samurai warriors 3 or dynasty warriors 7?

#21sockesocke(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2012 8:54:19 AM
BrownDerby posted...
i dont understand japanese sadly. i was asking about the wii version or dw7 on ps3. sorry for the missunderstanding.

DW7's story is great but once you've finished it you're left with conquest mode, which is dull. You already have XL, which is good even as a standalone game. Once I got it I didn't even bother with the disc remix stuff.

I think you'd get a lot more play out of SW3. It's more in the old style of Warriors games, individual stories with endings for most characters, and 4th weapons you have to earn instead of just buying from the shop. It gets a lot of hate since it's on Wii but it's still a good game. It's dirt cheap now, like ten dollars new.

samurai warriors 1 and 2 had individual stories for characters as well, and i live in europe so dollars are out of the question but its fairly cheap here as well (17 thats around 21 bucks).
---
Rasputin77: What is this 3DSXL I keep hearing about? Is it a handheld for fat people?
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#22hyperskate65Posted 6/23/2012 9:31:25 AM
There is NO such game as Samurai Warriors 3Z. I have no idea why people keep on using a name for a game that does NOT exist. There IS a Sengoku Musou 3Z that came out in Asia and in Japan. We DID get Samurai Warriors 3 on the Wii only, but it sucks due to graphics being poor (well, it is the Wii), only 30 fps, and the Wii in the west did not get Moushouden (Xtreme Legends). The PS3 got Sengoku Musou 3Z which combines the normal game and Moushouden into one single game with some extra game modes (career mode is very nice). The graphics are just amazing and the frame rate is at 60 fps.

I know it may sound picky, but use the name of games that exist people. It is not hard to do. If a game does not come to the US/EU, then there is no point to using the Warriors name. Also, when you buy imported games, the names are the proper ones, not what we would call it.

Also, both games are worth getting. You can get the Asian version of SM3Z for around $62 before shipping from Play-Asia and there is no DLC, so you do not need to get a HK PSN card.

So.. You would recommend SW3Z?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#23ArethaiPosted 6/23/2012 9:41:49 AM
DW7 easily. Stay away from SW3. I love these games but I couldn't even be bothered to unlock everyone. It was slow as hell. And being a Wii game just makes the whole thing naturally more inconvenient.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvw17kZV8E1qkh89io1_500.gif
#24TsurukePosted 6/23/2012 11:08:30 AM
I haven't played it yet. (Being a HUGE Koei Fan and all..) I do plan on getting it if I can easily find it nearby. I think thats why I haven't gotten it and forgotten about it due to that only reason (it sneaking out on release on me), it'll give me an excuse to dust off the Wii.

SOOOOOO, I cannot give a valid/even opinion of which for you to purchase..........yet. lol sorry.
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#25Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 6/23/2012 11:26:50 AM(edited)
sockesocke posted...
i dont understand japanese sadly. i was asking about the wii version or dw7 on ps3. sorry for the missunderstanding.

If you have played them yet, I say skip both and just play WO3 and buy all the DLC then. It's better than Wii SW3 and DW7.

MissNaye posted...
There is NO such game as Samurai Warriors 3Z. I have no idea why people keep on using a name for a game that does NOT exist. There IS a Sengoku Musou 3Z that came out in Asia and in Japan. We DID get Samurai Warriors 3 on the Wii only, but it sucks due to graphics being poor (well, it is the Wii), only 30 fps, and the Wii in the west did not get Moushouden (Xtreme Legends). The PS3 got Sengoku Musou 3Z which combines the normal game and Moushouden into one single game with some extra game modes (career mode is very nice). The graphics are just amazing and the frame rate is at 60 fps.

I know it may sound picky, but use the name of games that exist people. It is not hard to do. If a game does not come to the US/EU, then there is no point to using the Warriors name. Also, when you buy imported games, the names are the proper ones, not what we would call it.

Also, both games are worth getting. You can get the Asian version of SM3Z for around $62 before shipping from Play-Asia and there is no DLC, so you do not need to get a HK PSN card.

It's called English translation...Yes, it's not a direct translation, but that's what Koei calls it.

Enough people already have a difficult time distinguishing between Sangoku Musou, Sengoku Musou and Shin Sangoku Musou let alone the numbers are all wrong.

I would use 戦国無双3 but GameFAQs doesn't allow anything but roman characters.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX
#26MissNayePosted 6/23/2012 11:39:04 AM
hyperskate65 posted...

