Is this game worth buying if I get a 3DS?

#1protobakurionPosted 2/16/2013 1:01:47 PM
I planning on getting a 3DS and never played a Harvest Moon game. I was wondering if this game would be worth playing? What are some of the features in the game?
---
---
The Official Shiny Chespin and Shiny Porygon Z of the Pokemon X/Y boards and Official Draconeon of the Eevee Corp.
#2tayoni_jPosted 2/16/2013 2:08:50 PM
If you haven't already, I suggest you go watch some videos of the gameplay. No one can really say that You will really like this game. I thought I wouldn't like it cause I hated animal crossing. The cuteness of it made me sick and I had to go replay RE as a therapy. But oddly I like HM.
---
HM name "Misty" FC 0817-5202-1189
#3adofusPosted 2/16/2013 2:17:17 PM
protobakurion posted...
I planning on getting a 3DS and never played a Harvest Moon game. I was wondering if this game would be worth playing? What are some of the features in the game?
---

*cough* Search Box *cough*
---
*Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood douche*
Homey From Turtle Farm - FC : 5386-7219-3957
#4Hayley1818Posted 2/16/2013 2:32:50 PM
It is definitly worth playing if you like this sort of game. LOTS of customization including the full extent of your character, farm, and town. If you like a bit of dating sim (you get to find a husband/wife and have a kid) mixed with growing crops, keeping animals, expanding your town.. then you'll like it.

It's really a niche game.. meaning that you either love it or hate it, in my opinion.. but its definitly worth the try. It has a lot more features than old harvest moons, and I personally think this one is better than the rest. This game is the result of 25 years worth of modifying harvest moon.

But yeah check our videos of it. Don't be fooled by the simple graphics --it rreally works for the game play. Have fun!
---
3DS FC: 1993 7043 7700
"Art is what you can get away with"
#5IlluminoiusPosted 2/16/2013 2:37:29 PM
ni
#6dontneedanamePosted 2/16/2013 3:40:21 PM(edited)
It's basically The Sims with farming. I played Harvest Moon before on the N64 which I loved. This is my first game on the 3DS and so far I enjoy it.
#7jagjazzyPosted 2/16/2013 3:40:20 PM
tayoni_j posted...
If you haven't already, I suggest you go watch some videos of the gameplay. No one can really say that You will really like this game. I thought I wouldn't like it cause I hated animal crossing. The cuteness of it made me sick and I had to go replay RE as a therapy. But oddly I like HM.

You hate animal crossing :( but you like RE :). Okay we're still cool.
---
"I don't think anyone is born with a reason to live. It's something you have to find for yourself." - Tohru (FB)
Name:Jazzy/FC: 0817-3974-2751