The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Dragon Names

#1turtley_turtle1Posted 5/27/2012 9:23:52 AM
What unique names do you guys have for your dragons? I love naming all of mine individually! Currently, I'm about to name some dragons this:

Emerald - Emerelda
Panlong(second) - Lóng
Dodo - Dodilio

What about you guys? :)
---
I love all the many charms about you. Above all, I want my arms around you. My sweet, embraceable you. <3
#2SqualILeonhartPosted 5/27/2012 11:59:56 AM
It was a challenge naming all 50 of my panlongs but my first 5 were named Genbu, Byakko, Suzaku, Seiryu and Kirin
---
To Enjoy is to Excel
#3GoudenDraakPosted 5/27/2012 10:36:37 PM
I try to pick names that are related to the dragon in some way. Ie - Crystal dragon is Quartz, Blazing Dragon is Phoenix, Plant dragon is Briar, Lava dragon is Magma, Storm Dragon is Jupiter, etc.
#4turtley_turtle1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2012 7:04:14 AM
All my dragon's, in some way shape or form, have a name that is related to them. For example:

My first Plant Dragon is named Clover. Simple.
My mine dragon is named Nveryff. This is a corruption of In The Ruff which I associate with diamonds.

I like them!
---
I love all the many charms about you. Above all, I want my arms around you. My sweet, embraceable you. <3
#5Air_Dragon_1Posted 5/28/2012 4:28:35 PM
Most of my names are simple... Love dragons are Passion and Flirt, plants are Buttercup and Agro, butterflies are Flutter and Rajaton (they wrote a song called Butterfly), crystal dragon is Prism, water is Fish, lighting is Jolt, lichen is Ancient, my leap year dragons are Argentum and Aurum (silver and gold), I have a whole park full of dragons, hence a ton of names.

My panlong names are awful ">.> I have 36 of them... Skytooth, Celebrate, Festival, Candle, Confetti, Oriental, Terra, Song, Lair, Obsidian, Sparkler, Majesty, Avon, ect... If I like the default name, I keep it ^_^
---
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
#6__Darujhistan__Posted 5/29/2012 8:38:15 AM
Plant Dragon #1: Dratini - Named after the Pokemon
Plant Dragon #2: Plantapus - A hilarious pun on the platypus
Plant Dragon #3: Tarzanite - I dunno. Something about Tarzan
Plant Dragon #4: Shishigam - Should have been Shishigami, but character space ran out. A god in Princess Mononoke
Fire Dragon #1: Smaug - Dragon in The Hobbit
Fire Dragon #2: Rhaegar - Character in A Song of Ice and Fire. A son of House Targaryen, closely related to dragons and fire
Flower Dragon #1: Skunk - Named so because there's a skunk in Bambi named flower
Flower Dragon #2: York - Named after the royal house of York who's emblem was a white rose (flower, get it?)
Poison Dragon: Oberyn - Character in A Song of Ice and Fire, known for his use of poison
Blazing Dragon: Nick - Nickname for Phoenix (Wright) in the Ace Attorney series
Scorch Dragon #1: Spyro - Duh
Scorch Dragon #2: Zapp - Its automated name was Zap, so I changed it to Zapp in reference to Zapp Brannigan from Futurama
Firefly Dragon #1: Hotaru - First word of the Japanese title of Grave of the Fireflies (Hotaru no Haka). No idea what it means.
Firefly Dragon #2: Rufus - Named after Rufus T. Firefly, a character in Duck Soup played by Groucho Marx
Butterfly Dragon #1: Mothra - Again, duh
Butterfly Dragon #2: Venomoth - Named after the Pokemon
Lightning Dragon #1 Grinder - Dunno, really
Lightning Dragon #2: Mjolner - Named after Thor's hammer
Cactus Dragon #1: Pokey - Pretty self-explanatory
Cactus Dragon #2: Cacty - A pun on the plural of cactus, being it is the second one
Air Dragon #1: Evrae - A flying dragon in Final Fantasy X
Air Dragon #2: Altana - The zombie form of Evrae in Final Fantasy X
Willow Dragon: Rosenberg - Named after Willow Rosenberg, a character in Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Sonic Dragon: Zubat - Named after the Pokemon
Water Dragon #1: Lagiacrus - Named after the Leviathan wyvern in Monster Hunter Tri
Water Dragon #2: Livjatan - Danish for Leviathan
Swamp Dragon #1: Grauballe - A place in Denmark famous for a body found in bog. Bogs are similar to swamps. >_>
Swamp Dragon #2: Thing - As in Swamp Thing
Seaweed Dragon #1: Flotsam - As in flotsam and jetsam
Seaweed Dragon #2: Kelp - Why indeed.
Fog Dragon: Misty - No reason in particular
Cold Dragon #1: Barioth - Named after the Flying Wyvern of the same name in Monster Hunter Tri
Cold Dragon #2: Nuke - Its automated name was Fridge, so I changed it to Nuke in reference in the scene in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull where they "Nuke the fridge"
Iceberg Dragon: Titanic - Yeah, I wonder what the reference is...
Storm Dragon: Daenerys - A Character from A Song of Ice and Fire, called Stormborn
Lichen Dragon: Raziel - Named after the character from Legacy of Kain
Ice Dragon: Brandon - Named after Brandon the Builder, a legendary character in A Song of Ice and Fire who built a giant wall made out of pure ice
Bloom Dragon #1: Spring - Because I'm very unoriginal
Bloom Dragon #2: Eggman - Because, like, easter eggs and stuff. Also Sonic the Hedgehog
Frostfire Dragon: Jon - Named after Jon Snow, a character in A Song of ICE and FIRE (get it?)
Blue Fire Dragon: TARDIS - Named after Doctor Who's very, very blue time machine
Snow Dragon: Named after Ramsay Snow, yet another character in A Song of Ice and Fire
---
"Then her finger moved in the moonlight, Her musket shattered the moonlight,
Shattered her breast in the moonlight and warned him with her death."
#7__Darujhistan__Posted 5/29/2012 8:46:39 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8__Darujhistan__Posted 5/29/2012 8:48:10 AM
Earth Dragon #1: Draco - Named after the dragon in Dragonheart
Earth Dragon #2: Hammer - I honestly don't know
Tree Dragon: Biff - The goal for the Tree Dragon was called "Make like a Tree" or something, which made me think of the character in Back to the Future who had trouble with that exact line
Mountain Dragon: Fuji - That was its automated name and I rather liked it
Moss Dragon: Barroth - Named after the Brute Wyvern in Monster Hunter Tri
Sakura Dragon #1: Nippon - Japanese for Japan
Sakura Dragon #2: Kojiki - An ancient text of Japanese myths
Mud Dragon: Clayface - Named after the Batman villain
Lava Dragon: Prometeus - Not enough space to write Prometheus, the name of the Greek god who gave fire to mankind
Sandstorm Dragon: Raraku - Named after the Holy Desert Raraku in The Malazan Book of the Fallen
Crystal Dragon: Laputa - Named after the floating island Laputa in Hayao Miyazaki's Laputa: Castle in the Sky, which is powered by crystals
Quake Dragon: 2012 - Quakes, disaster, etc.
Metal Dragon #1: Aggron - Named after the Pokemon
Metal Dragon #2: Manowar - Named after the metal band
Chrome Dragon: Skarmory - Named after the Pokemon
Iron Dragon: Zion - Named after the Bob Marley song 'Iron Lion Zion'
Steel Dragon #1: Krom - Named after the god of steel in Conan the Barbarian (Arnold movie)
Steel Dragon #2: Spy - Its automated name was Tinker so I changed it to Spy in reference to the novel Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
Mine Dragon #1: Moria - Named after the Mines of Moria in The Lord of the Rings
Mine Dragon #2: Dobbs - Named after Humphrey Bogart's character in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Brass Dragon: Hydra - In reference to the reptilian monster in Greek mythology with several heads
Magnetic Dragon: Magneton - Named after the Pokemon
Rust Dragon: RiverSong - Named after the character River Song in Doctor Who
Sun Dragon: Laurelin - Named after the tree Laurelin in Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium, the fruit of which became the sun
Emerald Dragon: Esmeralda - Its similar to emerald
---
If my post looks like crap, I'm probably posting from my iPad.
#9turtley_turtle1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 8:15:32 PM
The above two posts are epic win. :D
---
#10CSCCPosted 6/5/2012 1:14:37 PM
I got lazy, they're all Pokemon names

