I like Dead or Alive, but not for the female characters... Am I doing it wrong?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive 5
  3. I like Dead or Alive, but not for the female characters... Am I doing it wrong?
3 years ago#1
I like to play as Hayabusa just because I think he's really fun to use and his attacks are kinda flashy. However, I know that he is regarded as a cheap character, competitively, so I mostly use Zack. I do use Hitmomi, but I didn't even start using her until the last game.
I try other characters when I'm just messing around (who doesn't?), but out of my main 3 favorite characters, 2 of them are male characters.

So that raises the questions: Am I doing it wrong? And how many other people main mostly Male characters?
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
3 years ago#2
There's no right or wrong with characters you like. If you like Hayabusa then use him. My favorite is Tina even though she is not high tier. I also like Ayane, Christie, and Hayabusa.
PSN: enersight69
3 years ago#3
V_G_Fan posted...
There's no right or wrong with characters you like. If you like Hayabusa then use him. My favorite is Tina even though she is not high tier. I also like Ayane, Christie, and Hayabusa.

Agreed, because I play to fantasize about going outside and randomly beat people up.
PSN: FateNightroad
3 years ago#4
Just pick whichever character you are comfortable with. I love the female characters in DOA but I also use male characters as well. The ninjas are really easy to use in this game and they are good for starting characters.
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
3 years ago#5
EmiliaTheSage posted...
The ninjas are really easy to use in this game and they are good for starting characters.

Hayabusa as a starting character? The 360 degree motions for some of his throws and holds aren't that easy to execute especially on a dpad.
"Relax and let me do all the work," says Morrigan Aensland to Ghost Rider.
3 years ago#6
V_G_Fan posted...
EmiliaTheSage posted...
The ninjas are really easy to use in this game and they are good for starting characters.

Hayabusa as a starting character? The 360 degree motions for some of his throws and holds aren't that easy to execute especially on a dpad.

that's true but other than that hayabusa is a pretty straightforward character and is a little simple to get use to
i alone have mastered the art of combat. my satsui no hadou will never fade
-Oni ~~Asura's wrath
3 years ago#7
Yea, outside of the ID throw Hayabusa is pretty easy to use. I would say he is the hardest of the 4 ninjas.
3 years ago#8
This game isn't about choosing the right gender to be your main or subs and no one should judge you for playing one of the guys or girls.

I main as Helena and I also play as Tina, Lisa, Christie, Ayane and Sarah because I like them for their personality, their features are striking for me and that they're compatible with me when I play as them but I also love playing as the guys like Eliot, Bass and most especially Bayman with just as the same reason as the girls I mentioned.
3 years ago#9
as long as you choose Gen Fu, you can't go wrong
effort at zero, influence at on
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive 5
  3. I like Dead or Alive, but not for the female characters... Am I doing it wrong?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived