I just got this game. It takes some getting used to

#1OrangeWizardPosted 7/6/2013 9:16:47 PM
So far online, everyone just picks Rig and keeps me stunned with his kicks the whole match. I can hardly get a hit in.

I guess I'll just get better at countering, or something. That's how you're supposed to play the game, I've heard: just counter everything.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#2OrangeWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 10:02:19 PM
I can't even beat ayane with kororo on Normal
---
#3V_G_FanPosted 7/6/2013 11:18:01 PM
Besides more practice, don't forget the rock, paper, scissors game mechanics - strikes (punches/kicks) beat throws, throws beat holds, and holds beat strikes (punches/kicks). Hope that helps.
---
PSN: enersight69
#4OrangeWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 11:19:50 PM
You can hold an attack during a critical stun, but not a red critical stun, right?
---
#5DaimeionPosted 7/6/2013 11:35:34 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
You can hold an attack during a critical stun, but not a red critical stun, right?

You can, unless you are hit during a red critical stun with a critical burst.
---
PSN: FateNightroad
#6EmiliaTheSagePosted 7/7/2013 6:46:40 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
I guess I'll just get better at countering, or something. That's how you're supposed to play the game, I've heard: just counter everything.

You should record a replay of your ranked matches. You can learn a thing or two from your mistakes. I'm sure there are 2-3 moves that Rig players always use on you that you can counter. Watch it carefully and learn to use the proper hold against those moves.
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
#7AngryBassPosted 7/7/2013 4:24:38 PM
how is the online anyway?

is it still laggy?

i bought the game on release date and was not to happy about the online so a few weeks later sold it.
#8OrangeWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 6:12:04 PM

is it still laggy?

i bought the game on release date and was not to happy about the online so a few weeks later sold it.

lag is uncommon, but it still happens.
---
#9EmiliaTheSagePosted 7/7/2013 11:30:02 PM(edited)
AngryBass posted...

is it still laggy?

Depends on your location. I'm from Asia and I get the most lag from European players. I get the best connection from Japanese players. However, the connection simply drops from time to time.
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."