The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

loved MGS4

#1bleach209Posted 6/26/2012 4:37:35 AM
will this satisfy me?? or should i purchase this on the ps3??
---
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (Saviour of the Franchise)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ksyiJ8YjtbU
#2Ben ReillyPosted 6/26/2012 4:44:40 AM
If you loved MGS4 how is this even a question?

Go out and buy this game NOW

And ideally you should get both the PS3 and the Vita Versions so you can transfar your game save between the two of them. Earning trophies and continuing your progress no matter where you are.
---
Lebatard: "So what more could Derrick Rose actually have done to make you acknowledge that he had a bad game? Urinate on himself?"
#3trenkenPosted 6/26/2012 6:22:55 AM(edited)
Im a big MGS fans and strongly believe 4 is the worst in the series, so yeah, if you like that you'll love these games.

The gameplay isnt quite as strong in MGS1/2 since they're a bit limited, but still fun and playable, and 3 is the absolute best in the series IMO.

MGS1 isnt included unfortunately, but you can play it on your PS3.

---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#4PerfectHeadshotPosted 6/26/2012 6:35:22 AM
trenken posted...
Im a big MGS fans and strongly believe 4 is the worst in the series, so yeah, if you like that you'll love these games.

The gameplay isnt quite as strong in MGS1/2 since they're a bit limited, but still fun and playable, and 3 is the absolute best in the series IMO.

Whoa. I have never seen a MGS4 hater in my life up until this point. I cannot believe what I am reading. In my honest opinion, MGS4 skyrocketed the franchise in terms of both innovation and in fame.
---
What's with the pirate hate any way? They go argh and steal booty from people's ships and don't forget about their parrots!
-Zalker
#5KGTriggerPosted 6/26/2012 6:48:26 AM
Ben Reilly posted...

And ideally you should get both the PS3 and the Vita Versions so you can transfar your game save between the two of them. Earning trophies and continuing your progress no matter where you are.

That's an absurd waste of money.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#6trenkenPosted 6/26/2012 6:52:11 AM
PerfectHeadshot posted...
trenken posted...

Whoa. I have never seen a MGS4 hater in my life up until this point. I cannot believe what I am reading. In my honest opinion, MGS4 skyrocketed the franchise in terms of both innovation and in fame.

Yeah I'm definitely a legit hater. Ive seen many people that dont like MGS4. I was listening to their official podcast for months leading up to the release and found out much influence Gears of War had on MGS4. It's one of Kojima's favorite games he said. Well when I got MGS4 I realized in many ways it was just way too similar to Gears. And I like Gears, but did it really need to creep it's way into an MGS game? It became too much of a 3rd person cover shoot action game. That's not what MGS is.

Not only that, but much of what I loved about MGS was ruined with MGS4. In the past it was all about procure on site. A real stealth and survival mission. Well MGS4 was too stupid easy. Snakes arsenal was so ridiculously overpowered, AND being able to press start and buy ammo? Come on now. Easily worst game in the franchise. MGS3 takes a steaming dump all over MGS4.

I realized unless you were doing a no alert run, there was no reason to sneak around. No penalty for getting caught since even on the harder difficulties you could waste everyone in the area in 30 seconds. I just gunned my way all the way through the game 3 times in a row each on a harder difficulty and never once used stealth. That really sucks.

Anyway, yeah definitely buy the collection, far better sneaking and stealth games than MGS4 is.
---
3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3/Vita | CygnusZero
#7ReDDevil2112Posted 6/26/2012 8:02:16 AM
trenken posted...

MGS4 tends to be very divisive. It's often either clearly the best or by far the worst title in the series depending on who you ask. I think it's a lot like MGS2 in that sense, which is either seen as a convoluted mess or a postmodern masterpiece (although I think MGS4 has a lot more positive credit than MGS2, just saying both titles have the fanbase somewhat split). Personally I would rank it below Snake Eater but above Sons of Liberty. It wasnt perfect (I think my biggest issue was the lack of gameplay in the latter half of the game), but it was still an amazing experience, highly creative and exceptionally well produced. It's definitely one of my favorite games of this generation. But I see why people have issues with it, although I think sometimes people tend to exaggerate how "bad" it is.
---
Seems like my advice had no effect! Suffer like G did?
#8TPFInfernoPosted 6/26/2012 9:45:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9TPFInfernoPosted 6/26/2012 9:47:46 AM
You can tell that Kojima really wanted MGS4 to be the last in the series just by the production value and ending. TC, I'll admit that I played MGS4 first and I completely fell in love with it that I bought the entire series afterwards.

The only problem you will face is gameplay mechanics. Going from MGS4 to MGS1-3 is very difficult due to the one of the mechanics that was introduced in MGS4, crouch walking. Despite what many people say, crouch walking really changed the way you play the MGS series and the fact that the feature was introduced in 4 will have you cringing while playing the older games, at times.

Nevertheless, I recommend picking up this for your Vita. MGS2 and MGS3 are both wonderful games in their own right. I think the hardest adjustment will be in MGS3 due to the use of camouflage. MGS4 will spoil you due to the automatic adjustments of the suit, where you have to manually change your camo in MGS3 and carefully look at your camo index.

Buy this!
#10carnivalofsinsPosted 6/26/2012 11:12:36 AM
Ben Reilly posted...

I just bought the PS3 version to tranfar trophies. lol.
---
PSN- carnivalofsins