so people who have DOA 5 will have to buy another disc or can we dl as dlc?

#11pkmastah15Posted 5/9/2013 7:54:35 PM
finalfantasy94 posted...
Blazelblue I could still buy the characters and use them without going a brand new disk.Most of the time unless it was a actual sequel. Same goes for NRS they just do updates and the characters I bought sepreate and theres zero difference between MKKE and MK regauler. its the same game. I have bought zero dlc for DOA5 it just pisses me off that now to use 1 character I gatta drop like 40 bucks. I dont give a crap about the costumes.

Capcom is the prime example of how to do dlc wrong I just dont want other fighting devs to follow in that route.

Then don't buy it, simple as that. I don't see what's the problem. *****ing and moaning isn't going to get you any sympathy here. Whether the new contents are justified enough for you to spend more $$ is up to you.

They're adding these new characters not to rip people off, fans have been asking for them for a whole year ever since the original release. They're obviously not going to go with DLC method as they said they don't want to divide the base player for characters. It's better for them go the whole new disc based game and update the whole game as there were a lot of room for improvements from the vanilla, not just characters unfortunately to you.
#12Team_NinjaPosted 5/9/2013 8:01:43 PM
There's no change. It's a whole lot of the same thing. Let me know when they add weapons to the game.

If they wanted to release a new game, it should have been doa 6 as a whole new project for the next gen consoles with even better graphic engines and new gameplay.

With that said, I expect pricing is going to be a factor for most people. The reason why NG3 RE was priced at $40 and not $60 was because it was an improved version, not necessarily a new game. Had they priced it at another $60 for RE, a lot of us would have flipped the bird on team ninja. This ultimate thing looks more like an expansion pack, because it's a whole lot of add-ons more than it feels like a new game, so if they even dare price it at anything more than $40, they can shove this release up their you know what.
#13GELPosted 5/9/2013 8:23:01 PM
The truth is we don't know anything yet. Is it just two new characters and some new stages or are they adding THAT MUCH MORE? We don't know. Nor do we know if it will be avalible as DLC. ALL we know is that Momiji, Leon, and at least one new stage are being added (along with a new costume and pigtails for Lei-Fang) and that there will be a disc release AND a "digital" release (which could be DLC or it might not be).

If it's just a couple of things then I hope it's just DLC. If it's a disc/full download only? Then they better be adding a LOT.

Either way I kinda hope that it DOESN'T include the DLC and is instead backwards compatible with all existing DLC while adding in a bunch of NEW costumes exclusive to the new release.
---
I YELL GAME WORDS!
http://gamebabble.wordpress.com
#14finalfantasy94Posted 5/9/2013 9:10:48 PM
pkmastah15 posted...
finalfantasy94 posted...
Blazelblue I could still buy the characters and use them without going a brand new disk.Most of the time unless it was a actual sequel. Same goes for NRS they just do updates and the characters I bought sepreate and theres zero difference between MKKE and MK regauler. its the same game. I have bought zero dlc for DOA5 it just pisses me off that now to use 1 character I gatta drop like 40 bucks. I dont give a crap about the costumes.

Capcom is the prime example of how to do dlc wrong I just dont want other fighting devs to follow in that route.

Then don't buy it, simple as that. I don't see what's the problem. *****ing and moaning isn't going to get you any sympathy here. Whether the new contents are justified enough for you to spend more $$ is up to you.

They're adding these new characters not to rip people off, fans have been asking for them for a whole year ever since the original release. They're obviously not going to go with DLC method as they said they don't want to divide the base player for characters. It's better for them go the whole new disc based game and update the whole game as there were a lot of room for improvements from the vanilla, not just characters unfortunately to you.

that reasoning is dumb. I wasint complaining about when someone had rain in mk and I didint. I was like "well I guess they bought the character" and went on with my day. It doesint divide anything its just a character you cant use unless you purchese and its not like the character has a instant kill move or something its just someone new to learn to fight against and if im interested in using them myself I shouldint have to shell out 40 bucks. Again patch the gameplay.

your coming off as this is the right way to do things. proboly back in the olden days yea it was acceptable since we couldint download stuff like patches and what not but now we can.
#15pkmastah15Posted 5/9/2013 9:43:20 PM
I never said it was right. Hell, I don't know if I will get this or not. There's still too little information out now to tell whether it is worth the purchase or not.

If I'm coming off as this is the right thing, well no I don't agree to that. On the other hand, you're coming off as this is wrong no matter what when you don't have an exact idea of what contents will be added exactly. Your basing this on just because of the new characters and nothing else which is what pisses you off the most.

Like I said, if you feel ripped off then just don't buy it. People send their message adequately to developers by voting with their wallets. It's not like TN is pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to update to this new version.
#16JillVPosted 5/9/2013 10:17:40 PM
pkmastah15 posted...
I never said it was right. Hell, I don't know if I will get this or not. There's still too little information out now to tell whether it is worth the purchase or not.

