Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

#21RevoredoPosted 7/17/2013 7:24:03 AM
Nah, I got the regular WO3 with a lot of DLC. If I can upgrade it to Ultimate, fine, otherwise I'll pass.
---
Your childhood was good, but not objectively better than others'.
#22gamestop27Posted 7/17/2013 9:22:51 AM
I need a disc release and all the dlc for me to get this.
---
Look at all these lawless people, anarchy reigns.~ Nikolai
#23LittleYamiPosted 7/17/2013 8:20:45 PM
First look at Sterk.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/17/check-out-atelier-roronas-sterk-in-warriors-orochi-3-ultimate/

Please,Tecmo Koei,take my money.
#24crimsonfoxm1911Posted 7/20/2013 10:54:24 AM
Revoredo posted...
Nah, I got the regular WO3 with a lot of DLC. If I can upgrade it to Ultimate, fine, otherwise I'll pass.

It's kind of a completely new game with a completely new story. with the addition of all the new characters being put in one game they needed to rework the entire story. hopefully when it moves west we'll be getting some DW8 type DLC with their new weapons and outfits but other than that you're getting new content altogether.
---
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/97I76xWl/crimson-fox-dsr.png
#25tiamattttPosted 7/22/2013 7:34:37 AM
crimsonfoxm1911 posted...
Revoredo posted...

It's kind of a completely new game with a completely new story. with the addition of all the new characters being put in one game they needed to rework the entire story. hopefully when it moves west we'll be getting some DW8 type DLC with their new weapons and outfits but other than that you're getting new content altogether.

Think you're giving it too much credit there. It's pretty much just the regular game + a expansion pack, the regular story will be exactly the same as well as the gameplay. Sure there'll be new characters, stages, and a few extra cutscenes for that Orochi/Da Ji thing to make us interested, but to call it a completely new game is exaggerating to say the very least.
#26Violet_ShadowPosted 7/22/2013 6:48:03 PM
Actually, Musou Orochi 2: Ultimate is everything that Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin was and Maou Sairin was brought to the west as Warriors Orochi 2, a completely different game. It added characters and an Orochi story mode, but was still "just an expansion" as you would call it. I, personally, figure that if brought to the west, Ultimate will probably be renamed Warriors Orochi 4 like Maou Sairin became Warriors Orochi 2. In Japan, There's really only Musou Orochi and Musou Orochi 2 plus enhanced versions(Maou Sairin and Ultimate), whereas in America we have Warriors Orochi, Warriors Orochi 2, and Warriors Orochi 3.

Personally, I'm hoping for a localization of Ultimate either as it is or with the Maou Sairin treatment and becoming WO4. I just hope it makes it to the States some way or other.

Well, That's my two cents.

--

Signed: ~The Violet Shadow, "Shadows never die, they merely fade into the darkness..."
#27tiamattttPosted 7/22/2013 9:14:41 PM
Violet_Shadow posted...
Actually, Musou Orochi 2: Ultimate is everything that Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin was and Maou Sairin was brought to the west as Warriors Orochi 2, a completely different game. It added characters and an Orochi story mode, but was still "just an expansion" as you would call it. I, personally, figure that if brought to the west, Ultimate will probably be renamed Warriors Orochi 4 like Maou Sairin became Warriors Orochi 2. In Japan, There's really only Musou Orochi and Musou Orochi 2 plus enhanced versions(Maou Sairin and Ultimate), whereas in America we have Warriors Orochi, Warriors Orochi 2, and Warriors Orochi 3.

Personally, I'm hoping for a localization of Ultimate either as it is or with the Maou Sairin treatment and becoming WO4. I just hope it makes it to the States some way or other.

Well, That's my two cents.

--

Signed: ~The Violet Shadow, "Shadows never die, they merely fade into the darkness..."

Hm, that was educational. While I too hope we get it over here I would feel pretty cheated if it was called WO4. Unless of course they let the owners of 3 "upgrade" to 4 then they can call it whatever they like. :)
#28crimsonfoxm1911Posted 7/22/2013 10:38:26 PM
tiamatttt posted...
Revoredo posted...

Think you're giving it too much credit there. It's pretty much just the regular game + a expansion pack, the regular story will be exactly the same as well as the gameplay. Sure there'll be new characters, stages, and a few extra cutscenes for that Orochi/Da Ji thing to make us interested, but to call it a completely new game is exaggerating to say the very least.

key words "kind of" but we're essentially getting a newer longer game to play, i mean EVERY mystic has been brought in, EVERY ninja gaiden protagonist has been brought in, a crapton of TecmoKoei lead characters and now of course Tamomo-no-mae and Xu Shu so now we have multiple scenerios that have to be re-done or put in. not only that but the combat system has been reworked and you can now have a team of 5. since it's coming out for Vita though i'll be getting it for that since i'll be selling my PS3 in place of my PS4
---
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/97I76xWl/crimson-fox-dsr.png
#29tiamattttPosted 7/23/2013 4:55:12 AM
tiamatttt posted...
Revoredo posted...

key words "kind of" but we're essentially getting a newer longer game to play, i mean EVERY mystic has been brought in, EVERY ninja gaiden protagonist has been brought in, a crapton of TecmoKoei lead characters and now of course Tamomo-no-mae and Xu Shu so now we have multiple scenerios that have to be re-done or put in. not only that but the combat system has been reworked and you can now have a team of 5. since it's coming out for Vita though i'll be getting it for that since i'll be selling my PS3 in place of my PS4

And all that's great, wonderful, absolutely want it. But it's all just adding to the same core game/story, and while it's significant it's still quite a stretch to be calling it a new game. Like minus the original story, all the original W03 characters/stages and suddenly using 5 people at 1 time isn't all that impressive anymore. :p

It's really just a big expansion pack, and like any expansion pack there shouldn't be any problems letting players that own the core game to add on to it without having to buy a brand new game/lose all their progress, and especially buy all those DLCs again.
#304nowlatersPosted 7/24/2013 3:53:15 PM
what's the chances of this being in english?
---
Omega Psi Phi Til The Day I Die & Alpha Kappa Psi as the days go by