Kara's Tier List - Preliminary Discussion

#21LordKarasuman(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 8:34:07 PM(edited)
Everyone tends to have Chimera Shell and Tengjia Armor slapped on, with few exceptions. Tengjia tends to neutralize enemy archer damage pretty well, for the most part.

I'll try to have videos up, soon as I can find the camera around here...
---
WKC: Ilse
#22Xaldin0011Posted 4/28/2012 8:37:27 PM
Sima Yi is better if you finish all his attacks with his musou. And with Osmosis, his C3-EX will definately refill it. If you do happen to miss anyone during his EX, then you have someone to aim the musou at. Even if it doesn't grab them, it'll still smack them away.

If you haven't effectively killed everything after that or at least cleared enough room to do his C3-EX again, you can jump away and use the JS as protection.

Kiyomori's C2 is a lot better with Iron Gauntlets, assuming you have Absorption with it.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
#23BrockObanaPosted 4/28/2012 8:38:37 PM
I blieve Azai deserves his top-tier spot.
It's just a surprise nobly talks about him.
He's just a solid character but with great R1 and also has the speed-type advantage over others. I've been testing out zhou tai for the past few days because i saw so many overhyping him because of favoritism but also saw some saying he's not too great.
I'd put him in A for now but possibly even S (I doubt it).

Zhou Tai:
-great s string
-great, short c2
-c5 is also fantastic
-all attacks of all kinds have incredibly good range and coverage
-he has the luxury of being a speed type
-his musou, like few others (i.e. xu huang), is downright powerful. his musou may be game breaking.

I've been testing out few others of my favorites (Magoichi, zhang liao, xiahou Ba) with great disappointment.
#24FioylPosted 4/28/2012 8:42:03 PM
Oh, hell yes. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I know it's going to be a lot of work for you; if you want to divvy up some of the characters, let me know.
---
This is no Zaku, boy! No Zaku!
XBL: Maurigan PSN: Fioyl
#25TsurukePosted 4/28/2012 8:43:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26TsurukePosted 4/28/2012 8:46:51 PM
Strictly unbiased, I am truly curious to see how this turns out.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#27wowitsyugiPosted 4/28/2012 8:47:43 PM
LordKarasuman posted...
Yeah, I know about all the hoops I have to jump through to use him. Leaves me miffed that I even have do all that, which is why he is where he is...

... and don't get me wrong, I like the guy! A lot! Which just serves to irritate me further that he was designed in such an asinine way.

Yeah, same here. I tried to make him good, but there's just no way, it seems. :(

If you abuse that tactic though, the only time he can get hit is when he is on horse, making him a somewhat safe character for the most part. But yea, I do agree with his placement on the tier list.

Xaldin0011 posted...
Sima Yi is better if you finish all his attacks with his musou. And with Osmosis, his C3-EX will definately refill it. If you do happen to miss anyone during his EX, then you have someone to aim the musou at. Even if it doesn't grab them, it'll still smack them away.

If you haven't effectively killed everything after that or at least cleared enough room to do his C3-EX again, you can jump away and use the JS as protection.

Kiyomori's C2 is a lot better with Iron Gauntlets, assuming you have Absorption with it.

When I use Sima Yi, it's all about his C4. It activates elements twice, has 360 hitbox, and has him moving forward to hit more enemies from far away. It kinda does everything the C3-EX does but better. Everything you just mentioned for C3-EX can be applied to C4 as well. And because of his safe S-String (as the TC pointed out), you can get the C4 out almost every time.

I'm curious to see where Zhuge Dan ranks among the Fan users though. His C3-EX --> R1 cancel --> C3-EX --> repeat combo makes him pretty much invincible, provided you have Osmosis. So TC, maybe you can do Zhuge Dan soon?
#28gwaposidemzPosted 4/28/2012 8:52:09 PM
How about your analysis of most talked about characters and the poster boys first. People would like concensus there

Zhou Tai- admittedly I use him because of the cool slash marks he leaves on his attacks low tier or high I won't stop using him.

Yukimura Sanada
Zhao Yun
Zhou Yu
Wang Yi
Lu Bu/Tadakatsu (for some reason this characters are legends in their respective games)
Orochi X
Nu Wa
---
Veronica!! Veronica!! Yan ang gusto ko sa babae yung lumalaban!!!!!
-Romy Diaz R.I.P. Best Bad Boy in the Philippine Movie Industry
#29Xaldin0011Posted 4/28/2012 8:56:49 PM
I find the C3-EX better. I just feel it has more range and I really only need elements to activate once, since I just use his musou on officers anyways. Plus I have Blast on my Sima Yi, so it adds to the damage. And the C4 seems to knock away a lot of people on the first hit too, which bugs me.

But if the C4 is better, then yeah, just use the musou after it instead.

But I use all his attacks for variety just because I have more fun that way, excluding the C6 and C1.
---
"Xaldin is a prophet." - lamerhater
#30vitariPosted 4/28/2012 9:09:58 PM
Wouldn't you consider being meter dependant a flaw? Although yes their are no stages that may push the limit, you still have to keep your eye on it. At higher levels it's probably not an issue.

For what I said above this is why Gyuki should be where he is or higher. As you've seen, he's safe. Not meter dependant and can win at lower levels. It's not very flashy or 'fun' but it is effective.

Zhou Tai is great.