Dear Team Ninja/ Tecmo, Thanks for making a fighting game worth playing!

#11ShadowKirby17Posted 7/26/2013 12:21:42 PM
I actually just bought this game last week because it was so cheap at the store, and it's alright in my opinion. It's not the best but it's decent. I still prefer Ultimate Marvel and Tekken Tag 2. I have the most fun with them. And yes. I have spent more than ten minutes in customization for Tekken without anything happening to my ear drums.

Anyway, I still think people exaggerate when they say one combo ends the match in Tekken. Have you guys not played Marvel? Marvel is basically a "one wrong move and you're dead" game.
---
Koalas are cool (>^_^<)
Hey girl hey!
#12wave1000Posted 7/27/2013 11:32:09 PM
So because you could never play tekken you got mad at it? LOL, news flash you was never good in Tekken 1-3 if you was not a tournament player. In fact the old tekken games are even worst if you are not a pro. Difference from now and then just like alot of games is that there are alot of great players. Im sure you thought you was the good in the old MK and SF games now those are not fighting games either.

Get good at fighters then talk about them because even expect DOA players can break down DOA and all its flaws and why its not as good of fighter as you clam.
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#13wave1000Posted 7/27/2013 11:49:21 PM
ShadowKirby17 posted...
I actually just bought this game last week because it was so cheap at the store, and it's alright in my opinion. It's not the best but it's decent. I still prefer Ultimate Marvel and Tekken Tag 2. I have the most fun with them. And yes. I have spent more than ten minutes in customization for Tekken without anything happening to my ear drums.

Anyway, I still think people exaggerate when they say one combo ends the match in Tekken. Have you guys not played Marvel? Marvel is basically a "one wrong move and you're dead" game.

One combo and one link throw ends the match in the so called great Tekken 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESKg2D8FDmg

also kages throw in past VF games. This is the stuff we delt with in touney play back in the day so fighters are much better then they used to be when you had no options out of this stuff,
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#14Rapham0nPosted 7/31/2013 10:07:46 AM
@TC:
In that case I've got bad news for you. The upcoming Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate is being made to be more like the recent Tekken games with all the new juggling features they are adding to it. Those 10+ hit juggles that take over half your health away in Tekken Tag 2 are coming to DOA5 ULTIMATE now. :(
---
Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.
#15V_G_FanPosted 7/31/2013 11:09:57 AM
Rapham0n posted...
@TC:
In that case I've got bad news for you. The upcoming Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate is being made to be more like the recent Tekken games with all the new juggling features they are adding to it. Those 10+ hit juggles that take over half your health away in Tekken Tag 2 are coming to DOA5 ULTIMATE now. :(

Hope it won't be that bad. I heard you can only launch someone if you have less than half of your life bar.....which is the same as the power blow. I traded in T6 and TTT2 the other day because I didn't like the juggling mechanic. Wish they were more like Tekken 5 DR because the juggling wasn't too bad.
---
"Relax and let me do all the work," says Morrigan Aensland to Ghost Rider.
#16ShadowKirby17Posted 7/31/2013 4:47:11 PM

Oh lawd, this is from way back in the day.

But yeah, that's pretty much gone in Tekken Tag 2. And now that you have two characters it's hard to end a match in literally one combo from the start. Tekken isn't exactly what I would call a beginner friendly fighting game.

From my experience it's mostly beginners/casual players that complain about juggles due to a lack of understanding how to properly play the game. They'll be the ones that are repeatedly running into every possible launcher that their opponent is spamming, and proceed to get juggled over and over again until they eventually get convinced that Tekken is nothing but a juggling game.
---
Koalas are cool (>^_^<)
Hey girl hey!
#17wave1000Posted 8/1/2013 4:14:40 AM
ShadowKirby17 posted...

Oh lawd, this is from way back in the day.

But yeah, that's pretty much gone in Tekken Tag 2. And now that you have two characters it's hard to end a match in literally one combo from the start. Tekken isn't exactly what I would call a beginner friendly fighting game.

From my experience it's mostly beginners/casual players that complain about juggles due to a lack of understanding how to properly play the game. They'll be the ones that are repeatedly running into every possible launcher that their opponent is spamming, and proceed to get juggled over and over again until they eventually get convinced that Tekken is nothing but a juggling game.

And if juggles are took out completely you can still abuse the wake up system this is how it was on many Tekken games all the way up to Tag 2 where we was givin tag crash to get out of oki setups. If there is no juggles to us top players would just change characters and use oki setups all day its that simple. Look at TR all good king players use is death cradle. Now thats old Tekken 3 stuff right there. No one knows how to break it because they have not seen it in years they don't even see it coming because they are caught up in the new flashy moves. even lasers has made a come back, what the hell does that have to do with juggles lol,
---
3DS FC 004427725163
#18sonicfan11589Posted 8/3/2013 8:56:04 AM
Just want to say i love this series sooo much, it's my 2nd top favorite fighting series with Virtua Fighter in first. So the inclusion of VF characters in the latest game is a dream come true, especially since my favorite VF character and one of my top 3 favorite female video game characters of all time is in it, Sarah Bryant. Very glad this game got a Vita version, so much fun, even more fun than DOA Dimensions on 3DS which i have clocked in soooo many hours. I'll admit i do NOT play this for the sexual appeal, i play this FOR THE GAMEPLAY. Can't wait for DOA5 Ultimate!
#19sonicfan11589Posted 8/3/2013 8:57:25 AM
Also I hope Team Ninja and Sega make a DOA Vs. VF, especially for next gen consoles. IT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE!!
#20xhominidPosted 8/3/2013 9:58:29 PM
Funny enough TC, I actually came into DOA BECAUSE of the sexy girls...at first.
I remember it too, I played the Dreamcast demo with my friends and I was honestly enthralled because of the females...which then changed into seeing the amazing detail of the environments and how how crazy the overall game can be(knocking people off buildings, them hitting signposts and acting like nothing happened) and the simple yet deep combat system.

I have virtually played every mainstream DOA game and I am honestly glad for it and I will be continuing to do it.

Rapham0n posted...
@TC:

From what I've seen and what TN stated, the whole thing was made for advanced players in the first place, and you have to remember you have to do it from a Critical Burst I believe and it may have the same requirements as it too(meaning you have to be half health to do so), meaning it's possibly not a gamebreaker or as broken as UMvC3 IF it shares the same prereqs.