Somewhat new

#1bobio2Posted 7/7/2013 6:31:12 PM
i havent played this game for a while because of other games but was thinking to get started on becoming at least half decent in this game as soon this game will be free to my friends wanting to play. i've played tekken tag 2 before and i was thinking if my mindset should be different or the same for this game? while in practice mode, as a new player, what should i think of practicing of? (i play as kasumi.) thank you for the help!
#2DaimeionPosted 7/7/2013 8:32:36 PM
Get a feel for you main character and start command training. After you finish, re-visit the command list and write down some move sets that you like or find useful. Try your best to utilize those movesets with your main against the AI. Lastly, learn some combos after you've mastered your main's staple movesets.
---
PSN: FateNightroad
#3OrangeWizardPosted 7/7/2013 9:09:11 PM
i was thinking if my mindset should be different or the same for this game?

I just started too. One difference is that you can break out of a combo with a counter in most cases. So learn the opponent's attacks and learn the high, mid, low counters for your character.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#4bobio2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 9:49:08 PM
OrangeWizard posted...

I just started too. One difference is that you can break out of a combo with a counter in most cases. So learn the opponent's attacks and learn the high, mid, low counters for your character.

break out of a combo? like in mid-air or strings? how exactly can you break out of them?
#5OrangeWizardPosted 7/7/2013 9:53:24 PM

break out of a combo? like in mid-air or strings? how exactly can you break out of them?

Strings.

Every time you are in "critical stun", you can't block, but you can do a counter and break out of it.

In mid-air there is no escape.

In red critical stun there is no escape.

There's probably a term or a acronym for "red critical stun", but I don't know it.
---
Trolling and making valid arguments are not mutually exclusive
#6tee316Posted 7/7/2013 11:22:29 PM
Online "red critical stun" is called critical stun and "critical stun" is just called stun.
#7EmiliaTheSagePosted 7/7/2013 11:27:03 PM
bobio2 posted...
OrangeWizard posted...

You can break out from strings as long as you're character is on the ground by using the correct hold on your opponent's moves. But once you are launched in mid-air, you cannot do anything until you land on the ground just like in Tekken.
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."
#8DaimeionPosted 7/8/2013 2:48:36 PM
This "breaking out of a combo" using counters is not recommended, unless you are absolutely sure it will work. Because you only have 1/4th of a chance guessing the correct height, and if someone throws you during a failed counter, you take double damage. Therefore, it's risky and not something you should overuse.
---
PSN: FateNightroad
#9tee316Posted 7/8/2013 3:21:42 PM
Daimeion posted...
This "breaking out of a combo" using counters is not recommended, unless you are absolutely sure it will work. Because you only have 1/4th of a chance guessing the correct height, and if someone throws you during a failed counter, you take double damage. Therefore, it's risky and not something you should overuse.

This, I get so much damage with Kokoro baiting counters with her 2H+K into P and then a 6T, all the time online.