Who'd've thought Liu Shan was the hot ticket to Chaos farming...?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Warriors Orochi 3
  3. Who'd've thought Liu Shan was the hot ticket to Chaos farming...?
3 years ago#1
the mild mannered, not so sharply dressed little man living in his father's shadow (or is he?)

With the help of Osmosis, remains INVINCIBLE (and healing, but who's counting?) at all times... and his x,x,y,y causes stun state in a wide radius, and his quick combos make for infinite juggles. Since he leaves himself open during the move, enemies jump at it. Since you're invincible...free kills.

To top it all off, his Thrift ability makes this Rb special cost practically nothing. Has anyone found anything else this powerful in the game??
---
"You think that's frustrating? Try beating Yiazmat with nothing but PAPER PLATES." -Knivex, Posted 11/28/2006 2:38:59 AM
3 years ago#2
What are you farming for on Chaos? Weapons?

Gracia does that better, considering her passive ability.

But good job with the find I suppose.
---
Merciful Buddha
Posts: 2x: 77; 3x: 9; 4x: 7; 5x: 5; *6x: 2; 7x/8x!: 1;**25X POST!**
3 years ago#3
Aya's RB special gives her a shield that makes her invincible and also heals her. She is invincible during the start-up for the ability too. She has amazing AoE charge attacks, each of them having a unique purpose. Seems similar to Liu Shan.

I believe Gracia also has a shield that makes her invincible, but deals damage instead of healing. And doesn't Kunoichi turn invisible, basically making her invincible?

Just some other strong characters.
3 years ago#4
you're doing it wrong, you're supposed to be using motochika and no as your other 2. put them in musou mode and you'll never have to worry about anything. that is, until it wears and you're forced to switch between the 2. hell, you don't even need liu shan as there's 2 others with thrift that you could use.
---
You just lost the game.
3 years ago#5
If you're referencing the "Wonder" ability, the stat boost is only ok compared to other abilities.

I guess Liu Shan and 2 fortune characters makes the most sense, since he can do it alone anyways.
---
"You think that's frustrating? Try beating Yiazmat with nothing but PAPER PLATES." -Knivex, Posted 11/28/2006 2:38:59 AM
3 years ago#6
ah ok...I came across info that character level and proficiency affects potency of their team special...Which explains why my lv. 1 "wonder" characters suck and Liu shan's Thrift (lv.99) is amazing...experimenting more in the future.

Thanks for the insight.
---
3 years ago#7
I found this out playing as him the first time, when I found out the nasty little **** could turn invincible. But I hate him with every fiber of my being, so I couldn't bring myself to play as him.

I think it's probably because I've liked Guan Ping since DW5 and always thought him and Xing Cai would have made a nice couple, and then this very feminine lazy fop dressed in a fur coat with a stupid hat comes in with his royal blood and all of a sudden Guan Ping's chances go straight down the drain. Well, that, and from what I've read about Liu Shan, he was completely useless and selfish.

Out of curiosity, who else felt sorry for Ping in this game? He's a total boss, since they blended his DW7 and DW5 movelists, but everybody's shunning him like he's a leper, except for Guan Yu and Suo. Nobunaga tells him to eff off, Xing Cai beats the crap out of him and forces him to come back with her so she can ignore him to his face, and his younger brother has the right to give him tips on girls. That right there's just downright humiliating.
---
You can't kick ass and have both feet on the ground at the same time.
3 years ago#8
Guan Yu's story is the best in the series (therefore also the most tragic)

It's too bad. But the more I played as Shan i do like his fighting style. similar to Raphael from Soul Calibur. Don't touch the analog stick or finish out his normals and its easy infinite juggles. ( Brawn/Courage/Flak +whatever gold skills you like)
---
3 years ago#9
Runner16 posted...
ah ok...I came across info that character level and proficiency affects potency of their team special...Which explains why my lv. 1 "wonder" characters suck and Liu shan's Thrift (lv.99) is amazing...experimenting more in the future.

Thanks for the insight.

level doesn't affect character skills, your proficiency rank does. S rank is what makes it powerful, not lv99
---
You just lost the game.
3 years ago#10
Interesting that it gets maxed so quickly for how useful it is :/
---
  1. Boards
  2. Warriors Orochi 3
  3. Who'd've thought Liu Shan was the hot ticket to Chaos farming...?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived