So, English version...

#1luckytintinnzPosted 12/25/2011 6:45:46 AM
It's coming!

To all the people who've already known this, good for you ;-).

Currently playing the 360 version. The game is in Japanese, but the unlocked achievements are in English. This means:

Yes, there will be an oversea release.
Yes, it will also be on Xbox360.

It feels so weird playing the game on the 360 controller though, the last warriors game I played on 360 was DW5: Empires, or maybe it was SW2: Empires.
---
OSU!!! VF5FS, SC5, DOA5, so many 5s in 2012!
#2DarkFistsPosted 12/25/2011 8:22:03 AM
Yes, them being in English does kinda confirm it, but skeptics will try and say that it isn't...then again, I'm trying to avoid getting excited myself, but as far as I can tell, the Orochi spinoffs actually sold better than DW7 over here
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#3ZeroJinKuiPosted 12/25/2011 9:09:46 AM
im just trying to avoid disappointment is all, warriors orochi Z was never released here, afterall.

english achievements still arent good enough proof, i mean look at the gameplay... several things are in english... when you pick up items, power ups, etc... the words that appear over the characters' heads are in english.

i think i saw a few other things in english when watching gameplay.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#4luckytintinnz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2011 9:55:32 AM
^ Then do you think they translate the achievements into English just for the importers? lol

Anyway, regardless of whether it's going to come oversea or not, I'm enjoying the game right now :D. It's really awesome :p.
---
#5NaturallyEvilPosted 12/25/2011 10:03:36 AM
But in case it doesn't get released here, the game disc is still region-free, right? I'm hoping I can still just play the Japanese version on my American PS3 without modding, like I'm doing with Musou Orochi Z.
#6DarkFistsPosted 12/25/2011 10:33:37 AM
ZeroJinKui posted...
im just trying to avoid disappointment is all, warriors orochi Z was never released here, afterall..

We did get Orochi Z though...in the form of the PSP version, which is exactly why we didn't get it...there'd be no new content
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#7JillVPosted 12/25/2011 12:14:21 PM

NaturallyEvil posted...
But in case it doesn't get released here, the game disc is still region-free, right? I'm hoping I can still just play the Japanese version on my American PS3 without modding, like I'm doing with Musou Orochi Z.

As far as I know all PS3 games have been region free  and I have yet to hear of a PS3 game not region free.

#8ZeroJinKuiPosted 12/25/2011 1:57:13 PM
DarkFists posted...
ZeroJinKui posted...
im just trying to avoid disappointment is all, warriors orochi Z was never released here, afterall..

We did get Orochi Z though...in the form of the PSP version, which is exactly why we didn't get it...there'd be no new content

the psp version sucked... it should've been on ps3.

it makes no sense because the ps3 didnt get ANY of the WO games...

we didnt get that... we didnt get SW3 on the ps3, even though japan did... we're stuck with it on the wii only...

im sure we'll be screwed out of this one, too...
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#9luckytintinnz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2011 4:23:41 PM

It's region free. I like almost everything about the game so far. Most of the cutscenes and conversations are pretty interesting and funny to listen to. So far, there are only two things I'm a bit disappointed about:

1. The 3 people special attack, it's kinda lame imo.
2. Musou Battlefield (the scenario editor) mode is not as good as I've imagined, but maybe it'll get better once I've unlocked more parts.
---
#10cosmos89Posted 12/25/2011 7:00:43 PM
I heard from somewhere that since this was released on the 360 as well, there will be an English version.

Kinda true since Orochi Z didn't release on the 360.

I believe we will hear about the news very soon, probably after new year.
---
The best thing about a secret is secretly telling someone your secret, thereby secretly adding another secret to their secret collection of secrets, secretly.