If I'm coming off as this is the right thing, well no I don't agree to that. On the other hand, you're coming off as this is wrong no matter what when you don't have an exact idea of what contents will be added exactly. Your basing this on just because of the new characters and nothing else which is what pisses you off the most.

Like I said, if you feel ripped off then just don't buy it. People send their message adequately to developers by voting with their wallets. It's not like TN is pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to update to this new version.

There's quite a few gaming companies that have been taking this kind of approach of re-releasing a game like Bethesda with their GOTY edition like Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, 2K Games with Borderlands, Rockstar with GTAIV, Naughty Dog with Uncharted, Capcom with Street Fighter IV and Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Koei with the DW games and now Tecmo with NG and DOA, people have the option of whether buy a re-release game or not and like you mentioned they're not pointing a gun at us and demanding us to buy the game.
#17yahya_no_1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 3:34:50 AM
lol and blind sheep accepting this here.

First of all they confirmed the game to be out on PSN, now all they need to do is to put it on the DOA 5 store for a discount 15$ price, for the noobs who think adding new moves will change anything, if you programmed anything in your life, adding stuff like that should not be impossible on a PS3 2012 game, not even close to being difficult.

were way past the dark ages by now, they use the same models and everything is the same thing, so if they want to keep their little loyal support going, they need to play this smart or they will have the same problem, UMvC3 had, which lose 70% of it's support on lunch.

It's that simple, and for the idiots who go "don't like it don't buy it, simple", you do realize this is the same thing "you" people said when UMvC3 came out? and no one bought it.....right?

so if you want to keep this series going, think before you speak
---
PSN:yahyano1
#18yahya_no_1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 3:45:59 AM
JillV posted...
pkmastah15 posted...

There's quite a few gaming companies that have been taking this kind of approach of re-releasing a game like Bethesda with their GOTY edition like Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, 2K Games with Borderlands, Rockstar with GTAIV, Naughty Dog with Uncharted, Capcom with Street Fighter IV and Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Koei with the DW games and now Tecmo with NG and DOA, people have the option of whether buy a re-release game or not and like you mentioned they're not pointing a gun at us and demanding us to buy the game.

It's not point a gun at us, I love the series i want to keep it alive, but I can't accept this, making one game useless beats the point if buying it in the first place, and if a lot of people don't buy it we wont get another one, but on the same time I don't want DoA6 to have 3 definitive vrs.

Like many people said here, they can do it smart like MK9 and release a GOTY vr that includes all the DLC while the original still able to have what the GOTY edition has, not re-release another disc only based update if Capcom proved anything is how stupid this approach can be.

It never worked for Sf4 AE, never worked out for SFxT with their DLC in disc and specially not with MvC3.

Looking at TTT2 and MK9, so far fans accepted their routes, and I know TTT2 didn't meet target, but it was close enough, it hasn't been a year yet too, MK9 sold massively well.

DoA5 did pretty well for itself too because it advertised itself as DLC free game.
---
PSN:yahyano1
#19JillVPosted 5/10/2013 4:16:55 AM
yahya_no_1 posted...
It's not point a gun at us, I love the series i want to keep it alive, but I can't accept this, making one game useless beats the point if buying it in the first place, and if a lot of people don't buy it we wont get another one, but on the same time I don't want DoA6 to have 3 definitive vrs.

Like many people said here, they can do it smart like MK9 and release a GOTY vr that includes all the DLC while the original still able to have what the GOTY edition has, not re-release another disc only based update if Capcom proved anything is how stupid this approach can be.

It never worked for Sf4 AE, never worked out for SFxT with their DLC in disc and specially not with MvC3.

Looking at TTT2 and MK9, so far fans accepted their routes, and I know TTT2 didn't meet target, but it was close enough, it hasn't been a year yet too, MK9 sold massively well.

DoA5 did pretty well for itself too because it advertised itself as DLC free game.

As I always say "You can please some of the people some of the time" "But you can't please all of the people all of the time" and it will continue to be that way unfortunately.
#20Team_NinjaPosted 5/10/2013 6:04:43 AM
JillV posted...

As I always say "You can please some of the people some of the time" "But you can't please all of the people all of the time" and it will continue to be that way unfortunately.

Nothing in this world is 100%. Everyone knows this. But what you have to do is get on the majority side to survive. So far this Ultimate stuff have only been pleasing the minority.

I strongly believe they should focus on DoA6 for a 2014/15 release for the next gen consoles rather than waste time on this ultimate non sense. It still has the number "5" tag on it (DoA5 Ultimate), which suggest there won't be any major changes. It's just an add-on/expansion to what vanilla already has.