I like Dead or Alive, but not for the female characters... Am I doing it wrong?

#1ZBug_Posted 7/6/2013 8:59:59 PM
I like to play as Hayabusa just because I think he's really fun to use and his attacks are kinda flashy. However, I know that he is regarded as a cheap character, competitively, so I mostly use Zack. I do use Hitmomi, but I didn't even start using her until the last game.
I try other characters when I'm just messing around (who doesn't?), but out of my main 3 favorite characters, 2 of them are male characters.

So that raises the questions: Am I doing it wrong? And how many other people main mostly Male characters?
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#2V_G_FanPosted 7/6/2013 11:29:10 PM
There's no right or wrong with characters you like. If you like Hayabusa then use him. My favorite is Tina even though she is not high tier. I also like Ayane, Christie, and Hayabusa.
---
PSN: enersight69
#3DaimeionPosted 7/6/2013 11:31:53 PM
V_G_Fan posted...
There's no right or wrong with characters you like. If you like Hayabusa then use him. My favorite is Tina even though she is not high tier. I also like Ayane, Christie, and Hayabusa.

Agreed, because I play to fantasize about going outside and randomly beat people up.
---
PSN: FateNightroad
#4EmiliaTheSagePosted 7/7/2013 6:51:52 AM
Just pick whichever character you are comfortable with. I love the female characters in DOA but I also use male characters as well. The ninjas are really easy to use in this game and they are good for starting characters.
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
#5V_G_FanPosted 7/7/2013 7:52:14 AM
EmiliaTheSage posted...
The ninjas are really easy to use in this game and they are good for starting characters.

Hayabusa as a starting character? The 360 degree motions for some of his throws and holds aren't that easy to execute especially on a dpad.
---
"Relax and let me do all the work," says Morrigan Aensland to Ghost Rider.
#6Darkcypher2Posted 7/7/2013 10:50:21 AM
V_G_Fan posted...
EmiliaTheSage posted...
The ninjas are really easy to use in this game and they are good for starting characters.

Hayabusa as a starting character? The 360 degree motions for some of his throws and holds aren't that easy to execute especially on a dpad.

that's true but other than that hayabusa is a pretty straightforward character and is a little simple to get use to
---
i alone have mastered the art of combat. my satsui no hadou will never fade
-Oni ~~Asura's wrath
#7tee316Posted 7/7/2013 1:52:46 PM
Yea, outside of the ID throw Hayabusa is pretty easy to use. I would say he is the hardest of the 4 ninjas.
#8CeeEsbeePosted 7/8/2013 6:08:06 AM
This game isn't about choosing the right gender to be your main or subs and no one should judge you for playing one of the guys or girls.

I main as Helena and I also play as Tina, Lisa, Christie, Ayane and Sarah because I like them for their personality, their features are striking for me and that they're compatible with me when I play as them but I also love playing as the guys like Eliot, Bass and most especially Bayman with just as the same reason as the girls I mentioned.
#9Zeroforce14Posted 7/8/2013 5:16:38 PM
as long as you choose Gen Fu, you can't go wrong
---
effort at zero, influence at on