I have never seen a game called SW3Z so I would like to know where to purchase it. I do own SM3Z for PS3 and I still play it to this day, so yes I would recommend it. The text is in Japanese only and so are the voices, but it is not a big deal and there are translations online for the weapon addons and FAQs on Gamefaqs.
---
PSN: Ladynaye
Xbox Live: MorigannaX
#27MissNayePosted 6/23/2012 11:46:33 AM
Kung_Fu_Fighter posted...
sockesocke posted...

If you have played them yet, I say skip both and just play WO3 and buy all the DLC then. It's better than Wii SW3 and DW7.

MissNaye posted...

It's called English translation...Yes, it's not a direct translation, but that's what Koei calls it.

Enough people already have a difficult time distinguishing between Sangoku Musou, Sengoku Musou and Shin Sangoku Musou let alone the numbers are all wrong.

I would use 戦国無双3 but GameFAQs doesn't allow anything but roman characters.

The names are all different and they sound different in Japanese (and in English for that matter), so if someone cannot tell, that is their problem. I am half deaf and I can tell the names apart when I hear them and when I read them.

Sangoku Musou was the fighting game and we called it Dynasty Warriors (DW1).

Shin Sangoku Musou is what we play today as a hack-n-slash game (DW2+)

Sengoku Musou is based on the Sengoku period in Japan and we call it Samurai Warriors if the game is release in the west.

The games are all different and they sound different. If someone honestly cannot tell them apart, that is pretty pathetic. I do not understand how someone can be confused when they are not the same game at all. All it takes is a few minutes doing a Google search and anyone can learn what the differences are.
---
#28redroses_4lifePosted 6/23/2012 12:13:08 PM
MissNaye posted...
hyperskate65 posted...

I have never seen a game called SW3Z so I would like to know where to purchase it. I do own SM3Z for PS3 and I still play it to this day, so yes I would recommend it. The text is in Japanese only and so are the voices, but it is not a big deal and there are translations online for the weapon addons and FAQs on Gamefaqs.

The **** is wrong with you?

We get it, you want to look good because you have SENGOKU MUSOU 3Z.

Samurai Warriors 3Z is Sengoku Musou 3Z. Do you want a ****ing medal to go with your massive e-peen?

EVERYONE LISTEN

SAMURAI WARRIORS 3 Z NEVER EXISTED

SENGOKU MUSOU 3Z EXISTS

REMEMBER, SAMURAI WARRIORS 3 Z NEVER EXISTED, IF IT DID EXIST IT WOULD BE CALLED SAMURAI WARRIORS 3 Z, BUT IT NEVER EXISTED SO DON'T CALL IT THAT
---
And you keep breaking my arms just because she wants you to. Who's the bigger fool? The fool, or the fool who follows him?
#29MissNayePosted 6/23/2012 4:10:19 PM
redroses_4life posted...
MissNaye posted...
hyperskate65 posted...

The **** is wrong with you?

We get it, you want to look good because you have SENGOKU MUSOU 3Z.

Samurai Warriors 3Z is Sengoku Musou 3Z. Do you want a ****ing medal to go with your massive e-peen?

EVERYONE LISTEN

SAMURAI WARRIORS 3 Z NEVER EXISTED

SENGOKU MUSOU 3Z EXISTS

REMEMBER, SAMURAI WARRIORS 3 Z NEVER EXISTED, IF IT DID EXIST IT WOULD BE CALLED SAMURAI WARRIORS 3 Z, BUT IT NEVER EXISTED SO DON'T CALL IT THAT

*sighs*

It seems you fail to understand my point and came up with whatever makes you feel good. Or you are just a troll...

The point I was trying to make is that using the wrong name for games is well....wrong. There is nothing wrong with being correct about a subject. If a game does not come out in our region (in the case of Sengoku Musou 3Z), then why use the incorrect name for the title? If you want to buy the game, the correct name is used by stores and other places. This has nothing to do with an ego or anything like that, I just use the correct names for games, etc. when it is supposed to be done. And yes, there is no such game called Samurai Warriors 3Z since Koei did not bring it out in the US/EU/AUS regions. That is a fact, nothing more, nothing less.

It seems someone as immature as yourself has a hard time understanding such simple facts. Instead of trolling or sounding stupid like you just did, perhaps you should simply read over what I said in the previous post and make some sort of attempt to understand my point. Of course, if you are not able to do such a thing, well, that is too bad.
---
#30hyperskate65Posted 6/23/2012 5:33:44 PM
MissNaye posted...
hyperskate65 posted...

Well thank you Mr. Naye, you have sold me.
I will definitely purchase SW3Z now and let you know if I agree with your points.

Thanks!
---
his comparison suggests we're closet african americans.
PSN BlahblahUnicornx 3rd General UMvC3 Heroes