Chaos Reccomendations?

#1LolsheepsPosted 4/9/2012 5:33:00 PM
Is level 99 a MUST to play Chaos? I'm sure have a maxed out big star weapon with those "broken" attributes would be a major plus, but only three of my main people have maxed out big stars, one of which (Ayane) has Brilliance/Multi on it.

So what would be a decent level and weapon requirements to survive on, say, Chapter 3 chaos mode?
#2ShadowH2006Posted 4/9/2012 5:34:30 PM
I remember a similar topic back when someone asked if the Death element was necessary on Very Hard Mode on DW3:XL.

We never saw that user again.
---
Official Rinnosuke Morichika of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board
PSN + Gamertag: CrimsonKnightSH
#3Slayerxx1Posted 4/9/2012 5:36:21 PM
You don't need level 99, if you go horseback and have brilliance paired with wind and other elements, you can strafe everything. If you want easy weapons, go to musou editor and turn all opponents to sumos and just grind stages that have a lot of stars
#4Lolsheeps(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2012 5:37:01 PM
Slayerxx1 posted...
You don't need level 99, if you go horseback and have brilliance paired with wind and other elements, you can strafe everything. If you want easy weapons, go to musou editor and turn all opponents to sumos and just grind stages that have a lot of stars

That actually works? :O
#5BladenytePosted 4/9/2012 5:44:13 PM
why wouldnt it?
---
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#6TaterzzPosted 4/9/2012 6:23:40 PM
levels are irrelevant, you weapons are the key to winning. since you have brilliance, and most likely wind/bolt or ice/slay, you shouldn't have any trouble. if you stay on the ground often, you'll need a decent crowd clearing officer. otherwise, horseback is easy mode if you use one of the "i only hit on one side" types.
---
You just lost the game.
#7PhoenixAssassinPosted 4/9/2012 8:42:28 PM
what about without brilliance?
---
"Apparently the phrase "mile high club" equals sex to some and COD to others lol" -wretchedsmurf
#8ArethaiPosted 4/9/2012 8:51:23 PM
It's really individual skill and intuition. Learn the safest way to get into a crowd, do your thing, and leave without getting mauled to death. Though I do find the safest level 70+.
As usual the best elements include some combination of wind, bolt, slay, agility, absorption, osmosis, courage, echo, and typhoon. Also brilliance if you HATE your enemy.
#9EnigmaDurzoPosted 4/9/2012 8:52:40 PM
I have a lvl 47 ryu that does just fine on chaos. I have max prosperity for weapons, slay, courage, agility, range, wind, absorption, and i think multi (dont know why and should probably replace with brawn or might).

C1 and C2 all day. triple slash for safe safe crowd dmg. izuna drop for pretty much everything and you can get free izuna drops because his dash links to it. Really ive only lost once with ryu on chaos and that was because i forgot just how much a dozen archers could do to you on chaos. Not making that mistake again.

Its just like playing ninja gaiden but on an easier difficulty.

i recommend using lvl 50+ characters though. Difficulty just does not apply to ryu.
---
"Whats the point of this again?'
#10dudenamedgeorgePosted 4/9/2012 8:56:39 PM
Levels help, since they get you more health which is really nice, especially for those damn archers. Ultimately, though, if you stay on horseback as much as possible and are very cautious, you shouldn't get hit much. Damage output (and this your weapon) is the most important thing.
---
> You begin to suspect that your bowl is a portal to the Meat Dimension.