so people who have DOA 5 will have to buy another disc or can we dl as dlc?

#51Rapham0nPosted 5/24/2013 3:40:25 PM
@TC:
I agree with your first post. If those of us that have the original DOA5 can't upgrade to Ultimate then Team Ninja/Tecmo can go screw themselves. I gave up on Capcom games because of bullcrap like this and I'll give up on Team Ninja games if they decide to go the same route as Capcom.
---
Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.
#52tehdudPosted 5/25/2013 9:20:34 PM
only in the gaming industry do you have fanboys that are so anti consumer that they actually argue for less content. people without a blindfold on and with a head on their shoulders have already made the connection to capcoms way of doing things. these guys could have done a mk komplete but they chose to capcom. is it that surprising to see that there might be people *gasp* not happy?
you claim we are the minority. then why the hell are you so vigilantly defending and arguing for. no one forced you to enter topic or read or reply. shatterstar much pkmastah? shoe's on the other foot now.
---
http://i.imgur.com/f9v1SV5.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#53Eijin-FD3SPosted 5/26/2013 5:20:50 AM
Lol I came to discuss my discomfort at the Idea of shelling out another 40+ for an Incomplete game I paid 60 for...All I got was a couple of dudes arguing over who's younger and like some vital discussion on sheep and kids or whatever.

Honestly I love DOA been playing since dreamcast but I'm not a fan of ultimate editions. It's also really not anything new even for this series. I'm still picking up the new version though, I mean Jacky is my VF main so I'm pretty much obligated lol.
---
Woo finally got a PS VITA! Add me on PSN: ClutchAnderson JPSN: LateNight_Kazoku (if you're playing PSO2, GuiltyGear Plus R, or Senran Kagura)
#54tehdudPosted 5/26/2013 6:27:45 AM
$100 later you have 2 incomplete games xD
---
http://i.imgur.com/f9v1SV5.gif
http://i.imgur.com/ypVtf.png
#55rinchanPosted 5/28/2013 3:00:30 AM
Just throwing in my two cents.

Am disappointed that there's going to be an expansion that requires you to basically buy the game you already own again for the extras. Has been done before (thinks of Final Fantasy X and International). I'm wondering if my DOA5 save will be compatible with Ultimate or will I have to regrind for old costumes and titles all over again. (T.T) I suppose this is better than the Dynasty Warriors series' Xtreme system which requires an annoying disc swap but I do wish I could just download the Ultimate as an expansion to the game I already own. It should be possible and cheaper than buying the game all over again, even if it is at 2/3 the original price. (Not possible way back in FFX's time.) DW's Xtreme has a lot more content than this new Ultimate seems to have but then again, perhaps not all has been revealed yet.

Feel like I should have passed on the original DOA5 and waited for Ultimate. Will need to keep Team Ninja's strategy in mind when their future releases come around.

Not sure whether to buy Ultimate or not as DOA5 made me realize I'm not really into fighting games. It's surprisingly hard, even after a lot of practice. Still haven't been able to unlock Christie's survival swinsuit. Sadly, I'm not a Fighter. XD A lot of decent new games coming out this summer too, like Dragon's Crown and Dynasty Warriors 8. Price point will be the biggest element of contention. 2/3 is a great price for new people to jump in but having already bought one Ultimate Ed, I'm not too keen on buying a 2nd just for some extras, when I could be putting the money into totally new games.
#56finalfantasy94Posted 5/29/2013 8:35:19 AM
Eijin-FD3S posted...
Lol I came to discuss my discomfort at the Idea of shelling out another 40+ for an Incomplete game I paid 60 for...All I got was a couple of dudes arguing over who's younger and like some vital discussion on sheep and kids or whatever.

Honestly I love DOA been playing since dreamcast but I'm not a fan of ultimate editions. It's also really not anything new even for this series. I'm still picking up the new version though, I mean Jacky is my VF main so I'm pretty much obligated lol.

If momiji wasint in this version I wouldint even bother. Sadly since it seems they are going the capcom route by being idiots I have no choice but to buy this game since it has the character I want and somehow its impossible to release her as dlc which I call bs on. Now I know to ignore DOA6 and wait till DOA6U.
#57OmegaDL50Posted 6/5/2013 2:17:06 AM
You know if all these claims of being an "adult" in this topic, I sure do see a lot of childish berating and insult slinging, but we all know karma is irrelevant and has nothing to do with age, but does have everything to do with being responsible and mature, and there is a lot of immature statements being made.

For one thing, I'd would expect any responsible individual who is working a full time job, to know the priorities of living expenses (Rent/Mortgage, Food, Utilities such as Gas, Electric, Water) which should always have a precedence over luxuries such video games, which are nothing but a form of entertainment, now that with that out of the way.

