Korean analyses!

#31VizualTrancePosted 5/23/2012 10:37:03 PM
Can I request Lu Bu? Just want to hear what they say about him. Thanks!
---
"Names don't matter. What's important is how you live your life." - Ramza Beoulve
#32BrockObanaPosted 5/23/2012 10:39:14 PM
LordKarasuman posted...
While I agree that we're doing the best job on account of the fact that we're so thorough and constantly rechecking ourselves, I will say that I do understand the position that random Japanese guy took. Nagamasa's R1 defines the word "panic button" while Gyuki is basically as untouchable as one can possibly get without tapping into meter.

But in practice, there are definitely characters with better defensive options. If his tier list wasn't filled up with all 132 characters-- a perfectly fair occurrence-- then I'm not all that surprised his turned out the way it did, since he was probably trying characters that would have "obvious" positions, along with his favorites. That's sometimes how I started out previously, myself.

Not exactly.
He doesn't provide any reasons, he just provided a list and never explained it apparently.
The Japanese and korean communities apparently don't take it with any seriousness as they call it halfassed and biased. Most Japanese and Koreans also don't like to do solo runs but they love combo gameplays so there are actually quite a bit of combo tiers and what not (i.e. X.Ba a piece of garbage on the tier since his R1 is useless in combo plays as they say). Also, Gracia is way down in the mid tier even though she has the shield while Liu Shan is broken (which the Koreans didn't take too kindly...as did I). Also, No and Motochika are actually in mid-tier as well. Oh and they pretty much don't care about how long it takes to kill officers and any offense until they order each tiers, which is ridiculous. It's just not taken seriously in either communities and it was posted like 2 weeks after its release. It did have all the characters. It didn't have any community input. Either site have anything close to an agreed tier list. They have opinions (i.e. Orochi X, Susano are broken, Ba with R1 abuse is arguably the most broken, NuWa kills everything with her R1+aerial charge with safety and musou is awesome, Zhuge "smells" like broken, etc). But they don't seem to care about making tier lists sadly. I wish I could write on that forum but since I don't have a Korean SSN, I can't register.
#33Bee123187Posted 5/23/2012 10:44:07 PM
What did he say about Zhou Tai and Gracia?
#34GreatKiraLord(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 11:33:25 PM
* Lu Bu: "His BnB are EX and C6. His type action (TA or special) isn't anything to write home about. His actions are rather manly contrary to the novel's despiction where he's a coward. At least he evolved from a grasshopper to a cockroach."

People then talk about how he's not as nearly as good as the broken characters.
They don't like his grabs in the forums.

* Zhou Tai: They don't talk much about his effectiveness other than how cool he is. Only things they said about his combat pros/cons - His speed type is awesome and if yu can connect, his EX does a lot of damage in huge range and coverage. However, his delays suck. Sorry but that's all.

* Gracia: Not much on her effectiveness. They do say she's between broken and top-tier. They also talk about how they like her thighs -_-;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

* Sun Ce (since he's my second favorite after Zhou Tai in WU): His analysis doesn't talk about his effectiveness at all. Just describes his moveset and how they like his hairstyle -_-;
Some random comments do talk about how his Musou is broken with his last hit on his musou and that his moveset sucks and that he should've been speed or power (really? power would've made him that much better?).
#35BrockObanaPosted 5/23/2012 11:40:14 PM
They actually do like Zhou Tai quite a bit but that's for combo combat since Koreans focus a lot on combo plays then solo. They say how they're disappointed with Lu Bu a lot. Sun Ce...I have no idea.
#36whatupeveryonehPosted 5/24/2012 12:00:11 AM
I guess they think pretty similarly to ours.
Very nice.
Thanks.
#37olijollyPosted 5/24/2012 12:24:57 AM
So the Japanese...or that single japanese player was defensively oriented...(more like extremely defensively oriented). And we're offensively orated in tens of tiering.
---
PSN: olljolly
#38BrockObanaPosted 5/24/2012 12:30:24 AM
Yep.
It's just that...that tier list wasn't a community tier so many disregard it as an illegitimate list.
It also weighs defense a lot more heavily compared to offense than we weigh offense over defense. Out attitude is that as long as defense is good enough offense is what should matter. The JP tier creator's attitude was as long as defensive mech is good, offense or the time it takes to finish rounds/kill officers doesn't matter. Very different tiering philosophies.
#39GreatKiraLord(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2012 12:38:47 AM
LordKarasuman posted...
While I agree that we're doing the best job on account of the fact that we're so thorough and constantly rechecking ourselves, I will say that I do understand the position that random Japanese guy took. Nagamasa's R1 defines the word "panic button" while Gyuki is basically as untouchable as one can possibly get without tapping into meter.

But in practice, there are definitely characters with better defensive options. If his tier list wasn't filled up with all 132 characters-- a perfectly fair occurrence-- then I'm not all that surprised his turned out the way it did, since he was probably trying characters that would have "obvious" positions, along with his favorites. That's sometimes how I started out previously, myself.

He had 132 the moment he posted it.
Also, he said nagamasa is broken because of R1 and also said he should only use R1.
It wasn't a panic button but his main BnB. It takes a long time to kill officers with his R1 but in this tier list, the time it takes to kill doesn't matter as long as it's safe so that's how it was.
Also, surprisingly, while Lianshi is like top-tier for her R1 healing, Gracia was considered bad I think. I can't even find that list anymore...mmmm.
#40ManTigerPosted 5/24/2012 3:37:58 AM
Can I request Shin Orochi?
Thanks friend!