Confused about Paddy crops?

#1Koi_TenchiPosted 12/8/2012 1:29:33 PM
This is my first Harvest Moon, so maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but I built some paddys and filled them with water. I bought some rice from Hana but it won't let me plant the rice. What am I doing wrong? I also can't seem to buy anything else for the Paddy but I'm already in my first winter and I unlocked the paddies quite a while ago...
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#2Sirian_HawkPosted 12/8/2012 1:32:39 PM
Did you hoe them?
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#3WindnCloud29Posted 12/8/2012 1:34:42 PM
First you tilt the soil with the hoe, fill up the field with water and then you can plant.
---
3DS FC 0946-2242-7181
Xbox GT W1ndnCloud---PSN WindnCloud29
#4OniNoMeKyoPosted 12/8/2012 1:39:58 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
This is my first Harvest Moon, so maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but I built some paddys and filled them with water. I bought some rice from Hana but it won't let me plant the rice. What am I doing wrong? I also can't seem to buy anything else for the Paddy but I'm already in my first winter and I unlocked the paddies quite a while ago...

That's why.
Rice can only be sown in Spring, and reaped in Fall.
---
PSN: OniNoMeKyo, 3DS FC: 0473-9038-8324
Waiting for: Fire Emblem Awakening, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#5Koi_Tenchi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 1:44:49 PM
OniNoMeKyo posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...

That's why.
Rice can only be sown in Spring, and reaped in Fall.

Oh alright, I guess that makes sense....

And is it the actual "Rice" I buy from Hana, or is there some type of "race seed"'? I was a little unsure since the little picture for the rice was different than anything else that I plant, but maybe that's just the case with paddy crops...?
---
#6OniNoMeKyoPosted 12/8/2012 1:52:58 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Oh alright, I guess that makes sense....
And is it the actual "Rice" I buy from Hana, or is there some type of "race seed"'? I was a little unsure since the little picture for the rice was different than anything else that I plant, but maybe that's just the case with paddy crops...?

"Rice" is used to cook. You can buy "Rice Seedlings" to grow your own, higher quality rice. The only thing is that you need the Maker Shed in order to turn it into cookable rice, and you only get 1 Rice per harvest.
---
PSN: OniNoMeKyo, 3DS FC: 0473-9038-8324
Waiting for: Fire Emblem Awakening, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
#7crystalsoulsPosted 12/8/2012 2:11:11 PM
In the meantime, you can grow lotus roots or lotus seedlings through winter until you can plant rice. Also you can get some wasabi seedlings from the guy in Sakura Land.
---
3ds: 3050-8423-0484
#8Koi_Tenchi(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 2:48:35 PM
crystalsouls posted...
In the meantime, you can grow lotus roots or lotus seedlings through winter until you can plant rice. Also you can get some wasabi seedlings from the guy in Sakura Land.

Ah thank you!

That's what I'm going to do now then.
---