"Why are you late with your status report?"

#1ReDDevil2112Posted 7/16/2012 9:19:02 PM(edited)
"What's going on? Respond!"

Here's to you, HQ guy we never see. I love how this shows up in every MGS without fail (except the first one IIRC), to me its almost like "!", just wouldn't be right without it. I always thought it was a great touch though, made the AI seem so much more coordinated and advanced. Anyone feel the same?

"Communications have ceased! Carry out an investigation immediately."
---
Seems like my advice had no effect! Suffer like G did?
#2calvinliangPosted 7/16/2012 10:26:56 PM
I think AI in MGS2 was more advanced than MGS3. They would get into squads and clear the area room by room. MGS3 they more or less just pour in a whole bunch of guys and swarm the place.
---
---
PSN ID: CaptCalvin
#3wantfastcarsPosted 7/17/2012 7:55:52 AM
calvinliang posted...
I think AI in MGS2 was more advanced than MGS3. They would get into squads and clear the area room by room.
---

Of course, at least on Normal difficulty, you could hide in a cardboard box in the middle of the deck of an oil tanker and they wouldn't care. So while they did do room by room sweeps, they weren't necessarily... smart about it.
---
Currently Playing: Gravity Rush, Killing Floor, WipEout 2048, Borderlands
#4SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 7/17/2012 9:30:43 AM
The AI in MGS2 reflected tactics appropriate for the situation...
Same with MGS3. Not a matter of the AI being more advanced, just the tactics being more appropriate/advanced.
---
In blackest day, in brightest night, Beware your fears made into light Let those who try to stop what's right, Burn like my power*... Sinestro's might!
#5Anodyne11Posted 7/17/2012 9:42:14 AM
wantfastcars posted...
Of course, at least on Normal difficulty, you could hide in a cardboard box in the middle of the deck of an oil tanker and they wouldn't care. So while they did do room by room sweeps, they weren't necessarily... smart about it.

Depends. If you're out of their way they don't care. If you're in the way though then they will check the box.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#6Anodyne11Posted 7/18/2012 8:09:36 AM
"Return to your positions!"

You can probably guess what I was just playing xD
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#7LtRickGreyPosted 7/18/2012 1:06:25 PM
Mgs4 on extreme has some of the best enemy ai i've seen to date.
#8PhaildPosted 7/18/2012 1:43:41 PM
MGS2 is definitely my favorite when it comes to enemies. It was bit disappointing that they eventually toned the enemy reinforcements further into the series.

Loved seeing Attack Teams in MGS2 busting through with their ballistic shields, vests and shotguns.
---
Days left in Service: 0 / That's that
Good, good, bad, good, ba- What the hell? - Senior Lieutenant Westerberg
#9akshat_316Posted 7/20/2012 8:53:34 AM
ReDDevil2112 posted...
"What's going on? Respond!"

Here's to you, HQ guy we never see. I love how this shows up in every MGS without fail (except the first one IIRC), to me its almost like "!", just wouldn't be right without it. I always thought it was a great touch though, made the AI seem so much more coordinated and advanced. Anyone feel the same?

"Communications have ceased! Carry out an investigation immediately."

The voice acting of the HQ guy was amazing.Sent shivers down my spine when he spoke(I run away from where ever I am and hide in a corner of the room).
---
I will tell you why oppose rhymes with dispose
PSN:brickcap
#10PS2112Posted 7/20/2012 8:04:43 PM
He does capture that authoritarian voice well. All the HQ guys are great, but MGS2s is best.
---
Light is but a farewell gift from the darkness to those on their way to die. -- The Boss, MGS3