I hate Guo Jia's weapon.

#1Solo745Posted 5/6/2012 12:17:49 AM
I dislike it so much. It's a magic pool cue...

Of all the weapons in the Dynasty Warrior series, and even most of the weapons in Samurai Warriors, it feels... so weird.

Sure, Shuten Doji uses a gourd, but that's from Japanese myths. Taigong Wong uses a fishing rod, but that's also from myth. Da Ji and Himiko are explicitly magical, too so their weapons can be excused as exactly that. Takeda Shingen in Samurai Warriors uses a war fan... but that's from a story where he smacked an assassin with it to save his life. Oichi's hoops are weird, but they're basically SSX's weapons made more fantastic.

I can't think of any weapon that seems so out of place. The closest I can think of is Guo Hai's arm cannon, which seems out of place, and Zhong Hui's flying swords, which is a literal interpretation of Zhurong's weapon from the book (which I think were throwing daggers, or possibly a crossbow).

I hope I'm not the only one who finds it so weird and random.
---
Yay?
#2imitebjoePosted 5/6/2012 12:21:36 AM
meh, most of the stratagist have weird magical weapons anyways

Like Kuroda whats-his-dead-face with his magical orbs, and i dunno what hell hanbei's weapon is
#3Krow_IncarnatePosted 5/6/2012 12:25:39 AM
Paintbrush. I understand its significance, but for Ma Dai?

Perhaps it would've been better for Chen Shou, if he was the next Zuo Ci.
---
I have three options. This place, /v/, and SRK. I'm not good enough at the game to be on SRK and I'm not stupid enough to go back to /v/. -Mustkillroy
#4HewhoservesKuroPosted 5/6/2012 1:20:09 AM
Hanbei's weapon is a compass on a string. ...With blades. Apparently, he used to get lost a lot. So Noh gave him one so he could find his way home. Also, I love Guo Jia's weapon. He's one of my mains.
---
To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
#5hey962007Posted 5/6/2012 2:11:24 AM
Dont you worry! For the next installment of the game we will have people beating each other to death with tennis rackets and ping pong balls. There will also be a guy with bowling balls stuck to his hands! So worry not, Guo Jia wont feel so out of place anymore!

On a more serious note, nothing weapon wise surprises me anymore. I mean even back in DW3 people had flying feather fans that came back like boomerangs. Guo Huai was a bit odd to see for the first time since his weapon seemed a bit modern but meh, a terminally ill bloke needs an edge. I like the attack sfx of Guo Jia's weapon though.
#6abyssPosted 5/6/2012 2:21:10 AM
I'm okay with Guo Jia because I can accept it's as a homage to Venom in Guilty Gear.

But yeah, it's a little weird.
#7AC UnitPosted 5/6/2012 2:28:06 AM
You should see DW7's dlc boat weapon...
---
"Wait what?"
The most appropriate response to most things these days.
#8Hikari_SwordPosted 5/6/2012 5:30:42 AM
HewhoservesKuro posted...
Hanbei's weapon is a compass on a string. ...With blades. Apparently, he used to get lost a lot. So Noh gave him one so he could find his way home. Also, I love Guo Jia's weapon. He's one of my mains.

He also wet himself a lot. XD
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0NQ66dbg90
http://oi43.tinypic.com/206zazl.jpg | http://i41.tinypic.com/15g7aqb.jpg
#9Scarlet ArkardPosted 5/6/2012 5:36:25 AM
I may be alone here, but I wish some of these off the wall weapons were changed to clone characters with different move animations. Hated leveling Guo Jia.
---
"...don't ever let someone with no life ruin yours, that's why I never go to message boards." Colin Cowherd
#10dwarrior121Posted 5/6/2012 6:25:11 AM
Magoichis musket. Gross
---
"Enemy.....die...." - Wei Yan
Youtube.com/Dwarri0r121