how do you do tina's anti air giant swing

#1oblivionproPosted 7/23/2013 8:28:27 AM
it misses everytime I try it. is it bugged
#2tee316Posted 7/23/2013 8:52:08 AM
You are more then likely just screwing up the timing.
#3CeeEsbeePosted 7/23/2013 11:45:45 AM
Anti air giant air swing? Do you mean her <--><- H+P+K taunt?
#4V_G_FanPosted 7/23/2013 1:13:35 PM
oblivionpro posted...
it misses everytime I try it. is it bugged

I agree with tee316 that it's all timing. If you need to at first, hold forward and kick when you think your opponent will do a mid air kick. I love it when it works against Hayabusa's teleport kick. :)
---
"Relax and let me do all the work," says Morrigan Aensland to Ghost Rider.
#5grap3fruitmanPosted 7/23/2013 4:41:16 PM
The input is 41236F+P (quarter circle from back to front and free+punch), which you're probably doing correctly. The issue is that the opponent has to be really high in the air for it to catch them. So you're probably doing the input correctly, you're just not doing while the opponent is high enough.
#6V_G_FanPosted 7/23/2013 9:10:25 PM
@oblivionpro Sorry, I meant press forward and the hold button not forward and kick. As I mentioned before, it requires timing. You don't need to do the hold at the exact time your opponent does the kick. I've found that you can do the hold right before your opponent's kick. Of course you'll need to read your opponent which can be harder to do than the move itself. Here's a video of me using it. This was a few months ago. I'm still learning how to play since I have very little time nowadays. LOL! I use it at 0:57 and 1:17. Hope this helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsw-HjcY1_w
---
#7Rapham0nPosted 7/24/2013 9:57:13 PM
@TC:
I too was having trouble with this and it was driving me crazy. First off, there is nothing wrong with your timing. The thing that people seem to fail to mention is that the anti air giant swing will only connect after certain combos/juggles/hits. I found this out the hard way. This was most likely done for balancing purposes. Can you imagine how OP Tina would be if she could connect the anti air giant swing after everything and anything? That move does tons of damage.
---
Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.
#8V_G_FanPosted 7/25/2013 9:10:25 AM
Rapham0n posted...
@TC:
I too was having trouble with this and it was driving me crazy. First off, there is nothing wrong with your timing. The thing that people seem to fail to mention is that the anti air giant swing will only connect after certain combos/juggles/hits. I found this out the hard way. This was most likely done for balancing purposes. Can you imagine how OP Tina would be if she could connect the anti air giant swing after everything and anything? That move does tons of damage.

That's true. The hold that I described only works on flying kicks that hit the middle of the body. It won't work for anything else.
---
#9oblivionpro(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 12:15:12 AM
could I get a few examples of combos where it WILL work
#10V_G_FanPosted 7/26/2013 8:49:14 AM
oblivionpro posted...
could I get a few examples of combos where it WILL work

Ok, so you're asking for some combos now. Try these two: 1) Triple Wrangler to Giant Swing, 2) Mid Kick Hook, Step Kick to Giant Swing
---