Fool proof way to get Moondrop Flowers for Topiary - 15 days MAX

#1GhostronicPosted 12/5/2012 9:38:53 AM
So I was reflecting on how dumb I felt after having over 20 Moondrops and then selling them all and then finding out I needed them, but for the first two days after that (in Summer) I didn't find a single one! So I thought up a way to make sure that with even the worst luck you can find the 15 in as many days. Less if your luck holds out, I've actually managed to find 2 and 3 a couple times!

This requires both save slots so I guess sorry if I led you on because you share or have two games.

Complete your day and save your game before going to bed. Then go to bed and save your game in the other slot.

Now go run out through the forest and river. If there aren't any Moondrops, reload your game before bed. If there ARE Moondrops, reload your game AFTER bed and do your early morning stuff as usual. It will still be there. Like I said, once you make sure you will find at least one you can usually get lucky and snag another!

Enjoy :)
---
Platinum Friend Code - 4898 4783 2434
HeartGold Friend Code - 0947 6982 7833
#2Sirian_HawkPosted 12/5/2012 9:42:54 AM
Just use the save/reload trick at stumps if you are that desperate. If you abuse it, you can make sure that every item you pull out of the stump is a moondrop flower (or whatever else you are looking for) and then could get all 15 in one day.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#3cloakedboltzPosted 12/5/2012 10:16:42 AM
Moondrop Flowers are relatively common. It's not like you're in the middle of Winter. Make sure to try all flower stumps and visit the forest, mountain and river area to maximize your odds. I would often find at least one per day.
#4Ghostronic(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 2:30:18 PM
I would say they are really common in spring for sure, but there were a couple days of summer where I didn't find a single one.

Of course there are some days where you can find a few in one run. I hadn't thought of just manipulating the stumps, though.
---
Platinum Friend Code - 4898 4783 2434
HeartGold Friend Code - 0947 6982 7833
#5SharkOmegaPosted 12/11/2012 12:17:26 PM
My friend is in Fall, and needs some. She didn't realize she needed them. Now she can't advance until next Spring that we know of. We both share my game, so she can't do the extra slot thing. I have like 50 or so, but no way to trade them to her. Kind of irritating.
---
Gamertag: Shark Omega
Steam: SharkXOmega
#6Sirian_HawkPosted 12/11/2012 12:24:44 PM
SharkOmega posted...
My friend is in Fall, and needs some. She didn't realize she needed them. Now she can't advance until next Spring that we know of. We both share my game, so she can't do the extra slot thing. I have like 50 or so, but no way to trade them to her. Kind of irritating.

Save before raiding the stumps. You don't need two slots for that.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.