multiple Opal dragons worth it?

#1ResidentEvilWebPosted 10/4/2012 1:30:08 PM
I've got my Opal dragon early this month, and I was wondering, should I breed a second one? Possibly to put two opal dragons in my gemstone habitat to speed up gem production. Should I breed for a second Opal dragon or should I focus on other ones that I havent got yet like Panlong?
---
starting a Resident Evil Revelations fansite: www.residentevilweb.com
#2__Darujhistan__Posted 10/4/2012 1:48:51 PM
Second Opal for egg decoration.
---
A trench named Bingo Crepuscule? Why not Youppie Tralala?
-A Very Long Engagement
#3GoudenDraakPosted 10/4/2012 1:50:13 PM
Well, personally I would try for Panlong since he is hard to get and is only around for one year.

Gemstone dragons are cool (and I did breed multiples of the ones I liked) but eventually (I hope!) we'll have one of each for the 12 months and the habitat only supports 12 total.

I find one extra gem a week doesn't make a noticable impact on my game.
#4BDzaPosted 10/4/2012 2:20:34 PM(edited)
Up to you really. Do you wanna fill up gemstone island and get 12 gems a week from it or just get 1 extra to use as an egg decoration? Is it worth it for you to try and fill the gem island up or should you work on breeding more dragons that earn you more gold?

I think it is best to establish a good amount of habitats to earn gold and work on filling gem stone islands after that. You are going to need a TON of gold to pay for all those treats the dragons need to level up. But maybe you already have a good way to rake in the gold so it might be worth it to earn a few extra gems a week.
---
<G>A Brother who always helps the widow's son; are you a traveling man too?<G>
Addicted to->Xenoblade
#5Cix_el_SydPosted 10/4/2012 4:09:54 PM
I breed 2 of each dragon. For non-gemstone dragons this serves to be able to breed additional dragons or eggs without failure and for all dragons, it allows me to have 1 adult and 1 adult fountained back to baby.
#6ClayfaceLinkADBPosted 10/4/2012 10:30:32 PM
Cix_el_Syd posted...
I breed 2 of each dragon. For non-gemstone dragons this serves to be able to breed additional dragons or eggs without failure and for all dragons, it allows me to have 1 adult and 1 adult fountained back to baby.

That's what I do; 1 adult/1 fountained. I do this with my gemstone dragons as well. Keep in mind that an egg garden isn't complete without every possible egg in it.
---
Never under estimate your audience; they're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment. Col Cam Mitchell SG-1 #200
#7ResidentEvilWeb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 2:33:54 AM
Thanks for the replies! I think I'll focus on getting two Panlong dragons, so that I can cross those of my list. When I got those, I'll try to get one more Opal dragon for the egg.
---
#8ResidentEvilWeb(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 4:35:50 AM
BDza posted...
Up to you really. Do you wanna fill up gemstone island and get 12 gems a week from it or just get 1 extra to use as an egg decoration? Is it worth it for you to try and fill the gem island up or should you work on breeding more dragons that earn you more gold?

I think it is best to establish a good amount of habitats to earn gold and work on filling gem stone islands after that. You are going to need a TON of gold to pay for all those treats the dragons need to level up. But maybe you already have a good way to rake in the gold so it might be worth it to earn a few extra gems a week.

I've got two Blue Moon dragons, so money isn't the issue at the moment. got 54 million. I'll continue breeding for more Opals on the island, and Panlong in the cave.
---
#9bonoboboPosted 10/5/2012 5:42:15 AM
Just to add a line ...

when you will be done breeding 1 each gemstone drake you'll have 12,
which is the max drakes for that island.

If you dont care to have multiples instead of having 1 of every different drakes
then you are free to try getting as many as you can every month, inbetween
grabbing all the others you have on your list.

The point here is :
if your goal is 1 of every kind, all extras wont serve you much as you will
have to get ridd of em to open space for newcomers.
They dont breed, and cant go to habitats ...

The real key for gem is having a strong 6 guys daily circle. [ Bonsai-Tree ]
( No loosers sending a gem every once in a while )
---
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift : no wonder why we call it present ...