so people who have DOA 5 will have to buy another disc or can we dl as dlc?

#61Rapham0nPosted 6/11/2013 11:22:58 PM(edited)
If they've got so much extra stuff they want to add then they should leave it for the next game. Not force us to buy the same game twice. If DOA5U was called DOA6 and it had the next part in the story as well as all this extra content then I would be able to buy the new game without feeling sick to my stomach.

And as I've already said in another post, how do we know DOA5U is the FINAL final version of the game? What if 6 to 12 months from now they announce Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate Gold Edition or something and if we want that extra content we have to buy yet another version of DOA5?

No matter how you look at it secondary and third versions of a game just end up screwing over the people who paid full price for the original game in the first place. They should leave all that extra content for the next game in the series. Unless they are able to add that content without forcing us (the players) to buy a new version of a game that we already own.

And yes, they ARE forcing us to buy the same game twice. Think about it. We have two choices: either stop playing DOA5 once DOA5U is released or buy DOA5U if we want to keep playing DOA. I really enjoy playing DOA5 because I find it more fun than the other fighting games this gen. But I hate the fact that I have to buy another version of the game if I want to continue to play. You think the DOA community is small now (compared to other fighting game communities), if just half of the DOA5 players switch over to DOA5U then you can pretty much forget about ever finding any decent matches online in vanilla DOA5. :\
---
Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.
#62ThePyreThatBurnsPosted 6/12/2013 1:20:11 AM
So what it boils down to is that Team Ninja is pulling a Sigma on the DOA fanbase.

At some point, this should cease to surprise people.
---
As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy-Abraham Lincoln