The desolate state of this board astounds me.

#1cloudstrife9999Posted 4/1/2012 11:57:18 AM
I came here hoping for a plot discussion or two, but two pages with 17 topics, including this one?

Yowza. Why the lukewarm reception? This game is stylish, easy to pick up, and worth every penny you pay for it.
---
Whatever happens to happen always happens for the worst,
and if the worst is yet to happen I hope it happens to you first.
#2whyterose86Posted 4/1/2012 2:13:15 PM
I totally agree man. This game is right up there with the big boys on PSN but people are totally missing it. You have to appreciate these indie developers like Tyler G so we can keep getting their product:v) This game is truly awesome though, so eventually it'll pick up due to word of mouth. I think people would jump all over it at $10 though
#3DualGreenPosted 4/1/2012 4:14:01 PM
"I came here hoping for a plot discussion or two, but two pages with 17 topics, including this one?"

There's a lot of plot discussion in my "is there a bad end" thread.

- - - - - - - -

I'm also pretty bewildered at the state of this board. It's not as though I expected this game to have a lot of reception, but this is very surprisingly quiet for a GameFAQs board for a new PSN release. People seem to be very capricious with their moods about buying games they perceive as "indie" or "artsy," and I'm guessing a lot of people consider themselves satiated on that front with their recent purchase of Journey.

The thing is, Closure doesn't actually rely very heavily on its presentation as its source of entertainment; it's first and foremost a puzzle game (unlike Limbo, which relied more on its presentation). I think its a victim of being advertised as an "art game" just after the release of one of the most well-received "art games" ever. It doesn't help it's an exclusive to the same platform that the "art game" in question is.

I really think this game would have fared a lot better on XBLA, at least with the timing of its release. It's a really good thing that PSN actually released this with a demo (I have no idea why they do this for so few exclusive titles), otherwise I wouldn't have picked it up.
#4DualGreenPosted 4/1/2012 4:15:49 PM
"I think its a victim of being advertised as an "art game" just after the release of one of the most well-received "art games" ever. It doesn't help it's an exclusive to the same platform that the "art game" in question is."

Just to clarify, I'm talking about Journey, here.
#5Rasputin77Posted 4/2/2012 5:05:49 AM
I'm here now. ;)
---
In fighting games, you use moves over and over again. Apparently, "spam" is using moves over and over again.
... Feel smarter yet?
#6Vaco_DeusPosted 4/2/2012 10:30:15 AM
I think its because its a puzzler. Limbo was a platformer.

People aren't into puzzlers anymore. Also the price point. $15 is a little hard to swallow. I got Limbo for half that. I agree with the above statement that for 10 bucks people'll be all over it. I'm personally waiting for a PS+ sale then I'd pick it up
#7TralariPosted 4/6/2012 5:42:51 PM
Yeah $15 is a bit much for me. I'm already satiated with games but this looks good. I'd pick it up for $10.
#8The_Ecstatic329Posted 4/7/2012 6:24:29 PM
I'm thinking of purchasing it tonight. It reminds me of Braid in that you need to think to solve the levels. When I do purchase it I will not look for spoilers. Unfortunately I had to view a few ways for puzzle pieces in Braid that seemed pretty damn tough to figure out. Not in this one though, I'll suck it up and try finishing it alone haha.
---
It's spelled ridiculous not rediculous.
#9The_Ecstatic329Posted 4/8/2012 12:06:28 PM
I didn't know what Limbo was until reading here. I may check it out as well after viewing video's it looks pretty cool to.
---
It's spelled ridiculous not rediculous.
#10gm914Posted 4/8/2012 2:23:51 PM
Never heard of Limbo!? That's rediculous!

;)
---
SH_NANIG_NS! Just add EA.