC3 ultimate edition.

40 bucks for everything that is in DoA5 + worthy extra content, I'd be in...
---
Not removing this sig till Quebec City get a NHL team!
Does anybody knows who's sleeping with whom around here?