The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

question about missions and bond requirements.

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 3/31/2012 3:17:18 PM
ok, i notice there are "missions"... more like challenges/bonus objectives you can accept in stages.

they each show a character's face next to them, does that mean i can only succeed with that challenge if i have that character in my party?

meaning, even if i far exceed that mission's requirements, i'll still fail it unless that character shown is in my party?

if thats how it works, you shouldnt even be allowed to take them unless you meet the primary requirement, having the character in your party...

anyway, now... i finally reached chapter two and have two circular-icon stages at the bottom, one for ginchiyo, sun shangxiang, and xiao qiao, and the other with ma dai, hideyoshi, and goemon.

it says i need to raise their bonds... i've gotten the three girls' bond to the second bar, but that still isnt enough... im going to assume when these stages come along, i need to MAX OUT the bonds between the characters?

...if so, its kind of stupid putting "thresholds" in the bond bar... and saying "raise the bond", when they obviously mean "max out the bond".

i dont want to progress with the story until i've done these bond-related stages, which is gonna suck, these characters are gonna be completely maxed out in every way before im allowed to continue with the story... making them pointless to play as, really.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2ArethaiPosted 3/31/2012 3:21:29 PM
The way the missions work, you're accepting missions from the character you click. It has nothing to do who you're playing as.
As for the bonds for stage unlocking, you only need it get it past the first bar. Whatever your problem is, it lies elsewhere.
#3ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2012 3:55:41 PM
Arethai posted...
The way the missions work, you're accepting missions from the character you click. It has nothing to do who you're playing as.
As for the bonds for stage unlocking, you only need it get it past the first bar. Whatever your problem is, it lies elsewhere.

...then im confused, because the stage still wasnt selectable for me, and i know their bonds are past the first bar, because i hit the threshold, went to battle, and i got the "the bond has changed" message afterwards.

...guess i'll check it again, later... maybe i missed something.

ok, so the missions dont require specific characters? well, thats good to know... so, wait... if multiple characters offer the same challenge, i can get more than one completed at the same exact time?

one more question... what do you get for completing the jobs? just extra gems? or something more?
---
#4BladenytePosted 3/31/2012 4:01:25 PM
you can accept all the missions being offered before each battle.

completing them gives you +80 friendship, failing results in -40. thats all
---
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#5Xaldin0011Posted 3/31/2012 4:12:07 PM
ZeroJinKui posted...
Arethai posted...

...then im confused, because the stage still wasnt selectable for me, and i know their bonds are past the first bar, because i hit the threshold, went to battle, and i got the "the bond has changed" message afterwards.

...guess i'll check it again, later... maybe i missed something.

Hey, make sure to check the stage DESCRIPTION, not the recommended team for who you are increasing bonds for.

It's stupid as hell for it to be different, but it is.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
#6ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2012 5:02:20 PM(edited)
Xaldin0011 posted...
Hey, make sure to check the stage DESCRIPTION, not the recommended team for who you are increasing bonds for.

It's stupid as hell for it to be different, but it is.

...wait, the description DOES list the same people shown in the recommended team... atleast, for this one, it does... and the other one i see only lists goemon and hideyoshi, ma dai doesnt need to be involved in bonds.

but, nevermind that... i figured out what was wrong.

i only had high bonds between ginchiyo and the two girls... unfortunately, the bond wasnt a complete triangle, SSX and xiao qiao both only had the first bars, and i didnt break the thresholds between them.
---
#7YonimaruPosted 4/2/2012 6:17:20 AM
just noting:
the rank of the missions in battles also affects cost of point raises/decreases as wel.

i noticed with my first 'normal' ranked mission, and it increased more than the 'easy' ranks' +80. recall it was around +120? the decreases are generally -1/2 of whatever the increase would have been. (easy-40, normal-60, etc...)

and easy way to make sure you pass/fail them: menu-check missions. if it says failed, then it's likely one of those "no musou" or "life above__%" ones that you unknowingly missed. (the life ones i've learned still count the % as the whole battle, even after the kill count achieved...crappy, eh?)
---
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!