A Wing Chun Style Character.

#1JillVPosted 5/10/2013 2:53:10 PM
I've been watching those martial arts movies from Bruce Lee's master Ip Man starring Donnie Yen and I wonder if it'll interesting to see a character with that kind of fighting style not like Bruce Lee's, but more like his master's but who knows if it could work out since there's a lot a martial artists in the game already.
#2docman864Posted 5/10/2013 3:33:28 PM(edited)
honestly, I know they are well aware of the style because the movie is pretty popular in Asia. The problem is creating the character for that style. According to history, Wing Chun was actually a woman, which the name was originated. There are two options I can think of 1) design a female character whose love interest is Jann Lee and rival of Lei Fang or 2) design a male character whose love interest is Lei Fang or some other female character and rival of Jann Lee. I definitely like to see a Wing Chun master go up against Jann Lee's self taught Jeet Kune Do or even Lei Fang's Tai Chi.

Wing Chun definitely fits in the Dead or Alive Universe. I can't imagine that style being in other fighters. I think Jann Lee and Lei Fang are some of the loneliest character in the series and I think having a third character that they can relate with would encourage some character development.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#3DaimeionPosted 5/10/2013 3:27:52 PM
Well, wing chun as you can see is a style that's heavily focused and reacting in response. In other words, it's not really meant for beating people up and Jann Lee's jeet kune do style is already derived from wing chun.
---
PSN: FateNightroad
#4JillV(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 3:47:12 PM
Daimeion posted...
Well, wing chun as you can see is a style that's heavily focused and reacting in response. In other words, it's not really meant for beating people up and Jann Lee's jeet kune do style is already derived from wing chun.

It doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a character with that fighting style, like I said the character doesn't have to be like Jann Lee or Bruce Lee's style but more like his master and also I've heard that Wing Chun style isn't the same amongst the users supposedly everyone makes it their own.
#5docman864Posted 5/10/2013 3:55:01 PM
JillV posted...
Daimeion posted...

It doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a character with that fighting style, like I said the character doesn't have to be like Jann Lee or Bruce Lee's style but more like his master and also I've heard that Wing Chun style isn't the same amongst the users supposedly everyone makes it their own.

I can only hope one of the new characters uses that style.
---
#6KwonJigglypuffPosted 5/10/2013 5:22:12 PM
I also saw these movies and thought instantely of DOA.

Would be nice to have a serious mature Korean Wing Chun woman with short hair (like Christie). She would be Jann Lee's "big sister" (they grew up together at the orphanage and she would always defend him against the adults). Lei Fang would be jelly and Jann Lee would feel submitted because that Korean girl has a lot of attitude.
#7CeeEsbeePosted 5/10/2013 7:42:10 PM
As long as it's not another Asian character using it, I'm alright with someone utilizing such a style. There's a lot of Chinese and Japanese characters in the roster.
#8docman864Posted 5/11/2013 12:20:41 AM
CeeEsbee posted...
As long as it's not another Asian character using it, I'm alright with someone utilizing such a style. There's a lot of Chinese and Japanese characters in the roster.

you mean Ninjas.
---
#9CeeEsbeePosted 5/11/2013 7:22:20 AM
docman864 posted...
CeeEsbee posted...

you mean Ninjas.

Nope, just Asians in the roster.
#10istuffedsunnyPosted 5/11/2013 7:31:46 AM
Yeah I guess we can't have too many of a certain race. I mean just because the majority of the world's population and martial artists are Asian, why should they be properly represented in a fighting game? White power, right?
---
I have a radio in my car.