What do you think of tier lists? (from DOAWORLD)

#1V_G_FanPosted 7/10/2013 8:15:59 AM
While I respect their findings, I find it theoretical. They always say "if all things are equal," but when does that happen? Someone is always better than their opponent. It ranks from best to worst. This was posted June 25, 2013 so it's recent. If you want to find out more just go to the website.

S: Leifang, Ayane, Christie, Kasumi, Sarah

A: Jannlee, Akira, Alpha-152

B: Genfu, Pai, Hayabusa, Brad Wong, Helena, Mila, Bayman, Hitomi, Kokoro, Lisa (La Mariposa), Hayate, Tina

C: Rig, Zack, Bass, Eliot
---
"Relax and let me do all the work," says Morrigan Aensland to Ghost Rider.
#2RX_93_Nu_GundamPosted 7/10/2013 2:49:08 PM
V_G_Fan posted...
While I respect their findings, I find it theoretical. They always say "if all things are equal," but when does that happen? Someone is always better than their opponent. It ranks from best to worst. This was posted June 25, 2013 so it's recent. If you want to find out more just go to the website.

S: Leifang, Ayane, Christie, Kasumi, Sarah

A: Jannlee, Akira, Alpha-152

B: Genfu, Pai, Hayabusa, Brad Wong, Helena, Mila, Bayman, Hitomi, Kokoro, Lisa (La Mariposa), Hayate, Tina

C: Rig, Zack, Bass, Eliot

I read the Gen fu is top tier, so he probably should be on top. Jann Lee should be on top as well. I think Ayane and Kasumi should be A and not S. Other than that I find that the tier list is okay.
#3DegalonPosted 7/13/2013 2:21:05 PM
I see it as twofold.

It is true that certain characters have certain inarguable advantages, but then some people try to act like tier lists are the end all be all with a "This character is good while this character sucks, and you suck if you aren't using high tier" mindset, which is just stupid.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#4BurningFlareXPosted 7/13/2013 2:38:44 PM
With fighters, I always think that every character has something they can work with.
Anyway, fighters depend on skill, the person that uses his / her character better wins, not the person with the better character IMO.
---
I hate everything.
#5RX_93_Nu_GundamPosted 7/13/2013 4:19:50 PM
Degalon posted...
I see it as twofold.

It is true that certain characters have certain inarguable advantages, but then some people try to act like tier lists are the end all be all with a "This character is good while this character sucks, and you suck if you aren't using high tier" mindset, which is just stupid.

It all comes down to match ups. Some characters are better than others. Hence why the FGC spend so much time on match ups to see which characters are weak or strong against other characters.
#6DegalonPosted 7/13/2013 7:31:34 PM
RX_93_Nu_Gundam posted...
Degalon posted...
I see it as twofold.

It all comes down to match ups. Some characters are better than others. Hence why the FGC spend so much time on match ups to see which characters are weak or strong against other characters.

IT just gets annoying when I see like a thousand people trying to use the seemingly "high tier" characters just because they read they were high tier, rather than picking/using the character I like. Like in MK, I used Mileena at launch, then was disgusted seeing a thousand mileenas running around after someone won a tournament with her.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards
#7EmiliaTheSagePosted 7/15/2013 12:00:24 AM
Any character can be deadly at the hands of a good player.
---
"Women don't stay in the kitchen to make sandwiches."