So... no Create-a-Warrior?

#1Fear_AwakensPosted 3/3/2012 7:05:02 AM
From what I've heard, this game has Create-a-STAGE, which I guess is alright, but personally don't care for, but no Create-a-Warrior, which I would have loved in a Warriors Orochi game. I always wanted to make a custom character with Orochi's scythe, but they never have CaW in Orochi games. Is what I'm hearing true, or will I have to wait until the 20th to find out?
---
You can't kick ass and have both feet on the ground at the same time.
#2ZignoffPosted 3/3/2012 7:29:02 AM
Seriously?... Dude you have over 130 characters, how the hell can you whine about this?
---
Enjoy a Awesome Video till my new sig is ready...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA1NoOOoaNw&e
#3Epic_McDudePosted 3/3/2012 12:46:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Alter_LegionesPosted 3/3/2012 7:14:20 PM
I never understood the fascination of create-a-warrior in these games, as all it is, in my eyes, is "clone-a-warrior". You can't create a warrior with a new or original move set, or even customize an existing move set. You simply transfer a move set from one character to another. Does it honestly matter if you use a scythe with Orochi or with Generic Officer B?
---
"Freedom of speech isn't about protecting the speech you like, its about protecting the speech you hate" - Larry Flynt
#5OzzieArcanePosted 3/3/2012 8:25:21 PM
People like creating their own self insert to play as in games. That said it doesn't matter much to me outside of the Empires games cause the created officers never play an important role in the main games.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#6kingwutuguPosted 3/4/2012 4:12:26 AM
Fear_Awakens posted...
From what I've heard, this game has Create-a-STAGE, which I guess is alright, but personally don't care for, but no Create-a-Warrior, which I would have loved in a Warriors Orochi game. I always wanted to make a custom character with Orochi's scythe, but they never have CaW in Orochi games. Is what I'm hearing true, or will I have to wait until the 20th to find out?

THIS, wish they did have it, would have been awesome, Creating your own character boost the game for me a lot, I'll sit for hrs creating characters, they need to upgrade it, the vita version looks exactly the same as the CAW mode in dw6 empires
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#7Alwc37Posted 3/4/2012 4:32:10 AM
It has some parts I don't remember being in DW6 but that might just be dlc we didn't get in the states. Still it is pretty similar, which honestly works for me. Better then nothing
#8DuDuDu10101Posted 3/4/2012 5:11:05 PM
CaW should really just be removed, since it's got nothing new... except wasting your time building some random ass dude who's moveset is a clone of a character in game... big whoop...

and if online is as it claims, it'll be mind blowing to see anything but extreme cliche CaW builds playing with you... i'll pass
---
*slaps TC with a raw chicken*
This will continue until you make proper gamefaqs messages.
#9kingwutuguPosted 3/8/2012 12:32:11 AM
DuDuDu10101 posted...
CaW should really just be removed, since it's got nothing new... except wasting your time building some random ass dude who's moveset is a clone of a character in game... big whoop...

and if online is as it claims, it'll be mind blowing to see anything but extreme cliche CaW builds playing with you... i'll pass

WoW! someone complaining about a CAW, who cares if they become cloned movesets, at least we'll have a new character to look at when were using that specific weapon

you think WWe games would sell without a CAW, not these days, specially without any good wrestlers these days, making you own character is awesome, just because it's hard for you doesn't mean it is for the rest of us.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#10MattheauPosted 3/9/2012 4:36:13 AM
kingwutugu posted...
you think WWe games would sell without a CAW, not these days, specially without any good wrestlers these days, making you own character is awesome, just because it's hard for you doesn't mean it is for the rest of us.

That's a different situation.

Even older wrestling game CAW modes let you customize the entire move set. In addition, the move sets can be made just as diverse as the actual characters already in the game. There are only so many plausible ways you can punch or kick someone. On top of that, because wrestling games render so few characters at once, they can go into much more detail and allow much more customization options than is possible with a Warriors style game.

I don't particularly like wrestling games, but CAW in them can be and is far more functional than Warriors CAW, so it isn't a valid comparison. On top of that, wrestling games have copyright issues to deal with, preventing characters from being used, so it is very easy to create wrestlers that didn't appear in that game. For example, no Bret Hart? His costume is basically a tank top and a pair of pants, and the Sharpshooter is actually a fairly generic move that he popularized.

Warriors CAW modes are "choose one of X generic weapons that are basically the same as an existing character," now choose what generic parts you want for your character. By the way, most of the generic parts don't fit properly together, so you probably are going to end up using parts from the same set to create a halfway decent character.