I would also address that any responsible and mature individual would understand the concept of "speaking with your wallet" After all, if you feel something is actually worth your money, then naturally you would buy it if it's something you want. If you don't like it, then not buying it is the best message you can convey to a company that is providing a product you don't like.

On the subject of companies, let's also establish that Koei-Temco is a business, who's sole purpose is being a business to sell a product to make money. This product just happens to be Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. See some customers think they are especially entitled because they bought the previous version they feel that they have a right to get the re-release for free or at discount.

Some will make statements saying "Majority of the game is already done, they only need to add a few characters and stages, simply upload it onto PSN / XBL and call it a day"

I'm sure if they did this it would be great. However just like some of the individuals in this topic that "claim" to be productive individuals of society by having gainful employment, let's also bring up the fact that Team Ninja did not just wave a magic wand and simply conjure up this new content that consists of hours of coding and programming, and checking if any additional changes would break existing lines of code within the game.

I'm sure someone would just scoff and say, It's 2012, these changes are minor, and disregard the issue of modifying the existing balance of the game with the inclusion of these characters or revised movelists of currently existing characters, as well as backporting the existing content from the Vita release to the PS3 and 360 version. (I mean is anyone gullible enough to believe programming is this simple, well I got some C# and C++ books to sell you along with a bridge)

Any how, Team Ninja has been doing this for quite some time, evident with subsequent re-releases of Ninja Gaiden (i.e original release, Black, and Sigma versions. When some of you bought Ninja Gaiden 3, did you also make a huge issue when the entire game was overhauled and re-released for the Razor's Edge update? From what I've already read in this topic, I'll just make the safe bet and say "likely"

Rather then crying petulantly on the forums about not getting what you want, be responsible, judge with your wallet. Of course unless you want be another one of the so called "vocal minority" that just makes protests of gaming forums which is is little more then a futile gesture that falls on dead ears.

Of course I haven't see any Team Ninja employees browsing these forums lately to answer to your woes, I'm sure any sensible person wouldn't think the same either, so oh well, so much for that.
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#58Rapham0nPosted 6/5/2013 11:09:57 AM
@OmegaDL50:
Have you ever played Mass Effect 3? That game received tons of extra content and entire sections of the game was completely changed (especially the multiplayer) and they did all that without the need for people to go out and buy a new version of the game. That is proof that it CAN be done. Compared to the changes made in ME3 the changes from DOA5 to DOA5U are very minor.

And Mass Effect 3 is just one example of a game that received tons of extra content as well as complete changes without the need for a new version of the game.
---
Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.
#59OmegaDL50Posted 6/5/2013 1:02:43 PM
That is entirely dependent on existing devhooks within the game engine that will allow additional content to be seamlessly added and IF a developer leaves the source open for changes to not make any detrimental changes retroactively (Case in point, many expansion packs for many games, your examples with Mass Effect 3 baring, not to mention Skyrim, Borderlands all of these games analyzed with a hex editor or disc browsing utilities there is evidence of content within the code that isn't put into the final release, and Dark Souls with it's Atorias of the Abyss being one such example.

While it would be nice for a simple DLC add-on to just add onto the existing copies of Dead or Alive 5 (As I've stated in my previous post), Tecmo may have not left any such open code for changes to be made on the current release (The fact that there is evidence of Leon being in the games code and he is on the upcoming characters included in DOA5U, would suggest otherwise)

Of course again this just may be an excuse for Team Ninja to not fallback on their previous statement here - http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/doa5/news/dlc_characters_make_fighting_games_unfair_says_doa5_dev.html

All in all, I find it sloppy that Team Ninja indirectly lead themselves into this situation by making that statement in the first place. Could they possibly add the additional characters as DLC along with the additional changes, probably, but more likely then not, someone will bring up the interview posted above and call Team Ninja out on it making them liars, or they can dodge that issue (As well as a huge PR scandal) by simply re-releasing a revised version of the game.

I don't like the situation myself, but this is just going to be one of those times, I'm just going to shrug and say "Oh, well" trade in my current copy of DOA5 to lessen the blow when I purchase DOA5U.

I'll be honest here, I didn't buy DOA5 on release and picked it up a few months afterwards for only $20, but I can relate with those that don't feel like shelling out another $40 over and above what they paid for already (The many GOTY editions as well as Capcom re-releases I was a victim to along with millions of other customers)
---
A fan is confident in the game they prefer being able to stand on its own merits.
A fanatic attacks the opposing game showing insecurity in the game they like.
#60tehdudPosted 6/5/2013 1:21:52 PM
They are still literally selling characters to people with DOA5.

F2P version comes with all content minus story and characters. Thats what we know so far. So then what are DOA5 owners paying for? Character pack.
---
http://i.imgur.com/RklFGJ3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/K0DXenK.jpg