A Wing Chun Style Character.

#11CeeEsbeePosted 5/11/2013 7:34:50 AM
istuffedsunny posted...
Yeah I guess we can't have too many of a certain race. I mean just because the majority of the world's population and martial artists are Asian, why should they be properly represented in a fighting game? White power, right?

Mhm. That's what made Christie, Helena, Rig, Eliot and Sarah unique from the rest.

Asian martial art styles but different nationalities.
#12JillV(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 4:00:57 PM
CeeEsbee posted...
istuffedsunny posted...
Yeah I guess we can't have too many of a certain race. I mean just because the majority of the world's population and martial artists are Asian, why should they be properly represented in a fighting game? White power, right?

Mhm. That's what made Christie, Helena, Rig, Eliot and Sarah unique from the rest.

That'd be cool too.
#13docman864Posted 5/11/2013 4:50:30 PM
JillV posted...
CeeEsbee posted...
istuffedsunny posted...

That'd be cool too.

I certainly don't mind either, but I do want some character development and by that I mean the cheesy stuff lol.
---
if you don't play this game, you ARE part of the f***ing problem.
#14MEGAzePosted 5/11/2013 8:48:53 PM
docman864 posted...
Wing Chun definitely fits in the Dead or Alive Universe. I can't imagine that style being in other fighters. I think Jann Lee and Lei Fang are some of the loneliest character in the series and I think having a third character that they can relate with would encourage some character development.

It's in Mortal Kombat.
---
Official Rui Saionji of GameFAQs.
#15wave1000Posted 5/11/2013 9:32:29 PM
Don't know what people are talking about. WC is close quarters combat only CQC 3D fighter is VF so no it would not work in DOA. Even harada said it would not work in Tekken because of this. Style would make no since in a game with a counter system like this.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#16JillV(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 1:16:31 AM
wave1000 posted...
Don't know what people are talking about. WC is close quarters combat only CQC 3D fighter is VF so no it would not work in DOA. Even harada said it would not work in Tekken because of this. Style would make no since in a game with a counter system like this.

Just because you say so it wouldn't make it impossible to put it in a game.
#17wave1000Posted 5/12/2013 2:49:24 AM
I mean sure you can put it in if you are just doing it in name only like they did Karate but it would be nice to have the real thing. VF would handle this much better just like they handle real karate.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#18CeeEsbeePosted 5/12/2013 7:51:42 AM
docman864 posted...
JillV posted...
CeeEsbee posted...
istuffedsunny posted...

That'd be cool too.

I certainly don't mind either, but I do want some character development and by that I mean the cheesy stuff lol.

Jann Lee's lost against Rig had him obsessed with the guy as well as Eliot's cheeky little crush scenes with Ayane, Hitomi and Christie. Is that not enough cheese for you?
#19Lacrymosa143Posted 5/13/2013 3:21:14 PM
Wing Chun is actually a very lethal fighting style. One of the principles is to never hold back, which is why they encourage to "fight without fighting". Solve problems without violence, because if you do get into a fight, dont hold back. Of course the movie is just a movie, but the first Ip Man movie does show the most realistic Wing Chun so far. That said, it's not a style for show and it wouldnt make a good movie to show real Wing Chun.

Also the legend of how Wing Chun was founded may just be a legend. But it has a message, of women's empowerment, and feminine power for men and women. So if they do have a Wing Chun character in DOA, it wouldn't be that BS of fighting over a man (which is the opposite of the legend). Btw I'm a Win Chun user. Ip Man's family spells it Ving Tsun in roman characters so that it wont have the same initials as Water Closet.
#20JillV(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 7:06:16 PM
Lacrymosa143 posted...
Wing Chun is actually a very lethal fighting style. One of the principles is to never hold back, which is why they encourage to "fight without fighting". Solve problems without violence, because if you do get into a fight, dont hold back. Of course the movie is just a movie, but the first Ip Man movie does show the most realistic Wing Chun so far. That said, it's not a style for show and it wouldnt make a good movie to show real Wing Chun.

Also the legend of how Wing Chun was founded may just be a legend. But it has a message, of women's empowerment, and feminine power for men and women. So if they do have a Wing Chun character in DOA, it wouldn't be that BS of fighting over a man (which is the opposite of the legend). Btw I'm a Win Chun user. Ip Man's family spells it Ving Tsun in roman characters so that it wont have the same initials as Water Closet.

That's awesome, I saw somewhere online that WC is different amongst the users like your master's WC might be different from your WC, is it true?

Anyway in your honest opinion you think a Wing Chun user might be possible in DOA?