Korean analyses!

#21GreatKiraLord(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 2:23:39 AM
Hmm woke up and checked the net for some reason.

---------------------Mitsuhide-----------------------
Not much.
He the guy that does the character "review" on the site talks about his R1 and how he misses the old one. He says the new R1 is still great but some also say how they hate going into the air.

---------------------Nobunaga----------------------
Not much on this guy either.
He just mentions his R1 buff and that he's decent.
Not exactly a review but more of what he likes and dislikes about his characterization this time...weird.

---------------------Keiji-------------------------------
Actual analysis this time.
"C4 has good 360 coverage. His R1 is very good. The special is osmosis/absorption-abusing so it's spammable while being powerful. His R1 does have problem with coverage (180 not 360) and the intial wind animation being absolutely required to hit in order to reach full damage potential. He is still powerful."

The Korean community considers him very good but with flaws.
They never say he's broken or cheap.
#22Little_IshidaPosted 5/23/2012 6:30:03 AM
GreatKiraLord posted...
+++++++++++++Liu Shan+++++++++++++
His R1's invincibility and regen abilities are very useful. It does feel very short. It would've been crazy if it was any longer (10 seconds)."

Doesn't Osmosis, The musou reduction items and most importantly thrift cancel that negative out?
---
---Join the Warriors Orochi fun board, for the love of tacos
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/572241-white-viper
#23GreatKiraLord(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 7:13:34 AM
Little_Ishida posted...
GreatKiraLord posted...
+++++++++++++Liu Shan+++++++++++++
His R1's invincibility and regen abilities are very useful. It does feel very short. It would've been crazy if it was any longer (10 seconds)."

Doesn't Osmosis, The musou reduction items and most importantly thrift cancel that negative out?

They say his offensive speed (more or less) isn't too fast to not feel the short duration of the R1. That's what they say at least.
#24ralalooloo11Posted 5/23/2012 9:54:45 AM
do Koreans have tier lists?
#25GreatKiraLord(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 9:56:43 AM
I don't think so.
I can't find it at least.
#26BrockObanaPosted 5/23/2012 3:24:17 PM
Fun fact:
Japanese community considers defense >>>>> offense. They consider nagamasa and gyuki and ding feng better than out infamous 3, Ba, Kaguya, and NuWa. WUT -__- I know lol.

For some reason they don't have a dedicated tier list that went in-depth into each character.
Few have made their own tier lists on their own but apparently they aren't considered legit. Many also are considered too biased especially since individuals make their own tier lists (and I heard they are apparently vey different from each other...according to the Koreans).

Korean community also has character analyses here and there but they don't bother making their own tier lists on together or even on their own. But they criticize the Japanese "tier lists" and character analyses for focusing too much on defense...saying that in a game like this offense should be prioritized over defense especially when offense is extreme (heard this somewhere before...hmmm lol).

To be honest, I think we are doing an extremely good job...no the best job out of the 3 (including JP, K, and US) by far. No offense to the Japanese but if they think Nagamasa, Gyuki, and Ding Feng are better than Ba, NuWa, and Kaguya even defensively -_-;;;;;;;;
And Koreans don't even bother making one. No offense to the Japanese or the Koreans.
Hell...I'm a Korean and I'm criticizing them.
#27GreatKiraLord(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 3:31:28 PM
I actually found a Japanese tier list last night in the Korean forum (deep deep in some comments) but I didn't even bother putting it up because people were laughing at it.
It emphasized defense>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>offense (no rare skills). It had guys like Xu Huang, Liu Shan, and Guo Jia (WHAT?), very high up in the tier list. Ok, that was understandable (barring Guo Jia). It had Orochi X as top (hmmm). But then I saw Gyuki, Nagamasa, Ding Feng, and some random character as broken. I stopped reading.
I think that list might've been the same one that you saw (one of them at least).
I didn't even bother posting it since it was obviously a sloppy job, way too...biased (is that even the right word when you put up things like Gyuki and Ding Feng as broken?).
But what you're saying is true. At least those Japanese individuals tried.
Koreans just make fun of them and they don't make their own even when quite a few are still actively discussing characters. And yes, no offense to the Japanese or the Koreans as well.
I'm also a Korean but I just can't agree with everything they do.
#28BrockObanaPosted 5/23/2012 3:37:54 PM
GreatKiraLord posted...
I actually found a Japanese tier list last night in the Korean forum (deep deep in some comments) but I didn't even bother putting it up because people were laughing at it.
It emphasized defense>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>offense (no rare skills). It had guys like Xu Huang, Liu Shan, and Guo Jia (WHAT?), very high up in the tier list. Ok, that was understandable (barring Guo Jia). It had Orochi X as top (hmmm). But then I saw Gyuki, Nagamasa, Ding Feng, and some random character as broken. I stopped reading.
I think that list might've been the same one that you saw (one of them at least).
I didn't even bother posting it since it was obviously a sloppy job, way too...biased (is that even the right word when you put up things like Gyuki and Ding Feng as broken?).
But what you're saying is true. At least those Japanese individuals tried.
Koreans just make fun of them and they don't make their own even when quite a few are still actively discussing characters. And yes, no offense to the Japanese or the Koreans as well.
I'm also a Korean but I just can't agree with everything they do.

Yeah.
One thing funny is ...
Koreans consider Goemon the worst character.
And they think Gyuki is like second to worst lol.
I see so many jokes around those two.
#29olijollyPosted 5/23/2012 5:26:19 PM
tiering-wise, i think we go a lot more indent.
and lol at the japanese
but god bless them for making this game :)
---
PSN: olljolly
#30LordKarasumanPosted 5/23/2012 9:51:40 PM(edited)
While I agree that we're doing the best job on account of the fact that we're so thorough and constantly rechecking ourselves, I will say that I do understand the position that random Japanese guy took. Nagamasa's R1 defines the word "panic button" while Gyuki is basically as untouchable as one can possibly get without tapping into meter.

But in practice, there are definitely characters with better defensive options. If his tier list wasn't filled up with all 132 characters-- a perfectly fair occurrence-- then I'm not all that surprised his turned out the way it did, since he was probably trying characters that would have "obvious" positions, along with his favorites. That's sometimes how I started out previously, myself.
---
WKC: Ilse
Kunimitsu's back!