Why do little girls love DOA?

#11WRRYYYYersPosted 6/18/2013 6:04:07 PM
They have sexual fantasies about the women of DOA and aspire to be them one day... or be with them... in eternal lesbian love... <3
#12Lacrymosa143Posted 6/18/2013 6:34:33 PM
GEL posted...
I know a lot of girls who just think the over-the-top jiggle physics are FUNNY. I also seem to recall an interview where it was revealed that most of the skimpiest DOAX bikinis were designed by women. Similarly, I started looking at the DOA5 leaderboards on XBox 360 and noticed almost half of the top 10 players were identifiably women.

The focus on fanservice has inadvertently leads to a very female-centric roster with practically a 50/50 split with the genders so people who want to play a girl have a lot of choices.

Also there's usually a couple of reasonable outfits to go with the oversexed ones. ESPECIALLY in 5 where I think everyone has something you could wear in public without getting weird looks.

This is true. I'm glad someone else gets it.

Btw I'm a big sister, and I think the t&a is hot.
#13Red_Ring_RicoPosted 6/19/2013 5:50:24 AM
Because little girls love Barbie and the girls in DOA are like virtual Barbie dolls which you can dress up and play with.
#14Lacrymosa143Posted 6/19/2013 7:07:06 AM
Red_Ring_Rico posted...
Because little girls love Barbie and the girls in DOA are like virtual Barbie dolls which you can dress up and play with.

No you can't. They have set costumes. Tekken 6 and Virtua fighter 5 has better dress up. Previous guy has it right, mystery solved.
#15Redd_WhitePosted 6/19/2013 9:08:11 AM
GEL posted...
I know a lot of girls who just think the over-the-top jiggle physics are FUNNY. I also seem to recall an interview where it was revealed that most of the skimpiest DOAX bikinis were designed by women. Similarly, I started looking at the DOA5 leaderboards on XBox 360 and noticed almost half of the top 10 players were identifiably women.

I don't know if it's specific to DOA. Women in general are beasts when it comes to fighting games.

there's usually a couple of reasonable outfits to go with the oversexed ones. ESPECIALLY in 5 where I think everyone has something you could wear in public without getting weird looks.

I'd even go as far as to say that despite its bad reputation of having a ridiculous emphasis on the women's sexiness, it's actually the only fighting series that feature regular clothes for nearly every female. And that's something that pleases female gamers, they want wardrobe they can relate to, from what i know they don't care about bikinis and flashy/over the top clothes.
#16I_can_hazPosted 6/22/2013 8:10:29 AM
My sister also likes DOA. I think it's because they think the DOA girls are cool. Despite the over the top sexiness of the DOA girls, the DOA girls are portrayed in a way that is empowering to girls. They go head to head with the guys and even kick their butts. DOA is also one of the few fighting games with an equal ratio of male to female fighters, and since girls love playing as girls in videogames this is a good thing for them. Lastly, I think despite the bad rep DOA gets for its sexualization of women, a lot of ladies don't mind it. Girls like looking sexy despite what feminists say, and they find the sexy DOA girls cool because of this. It's the same way us guys like to play as badass/cool characters in videogames because it makes feel badass/cool.
#17Lacrymosa143Posted 6/22/2013 3:05:16 PM
I_can_haz posted...
My sister also likes DOA. I think it's because they think the DOA girls are cool. Despite the over the top sexiness of the DOA girls, the DOA girls are portrayed in a way that is empowering to girls. They go head to head with the guys and even kick their butts. DOA is also one of the few fighting games with an equal ratio of male to female fighters, and since girls love playing as girls in videogames this is a good thing for them. Lastly, I think despite the bad rep DOA gets for its sexualization of women, a lot of ladies don't mind it. Girls like looking sexy despite what feminists say, and they find the sexy DOA girls cool because of this. It's the same way us guys like to play as badass/cool characters in videogames because it makes feel badass/cool.

Why the f*** ya gotta badmouth feminists? I'm one and I like sexiness. I also like suit wearing playgirls. Insecure women does not equal feminists. 40 year old dead beats living in their moms basement does not equal gamers.
#18CeeEsbeePosted 6/23/2013 1:04:15 AM
Lacrymosa143 posted...
I_can_haz posted...

Why the f*** ya gotta badmouth feminists? I'm one and I like sexiness. I also like suit wearing playgirls. Insecure women does not equal feminists. 40 year old dead beats living in their moms basement does not equal gamers.

Maybe he is referring to the man-hating extreme feminists?
#19EmiliaTheSage(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 2:10:30 AM
I_can_haz posted...
Girls like looking sexy despite what feminists say, and they find the sexy DOA girls cool because of this. It's the same way us guys like to play as badass/cool characters in videogames because it makes feel badass/cool.

Exactly. Girls like Tomb Raider and guys like Nathan Drake. There's nothing wrong with that.

Lacrymosa143 posted...
Insecure women does not equal feminists.

I'm glad someone feels the same way.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/29059105/re6-might-be-the-most-sexist-and-misogyny-re-since-re4

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-v/178936-3-characters-no-female-sexist-much.html
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
Now Playing: Project Diva F
#20Lacrymosa143Posted 6/23/2013 6:42:36 AM(edited)
EmiliaTheSage posted...
I_can_haz posted...
Girls like looking sexy despite what feminists say, and they find the sexy DOA girls cool because of this. It's the same way us guys like to play as badass/cool characters in videogames because it makes feel badass/cool.

Exactly. Girls like Tomb Raider and guys like Nathan Drake. There's nothing wrong with that.

Lacrymosa143 posted...
Insecure women does not equal feminists.

I'm glad someone feels the same way.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/29059105/re6-might-be-the-most-sexist-and-misogyny-re-since-re4

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/grand-theft-auto-v/178936-3-characters-no-female-sexist-much.html

That's why i never cared for GTA, or Resident Evil past 4. I played 4 but i didnt expect it to be sexist like that. I just thought it was cool that Leon came back since we didn't see him since RE2. I didn't think it would start a whole trend of demoting the real leads of the series, Jill and Claire.

Seriously, that was one of the main things the series had going for it. The women were either on equal standing to the males, or they were the star on their own. RE1 had Jill and Chris as both leads equally. 2 had Claire and Leon equally. 3 had Jill as the star on her own. Code Veronica had Claire and Chris equally. Though Claire is advertised more, she gets damselfied in the game when you play as Chris. 0 has Rebecca and that one guy as leads equally.

And then you have other people trying to do the Resident Evil thing themselves, with female leads too. Dino Crisis, and Parasite Eve for example. It was a part of the series and the genre. Hell even with the Aliens movies back in the 70s and 80s. How are we going backwards with this? It's probably a big attempt with the media trying to bring back the "good old days". That's why we get all these old franchises coming back and crap, mainly in movies.

Edit: And Sheva doesn't count in RE5. She was a sidekick. The game forces you to beat the game as steroids boy before you get to play as her. And she isn't in RE6.