Lichen: Aggron
Clover: Chansey
Plant: Serperior
Tree: Sudowoodo
Ice: Vaporeon
Iceberg: Wailord
Fog: Altaria
Swamp: Swampert
Current: Elektross
Seaweed: Ludocolo
Water: Gyrados
Sandstorm: Tyranitar
Willow: Tangrowth
Snow: Walrein
Air: Drifblim
Lightning: Jolteon
Plasma: Lanturn
Cactus: Cacturne
Sonic: Vespiquen
Scorch: Amphiros
Blazing: Rapidash
Firefly: Yanmega
Bone: Gengar
Poison: Seviper
Butterfly: Beautifly
Sakura: Cherrim
Love: Luvdisc
Flower: Bellossum
Magnet: Magnezone
Brass: Hydraegon
Chrome: Skarmory
Metal: Rampardos
Lava: Camerupt
Fire: Charizard
Earth: Rhyperior
Mud: Muk
Storm: Vanilluxe
Cold: Glaceon
Reindeer: Stantler
Bloom: Lopunny
Frostfire: Druddigon
Steel: Garchomp
Mine: Probopass
Bluefire: Salamence
Dodo: Farfetch'd
Iron: Bastiodon
Quake: Gigalith
Crystal: Glalie
Mountain: Mamoswine
Moss: Parasect
Panlong:
set 1: Reshiram Zekrom Kyurem
set 2: Tornadus Thundurus Landorus
set 3: Kyogre Groundon Rayquaza
set 4: Dialga Palkia Giratina
Sun: Solrock, Heatran, Ho oh
Moon: Lunatone, Cresslia, Lugia
Rainbow: Deoxys, Jirachi, Mewtwo, Genesect, Keldeo
Leap Year: Arceus
---
-Robot dinosaurs might be useful... You have my authorization!
-Autobots TRANSFORM-not you Bumblebee, Stay here.