The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Sexualized female main character, and you play as a boy.

#1PoorCountryPosted 6/2/2012 4:57:40 PM
Creepy question, but what can you speculate as to the relationship between the Witch and your dude? Atlus tends to dangle sexuality in front of the protagonist, but I don't see how that could work in this game without turning the main character human. So I'm wondering, is it just that "sex sells," or is this design choice backed by a certain creative vision?
#2iamdemon21Posted 6/4/2012 3:29:44 PM
ATLUS isnt making this game and they dont have anything to do with the game its being made by NISAMERICA so whatever ATLUS does in their games wont have any effect in this game are you sure your not thinking of a different game?
#3jrels0583Posted 6/5/2012 5:45:28 PM
I didn't know NIS America was making this game. I assumed that it was made by Nippon Ichi Software. I must say that I'm a little surprised since NISA is just a localization and publishing company, but I guess now they're now a full fledged Japanese game developer in California, USA.
#4zero829Posted 6/6/2012 9:46:49 PM
jrels0583 posted...
I didn't know NIS America was making this game. I assumed that it was made by Nippon Ichi Software. I must say that I'm a little surprised since NISA is just a localization and publishing company, but I guess now they're now a full fledged Japanese game developer in California, USA.

:/
---
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9711/4cebbcec040d6d9c5ed8d25.jpg
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1818/gagaballrun.jpg
#5iamdemon21Posted 6/7/2012 5:29:20 PM
if you clearly read what gamefaqs has on release data it says NISAMERICA is working on the US and EU versions of the game not the japanese version thats Nippon ichi department
#6hardcore rpg gamerPosted 6/11/2012 9:39:43 AM
NISA handles no coding whatsoever. They'll take care of the translation and localization, and then hand it off to NIS to take care of the rest.
---
The sentence below is true.
The sentence above is false.
#7RykenInversePosted 6/15/2012 10:26:03 AM
Your order's backwards there - they can't really hand off anything to NIS, since NIS has to make the game before NISA can translate it.
---
"US release (of SRW) is about as likely to happen as an uncensored broadcast TV primetime showing of Urotsukidoji" ~Guruda
#8BDSMKanePosted 6/15/2012 8:53:26 PM
I am getting damn tired of this topic and people doing nothing more than posting corrections.

1) Game is being made by NIS.
2) Game is being localized by NISA.
3) NIS -will- have to approve anything that NISA wants to do during localization and they -may- even do the coding themselves. I can't say for certain about that last part, but I've heard before(and not just in this thread) that NISA doesn't handle that at all.
4) Is anyone going to actually post a reply to the original TC?

PoorCountry posted...
Creepy question, but what can you speculate as to the relationship between the Witch and your dude? Atlus tends to dangle sexuality in front of the protagonist, but I don't see how that could work in this game without turning the main character human. So I'm wondering, is it just that "sex sells," or is this design choice backed by a certain creative vision?

You make an interesting point, and I honestly am wondering who the true protagonist of the two is. Also to my understanding, the main guy following is just 1/100 equal guys, but the inclusion of one particular individual would lead to him being more important. I am almost wondering if perhaps you play more the role of a submissive familiar and a passive protagonist, the world is being played out before your eyes but you are unable to influence it much beyond your relationship with the Witch. However I haven't kept up to date with any story information from NIS, so all I can do is speculate.
---
"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order, a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."
#9will57Posted 6/19/2012 4:52:34 PM(edited)
There isn't really any information on this game yet, or at least as far as i'm aware of.

Anyway though I assume that you (the player) control one of the 100 minions and that the witch who has yet to be named is the main character.

At the moment I also think that the minions are probably nothing more than just that, minions. Expendable and loyal knights created/summoned by the witch. In a way I would say they could be compared to the prinnies in Disgaea for those who are familiar with the series.

Too early to really tell if any of this is the actual plan on course so as said before this is just my own assumption and nothing else, although I must admit it might be more interesting if the role of a minion was fleshed out.

Well the main site should be up sometime within this year so we will probably get plenty of new information by then. Another difference about this game is that unlike the most recent localization's by NISA this game has yet to even be released in Japan which is most likely why there is such a lack of information so far.
---
Currently playing Atelier Meruru. Currently waiting the release of Mugen Souls (Fall 2012), Guild Wars 2 (?/?/2012) and The Witch and 100 Knights (2013).
#10Dark_ManXPosted 7/19/2012 6:26:45 PM
when I first saw th witch and th knight I thought we were going to play as her, and th knight would be more like a pet... --''

Im eager to buy this game, really want to see a good gameplay vid, the images aint enough..

ps:
found this sexualized jp pre-order poster btw
http://www.wonder.co.jp/gfx/game/majo1.jpg
---
"Rules do not exist to bind us. They exist so you may know your freedoms." Nier