Any stages where Sima Yi or Masamune Date give (possible) missions? (spoilers)

#1MisterQuin34Posted 3/31/2012 7:43:05 PM
Beat the game, trying to unlock all characters for the TRUE ending.

I'm having trouble finding stages where either character would give missions so that I can increase my bond with them past the first tier. So far I only know of the one where you fight the two Hydra heads at the beginning -- Sima Yi gives a mission where I have to kill 3 officers in the first ten minutes. With those Hydra heads and my near-complete lack of skill, I don't think I can do it within the time limit. Does anyone know a level where Masamune Date can give missions, or other levels for Sima Yi?

I'll keep up the search to answer my own question in the meantime.
#2TimeoniousPosted 3/31/2012 7:47:02 PM
I think any level that has them as a recommended character works. However, instead of using them, just use any 3 you want and then they become AI officers and give missions. I am not sure of this, but when i Did the battle where you get Lu Bu and chose Diao Chan instead of Deng Ai, Deng gave me a mission.
---
XBL: Timeonious | Steam ID: Timeonious
White FC: 5415 0091 7431
#3MisterQuin34(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2012 7:53:28 PM
That's generally true, but as far as Date goes, in his only level where he's a recommended character -- the Battle of Yamazaki -- he doesn't appear to give missions.
#4MisterQuin34(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2012 8:05:33 PM
Never mind. Got it with Tadakatsu Honda, a horse, and a ton of sheer luck.
#5CyberEvilPosted 3/31/2012 8:10:21 PM
Holding banquets is a lot easier...
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN
#6TCalanisPosted 3/31/2012 10:26:02 PM
CyberEvil posted...
Holding banquets is a lot easier...

Unless there's something I haven't unlocked yet, that won't get them upgraded to the next tier, it'll stop right before that.
---
I swim through a sea of stars, without looking back to shore. Faster than light, bending time. Forever, Wherever.
#7Hayato NekketsuPosted 4/1/2012 12:37:30 AM
You also get a small boost to bonds between the characters in your team, so put Sima Yi and Date in your group, and run an easy quick mission several times.
#8Ultima_Weapon11Posted 4/3/2012 10:25:40 PM
do you people not pay attention to the screens? the only reason that the banquets stop leveling bonds is because of a level gap between characters. sorry for being a jerk about it but if you pay attention you'd already know that.
---
GT is Bojack1135
The pursuit of perfection is as flawed as the concept of perfection itself...
#9MorterPosted 4/3/2012 10:29:52 PM
Ultima_Weapon11 posted...
do you people not pay attention to the screens? the only reason that the banquets stop leveling bonds is because of a level gap between characters. sorry for being a jerk about it but if you pay attention you'd already know that.

LMAO wow that's not even close to being true.

No matter how close or apart two officers are by level, they will only get to the next tier via combat;

-Them being in the same team as you
-Them being in the same battle as you (as an allied AI on your side)
-Them giving you a mission

That being said, yeah: the best way to get two officers to the next tier is to bring both of them into battle with you. They don't even have to fight or anything. By the end of the battle, they'll have gone to the next tier.
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**