Anyone else think the bare feet look, is terrible?

#11cyric79(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 7:58:31 PM
RadecSnipesU posted...
I'm the same way, adding a shoe toggle is the best way to fix this for both sides, but how should it be implemented if it were added like the other accessories in the game?

For footwear to be toggled on or off, the mesh that makes up lower part of the leg would need to be swapped with its shoe/shoe-less counterpart. That would make it different to the other customization options, because a mesh is just being added or subtracted there, not replaced.
Im sure its do-able, its just a question of whether TN will ever do it.
Considering how lazy they were with a considerable amount of the DLC outfits, I would have to lean towards them being too lazy to implement a shoe toggle option too.
These poor girls have been mutilated due to poor decisions :'(
---
Check out my sexy DoA5 gallery http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/cyric79/DoA5%20Gallery/
#12RadecSnipesUPosted 8/4/2013 9:20:29 PM
cyric79 posted...
RadecSnipesU posted...
I'm the same way, adding a shoe toggle is the best way to fix this for both sides, but how should it be implemented if it were added like the other accessories in the game?

For footwear to be toggled on or off, the mesh that makes up lower part of the leg would need to be swapped with its shoe/shoe-less counterpart. That would make it different to the other customization options, because a mesh is just being added or subtracted there, not replaced.
Considering how lazy they were with a considerable amount of the DLC outfits, I would have to lean towards them being too lazy to implement a shoe toggle option too.

I'm sure they can do it, but I highly doubt they will also. I completely agree about the DLC outfits, the remaining DLC right now exceeds over $60 and will probably go even higher after DOA5U releases. I really hope they put this stuff on sale if they ever expect anyone to buy their DLC. I'd like to have it but I don't have money I can just throw away for a few digital costumes. I'm happy that they catered to both sides, but I don't approve of the way they went about it. The ankles still weird me out with they way they moved, surely there could've been a better to go about it.

I also appreciate you being civil about all this, which is exceedingly rare here.
#13cyric79(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 1:16:04 AM
RadecSnipesU posted...
cyric79 posted...
RadecSnipesU posted...

I'm sure they can do it, but I highly doubt they will also. I completely agree about the DLC outfits, the remaining DLC right now exceeds over $60 and will probably go even higher after DOA5U releases. I really hope they put this stuff on sale if they ever expect anyone to buy their DLC. I'd like to have it but I don't have money I can just throw away for a few digital costumes. I'm happy that they catered to both sides, but I don't approve of the way they went about it. The ankles still weird me out with they way they moved, surely there could've been a better to go about it.

I also appreciate you being civil about all this, which is exceedingly rare here.

I just want whats best for guys who like looking at hot chicks.
---
Check out my sexy DoA5 gallery http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/cyric79/DoA5%20Gallery/
#14BurningFlareXPosted 8/5/2013 6:49:54 AM
RadecSnipesU posted...
cyric79 posted...
RadecSnipesU posted...

Nope. Wrong. Just visit the DOA5U boards, more than half the people there are willing to WASTE more money on this costume DLC milking crap. Even if they sell a bikini pack for 20$, people would still buy it, because seeing some (pixel) girls in some (More pixel) bikinis (That look quite similar to each other) are so important to them. And TN is REALLY well aware of this.
At first, we were getting normal (-ish) DLC costumes, but if you've noticed, there was a horrible rise in the amount of bikinis after the first bikini DLC's success.
Eventually, even Capcom will say "Okay, that's just wrong." at TN's ways of DLC.
---
I....I need....a hug...
#15CeeEsbeePosted 8/6/2013 4:16:31 AM
Good thing the dudes in their Fighter Packs doesn't look different with or without shoes.
#16xhominidPosted 8/6/2013 4:17:38 PM
BurningFlareX posted...
Nope. Wrong. Just visit the DOA5U boards, more than half the people there are willing to WASTE more money on this costume DLC milking crap. Even if they sell a bikini pack for 20$, people would still buy it, because seeing some (pixel) girls in some (More pixel) bikinis (That look quite similar to each other) are so important to them. And TN is REALLY well aware of this.
At first, we were getting normal (-ish) DLC costumes, but if you've noticed, there was a horrible rise in the amount of bikinis after the first bikini DLC's success.
Eventually, even Capcom will say "Okay, that's just wrong." at TN's ways of DLC.

*laughs uncontrollably*
#17cyric79(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 7:32:15 PM
BurningFlareX posted...
RadecSnipesU posted...
cyric79 posted...
RadecSnipesU posted...

I will buy ANY costume DLC pack, as long as it looks good (this will usually involve skimpy outfits).
The problem with the latest swimsuits and the upcoming ones is that they dont look good (because of the bare feet).
---
#18GlLGAMESHPosted 8/9/2013 3:43:07 PM
I wouldn't mind them being barefoot at all if it wasn't for the fact that they half-assed it by extending their ankles and not investing much care into the design. The feet are too flat, the toes are very jagged, and they have no ankle bones.

Fortunately, I can sometimes find a good position/angle with photo mode to get a nice barefoot shot that doesn't look too awkward.

The length and curl of the toes looks good along with the inside arch, but they need more polygons. With just a little more time and effort I think TN could have given the girls some very pretty feet, but instead we are stuck with a half-assed attempt.
#19RadecSnipesUPosted 8/28/2013 9:05:05 AM
CeeEsbee posted...
Good thing the dudes in their Fighter Packs doesn't look different with or without shoes.

It's because the guys shoes don't elevate their feet like the girls' shoes do.