Anyone else think the bare feet look, is terrible?

#1cyric79Posted 8/1/2013 1:59:25 PM
After not playing for a while, I jumped on yesterday and DL'ed the complete set of the latest swimsuits.
Once I got the new outfits on screen, I realized how much worse they look, when the girls arent wearing shoes/high heels with them.
The whole, awesome stripper look has been replaced with some ugly, flat, low-poly hooves.
I then checked a youtube vid, to see the foot situation for the swimsuits in the upcoming DoA5U and was extremely disappointed to see that the girls are bare foot there too.
TN really should have left the stripper look in place IMO.
---
Check out my sexy DoA5 gallery http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/cyric79/DoA5%20Gallery/
#2DaimeionPosted 8/1/2013 3:27:15 PM
The feet are missing a lot of definition, and it looks a bit weird because you can barely see their ankles. Also the side of their feet(opposite from the arch) looks too straight, but strange enough their hands look really nice.
---
PSN: FateNightroad
#3ImaPCPosted 8/1/2013 5:43:08 PM
The whole, awesome stripper look has been replaced with some ugly, flat, low-poly hooves.

This sums it up perfectly. I'm more then willing to buy up every DLC costume pack they release, but any future swimwear packs that have the girl's bare foot, I will not buy. I'm even considering uninstalling and reinstalling all my DLC, just so I can not have that Getaway pack on my game anymore.
#4KrizmKazmPosted 8/2/2013 8:59:28 AM
well, you can thank your fellow community members for that, here at GameFaqs. People b**ched and b**ched about the girls having shoes with their bikini costumes. They complained so much that they listened to the community and removed them for the new outfits. Now people are complaining that they want the shoes back, figures.
#5tee316Posted 8/2/2013 10:49:31 AM
KrizmKazm posted...
well, you can thank your fellow community members for that, here at GameFaqs. People b**ched and b**ched about the girls having shoes with their bikini costumes. They complained so much that they listened to the community and removed them for the new outfits. Now people are complaining that they want the shoes back, figures.

This is the problem with most gaming communities. They whine for something and then when they get it, they complain and want the old way back.
#6cyric79(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 5:07:56 PM
ImaPC posted...

This sums it up perfectly. I'm more then willing to buy up every DLC costume pack they release, but any future swimwear packs that have the girl's bare foot, I will not buy. I'm even considering uninstalling and reinstalling all my DLC, just so I can not have that Getaway pack on my game anymore.

Whilst I wouldnt go so far as to uninstall the DLC, it looks so comparatively bad, it is pretty much unusable for me.

KrizmKazm posted...

This was the fist thing I thought when I saw the bare feet. That is, the people with a foot fetish will be happy, but it sucks for the rest of us.
Strippers, swimsuit runway models and swimwear beauty contestants all wear heels with their bikinis because it enhances the overall look of the outfit.
I really wish TN realized this, and stuck with what worked. >:(
---
Check out my sexy DoA5 gallery http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/cyric79/DoA5%20Gallery/
#7RadecSnipesUPosted 8/4/2013 2:25:38 PM
I personally feel they look better without shoes/heels because I just thought they looked silly. I think a shoe toggle option sounds like the best way to please both sides.
#8RadecSnipesUPosted 8/4/2013 2:37:32 PM
And cyric, don't worry so much because there's plenty of bikini packs that come with shoes. As of right now, there's only two bikini packs that have the girls' barefoot, the Getaway pack and 13 of the 14 bikinis in DOA5U (excluding Rachel). I have to admit it would be a big help if they would have full body shots of these bikinis (feet included) on the game's website so people will know just what they're buying.

@KrizmKazm Not trying to start an argument, but don't act like you haven't asked of have wanted for something to be changed or altered in a game before. I know you may not like it, but it least shows us that TN is keeping their ears open about what people are asking for, even for something as small as this.
#9cyric79(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 4:26:43 PM
RadecSnipesU posted...
And cyric, don't worry so much because there's plenty of bikini packs that come with shoes. As of right now, there's only two bikini packs that have the girls' barefoot, the Getaway pack and 13 of the 14 bikinis in DOA5U (excluding Rachel). I have to admit it would be a big help if they would have full body shots of these bikinis (feet included) on the game's website so people will know just what they're buying.

I went into training mode yesterday and compared the lower legs of Lisa with and without shoes.
When I did this, it became painfully obvious that TN artificially extended the lower legs in order to compensate for the missing footwear. This makes the lower leg look unusually long and thin, gives the girls rubber ankles and is one of the reasons the bare foot look is so bad IMO (the other ones being the costume looks incomplete and just plain, less sexy).
Off the top of my head, both Hitomi and Helena have AWESOME looking costumes in the upcoming CE pack. Now the barefoot look will make them both look considerably worse. So, TBH, Im not only worried about it, I am super p****d about it too.
An option to toggle shoes on or off is needed ASAP, IMO.
---
#10RadecSnipesUPosted 8/4/2013 6:04:36 PM
I can't argue with you there, I've noticed this for quite some time. I've tested the exact same thing with Christie myself and noticed that during her win poses her "ankles" just go all crazy and bend in really unnatural ways. I can't say they'd be "Incomplete" exactly but I take it in a bit more realistic tone about it. I agree, they both look very nice but in all honestly it didn't surprise me to see them barefoot since one thing I noticed is that the barefoot bikinis are much more simple in their design compared to others that have shoes. I'm the same way, adding a shoe toggle is the best way to fix this for both sides, but how should it be implemented if it were added like the other accessories in the game?