Chicken/Silkie questions.

#1TerronegaPosted 11/5/2012 7:28:58 AM
I'm wondering how chicken birth works this time around. Is there an incubator that I can just dump an egg in it and wait for a few days or is it something lame like giving your chickens away to someone for a few days?

Also, if there is an incubator, would be worth to get a silkie egg from someone as soon as trades are unlocked and start raising my own? I'm not sure if there were any price differences between the different chicken eggs, before.
---
Please be careful not to trip, get hurt, or go bald on your way home.
#2Mothership1953Posted 11/5/2012 9:06:57 AM
The chicken coop comes with an incubator. Getting a Silkie egg from someone on wi fi is better than having to wait til you unlock them, imo.
---
Black FC: 0905 2410 2458
#3LightHawKnightPosted 11/5/2012 11:15:07 AM
Mothership1953 posted...
The chicken coop comes with an incubator. Getting a Silkie egg from someone on wi fi is better than having to wait til you unlock them, imo.

Finding someone is the hard part. It isn't hard to get 10 eggs to hatch and sell them to get to silkies.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#4Terronega(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 11:24:58 AM(edited)
But it doesn't specify what type of chicken eggs count to unlock silkies, does it? So I could still hatch 10 silkies to unlock more silkies that way. Not that this information would be that useful to know if I had silkies beforehand, so its more of a curiosity, really.

I guess it all depends on how likely one would be able to hatch 10 eggs before trades are unlocked.
---
#5Terronega(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 1:07:16 PM
Hmm. Thanks for info, anyway.
---
#6PheemPosted 11/6/2012 1:18:10 PM
Terronega posted...
I guess it all depends on how likely one would be able to hatch 10 eggs before trades are unlocked.

Considering you have to build the coop first (your farm does not come with one) and Rebecca - the one you buy blueprints from to make it - doesn't move in until around the end of spring (about the same time multiplayer opens up), it would be pretty impossible to hatch 10 eggs before unlocking multiplayer.

..Hope that made sense XD

Anyway, it's more worth it to find someone with a Silkie egg willing to trade it, imo.
---
GW2: Tannith - Henge of Denravi
3DS FC: 2019-9656-0978
#7Terronega(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 1:31:35 PM
That is just what I needed to hear, thank you.

I will have to find someone to hold onto an egg for me until I get the game.
---